Be Canadian living in Norway

>Be Canadian living in Norway
>Want to buy hamburgers because I haven't had them in a while
>Scared the girl at the cash register will think I'm American because I'm buying burgers
What are some traumatic things you have come across while living abroad?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dZK5PmtmsmA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

But Norwegians love America.

>66638718

>Go buy burger
>"Do you have Canadian burgers?"
>"What'S the difference?"
>"Oh well I guess you don't, give me a normal one"

There you go, now she won't think you're American!

everyone buys burgers, just not 7 times a day

>not buying burgers 7 times a day
blasphemy

But to do this every time I want a burger..
I bought a pack of two

Yes Sweden, and everyone prays, just not 5 times a day.

howdy pardner :DDD

>"oh hey there, bud, I was jus' oat and aboat, an' saw you guys sell hamburgers, eh? I'll have a hamburger 'den, sound good, bud? you know in canader we put maple bacon on our burgers. arrighty 'den good see'in yus"
>åh ha ha han er en kanadisk ha ha
problem solved

I'm from Western Canada, if I go full Canadian then Norwegians wouldn't understand a word I say. Not even other Canadians can understand me at times(it's not as bad as Newfie though)

well at the least they won't think you're american

How are these flags not illegal in Sweden?

Well last I heard displaying swedish flag in classrooms is nowadays considered offensive to migrants.
Quite funny as in Slovakia it is mandatory by law to have all state symbols displayed.

Take one without bacon

I am French and I live here.
I am always ashamed that I do not eat frog legs, so I am scared to eat in front of Brits, in case I will be exposed. I won't even order food in case they realise I don't like them.
Last month I went to France and bought back frg legs which I took to McDonald, and I showed to the cashier the legs and told her 'this is my dessert' so she thought I would eat the legs and mcdonalds.
I am hungry

How did you become living there?

>Be Danish abroad
>People constantly tell me how lucky I am, to be Danish
>They even seem jealous about it

Life is not a picnic my friends

>canadian abroad bases identity on being Not American

Every. fucking. time.

Why do you care...?

packed my luggage and bought a plane ticket

Are you just staying there for less than three months then?

>Be a Finn on erasmus
>have a good Swedish friend
>drinking beer
>bunch of randoms come up for a chat or vice versa
>"where you guys from?"
>I answer I', from Finland
>"cool"
>Friend says he's from Sweden
>"OMGGG"
>chat about Sweden for the next 10 minutes
Always
Though it meant that I could just focus on drinking beer so it was all good

>Enters into a restaurant
>"Hei, I would like a hamburger, please."
>"Thank you."
Done

I've been here for a while. My permit is for 5 years

it is you spoiled little brat
fuck you, hope russians nuke your non country

>having to focus on drinking beer aka I just stared into my drink while normies around me had a conversation and made friendships

>in Slovakia it is mandatory by law to have all state symbols displayed
fucking fascists. i bet you also forced to sing national anthem in the morning. this is no better than nationalism or racism

How did you get it? That's what I'm wanting to know

filled out the paperwork

Beer is better

Did you have a job offer there or something?

no

Then are you a student there or something?

no, im not a student

Oh. Then I guess you're lying. Never mind

that car..

>Norwegian amcar culture
>merican cars are cared for and kept in pristine condition

>Swedish raggar culture
>drive around in beat to shit rustbucket american cars that they abuse

>Norwegian amcar culture
sounds cool desu, have any neat pics?

>when you're mad that your country sucks

Do something about it instead of whining. Nobody gets good without determination

Yeah and also morning prayer to mother Mary

thats funny because im pretty sure you havent done anything worth noting

If you have some qualifications or a diploma worth something, you get a visa when you apply for one.

basically any american car from any time period is welcome at these events

sounds super neat actually, are american imports expensive there?

I've studied quite a bit about moving to Norway and everything I've read tells me that that is not true

some american cars are definitely overprived over here because of taxes, not sure if it applies to every model though

>Being in Las Vegas
>Got hungry and went to a Subway
>Mexicans attending the clients speaking Spanish between them
>Try my best English so they dont speak to me in their despicable dialect
>Want to ask for an especific ingredient but dont know the name in English
>End up asking for another ingredient before talking to them in Spanish.

My city has classic car shows every few weeks, i love car shows so its cool to see other country's have them.

sick

Then maybe you didn't have the means to support yourself if you couldn't find a job.

That's the thing you're scared off?

Not the fact that you have to PAY EXTRA to sit inside a McD to fucking eat your burger.

They fucking charge you EXTRA to sit inside.

It is true

I don't eat fastfood. I never knew they charge extra for something so stupid

No, I've never tried to find a job there yet, I've just read from countless sources that you need a job offer beforehand if you want to have any chance of getting a work visa. What qualifications or diplomas did you mean?

I didn't know either, until I went hiking with some friends in your beautiful country. On our way home we felt like we could do with some disgusting fastfood and then they wanted 2kr PER burger for us to sit inside.

>complain that you pay 2 ekstra kroner to use their tables and toilets

It's a restaurent, it's already part of their service.
It would spark an outrage here, some restaurents in Århus even allow you to bring your own wine, because it's fucking expensive.

Guess that's what you get for living in Jutland and being careful with your money ;>

He has a right to complain, it could have been raining or cold out. How dare they charge more just because you want to eat inside. They don't charge me when I sit in the restaurant and use their wifi for 3 hours.

you can look at it two ways
>you pay extra to eat it there
or
>you save money by not eating there

for some people the glass is always half empty and not half full..

It's about customs. Do restaurents in Norway usually charge you using their table? My guess would be no. Of course I get angry when I buy my food at their place and then they ask me to pay to eat it there. It's bad service.

>comparing a fast food restaurant to a proper restaurant
I struggle to even call McD a restaurant.

you forget that you're going in there to buy fast food, which is often take away and eaten on the go
it's not the same as a regular restaurant

McDonalds has all blacks working there, I find Burger King has a good amount of QTs working.

Are you memeing?

So do I, but that is how they brand themselves, so they should start acting like it. I've never experienced such a thing, anywhere, no matter how shitty of a food place it was.

No and based on the response, it proves it true.

BK has much better customer service as well, at least in my area. And it's not as crowded as McD.

Please respond...

you should find american expats in Norway and ask them they know much more about it than we do

That's so stupid, do they charge to use the bathroom too?

In burger land if you go to McDonalds in the early morning you can see groups of old men drinking coffee and talking bout dubya dubya two. They sit there for hours everyday, I guess this is the freedom they fought for o7.

McD is full of immigrants here.

I don't know, we left and ate in our car, but I'd assume it's part of the price.

Mcdonalds here doesn't have a breakfast menu. It's sickening really.

thats a shame really, mcdonalds hash brows are the best thing ever.

Yes it does. Doesn't look that appetizing desu.

hashbrowns are good, everything else is garbage. the pancakes are decent.

Not in Bergen they don't.

bergenposter btfo

Why does every Norwegian on this board hate Bergen? What happens there?

there is a really obnoxious poster who makes autistic threads about Bergen, so it's more like I hate him

but some norwegians also don't like Bergen because the people who live there have a terrible dialect and are kind of smug

>Why does every Norwegian on this board hate Bergen?
Jealousy.

>kind of smug
That's Stavanger

i love Norway threads 2bh
youtube.com/watch?v=dZK5PmtmsmA

Fun fact: that movie was directed and written by two Swedes.

Weaponized cuckoldry.

Weaponized cuckoldry is Swedens greatest export

Normally, you either go there first and use the three months to get a job, or get a job beforehand or a study visa, or you're self employed / work remotely, or you're rich and show that you have enough money to never depend on them.

>tfw i'll never get to experience Norwegian/Finnish NeetBUX lifestyle

It's 6 months m8

I was just wondering if you knew what kind of qualifications could get you a permit right away

FUUUUUUCK

You must be qualified for a job and have the diplomas or the experience required + you found a job or have enough money to live without working and you can prove it.
The people I know who didn't find a job were loaded or students.

I'm sure they can get a moose to piss on your burger if you're feeling homesick.

Frogs are good, Brits can't really judge y'all when one of their cultural staples is fish head pie.