Post 3 critically acclaimed albums you hate and have other people try to guess your personality and tell you how much...

Post 3 critically acclaimed albums you hate and have other people try to guess your personality and tell you how much of a piece of shit you are

1. The Smiths - The Queen Is Dead
2. The Strokes - Is This It
3. Robert Wyatt - Rock Bottom

FUCK OFF

Loveless.
Madvillainy.
Fucking Radiohead.

3contrarian5me

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Californication
The Beatles - Revolver

Can't think of anything else

deftones - white pony
blur - parklife
public image ltd. - first issue

Lonesome Crowded West
Velvet Underground & Nico
Led Zeppelin IV

I wanna like these albums but I can't no matter how hard I try

KANYE WESTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

That one My Bloody Valentine album
Madvilliany
Human Story 3

Anything by Earl Sweatshirt,
Anything by Tyler, The Creator
Anything by Kanye West
The list is huge

>hating The Velvet Underground and Nico
You're contrarian as fuck

>Human Story 3
>critically aclaimed

The Velvet Underground - The Velvet Underground & Nico
Neutral Milk Hotel - Into The Aeroplane Over The Sea
My Bloody Valentine - Loveless

The first is innovative but dated as fuck other musicians have done a far better job with the concepts introduced on that album. The second is quirky weird folk for bitch boys who can't handle actually quirky and weird folk. The third is a baby, pop version of what actually sophisticated guitar musicians/textural geniuses have done.

The Wall
Tommy
Let It Be

Wow nice non criticisms kill yourself any time you self important pseud

Joy Division - Unknown Pleasures
Big Black - Songs About Fucking
Animal Collective - Strawberry Jam

>non-criticisms
>self-important
Are you that big a delusional fanboy that you pulled these two completely out of your ass.

clueless
xDDD look mom im baiting xDDD

this might be a bit obvious, but you look down on anything even remotely popular (ie. stuff that the vast majority of people in the real world have never heard and never will) as being far too mainstream, in the hope you'll get some sort of respect for liking more obscure shit.

I mean, i do the fucking same but its still at the point where I can justifiably claim the stuff I'm knocking is actually shit, because it isn't mbv and nmh.

Animal Collective - Sung Tongs
Beach House - Bloom
Ulver - Shadows of the Sun

Good choices, faggots

The Strokes - Is This It
Love - Forever Changes
LCD Soundsystem - This Is Happening

The Strokes - Is This It
Cocteau Twins - Treasure (in fact anything they've come up with)
Sonic Youth - Daydream Nation (anything from them as well)

>Revolver
Fuck I'm triggered (excuse the pun). Really? Tomorrow Never Knows, She Said She Said, Taxman and Love You To are all literal god tier songs.

Talking Heads - Remain in Light
The Flaming Lips - Yohimi Battles the Pink Robots
Slint - Spiderland

Judas Priest- Painkiller
Death- The Sound of Perseverance
Morbid Angels- Altars of Madness

Dude, fuck you.

alright my bad

LCD Soundsystem - This Is Happening
Beach House - Entire discography
Smashing Pumpkins - Entire discography

SHITTY OPINION BONUS ROUND
I love them both, but imo SAM > TMR

Most of the album is filled with God tier songs. The only song I wouldn't consider that good would be Doctor Robert.

I don't know you but I hate you

The Wall has classic songs on it but I don't like how it's put together as an album.

I don't hate music, I just am very indifferent about the ones I don't like

>Strawberry Jam
>Bringing It All Back Home
>Yanqui UXO

I'm not baiting I just don't get the Appel

wow such shit taste

is it that hard for you guys to acknowledge other points of view and not conform to the shitty board hivemind

i agree that white pony isn't deftones' best but they have other great stuff

If you like shoegaze and more atmospheric music check out Saturday Night Wrist, Koi No Yokan, or Gore

If you like faster, heavier stuff check out Adrenaline, Around The Fur, or Diamond Eyes

If you like both and want to wallow in your own sadness and frustration check out self titled

Any radiohead album.
In the Aeroplane Over the Sea (Most of it, with the exception of Ghost, Holland 1945 and King of Carrot Flowers Pt. 1, although it's all whiney bullshit if you think about it.)
My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. (Never listened to it desu, but I don't like Kanye in general and I have listened to some of him.)

Eh not really my taste, in fact i only have about 70 Beatles songs on my iTunes, Not counting John and George's solo career of course

What? This shit's fucking retarded. We JUST had the other day an article posted that talked about why it's overrated. There's also another article somebody posted last month that talked about it, too. The album also gets decently consistent criticisms on its drums at least on this board.

Same thing for TVU&N and ITAOTS. ITAOTS gets criticism here ALL THE TIME it's not some new edgy contrarian viewpoint. TVU&N has also been getting some recently, too and I have explained my problems with it in detail in those threads so it's not like I am trying to be some wannabe edgy faggot.

Loveless
Spiderland
Close to the Edge

Queen is Dead (or any smiths for that matter)
Blonde On Blonde(didnt hate it but very meh)
Pet Sounds (muh compositional complexity )

Look at your explanations though.

>The second is quirky weird folk for bitch boys who can't handle actually quirky and weird folk.

So with ITAOTS, you sound like you're saying "it's a popular version of something better which I like" - the unspecified, clearly far better quirky weird folk

>The third is a baby, pop version of what actually sophisticated guitar musicians/textural
geniuses have done.

And for Loveless, your reasoning is the same. You're saying it's a pop version of something The second is quirky weird folk for bitch boys who can't handle actually quirky and weird folk. The third is a baby, pop version of what actually sophisticated guitar musicians/textural geniuses have done. but CLEARLY much better, because it doesn't have pop melodies, which are for babies and plebs.

You do you senpai, but don't pretend you're NOT being a tryhard edgy faggot, it's literally the only vibe you're giving off.

1. Unknown Pleasures
2. Perdition City
3. Hospice

wow that post fucked up, second try:

Look at your explanations though.

>The second is quirky weird folk for bitch boys who can't handle actually quirky and weird folk.

So with ITAOTS, you sound like you're saying "it's a popular version of something better which I like" - the unspecified, clearly far better quirky weird folk

>The third is a baby, pop version of what actually sophisticated guitar musicians/textural
geniuses have done.

And for Loveless, your reasoning is the same. You're saying it's a pop version of something but CLEARLY much better, because it doesn't have pop melodies, which are for babies and plebs.

You do you f@m, but don't pretend you're NOT being a tryhard edgy faggot, it's literally the only vibe you're giving off.

Daft Punk - Homework
Fugazi - Repeater/The Argument (don't hate them but they are so overrated. Red Medicine was good though)
The Velvet Underground & Nico
Surfer Rosa
both of the above are technically good, but I don't like them much at all.
Is This It was decent. Rock Bottom is a hard one to get into, but it is legitimately good. Haven't heard the Smiths album
I agree with Californication bro. It is meh