- model

Go!

Other urls found in this thread:

spookmagazine.com/time-for-some-grimes/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Kid Koala

Me
Rubbing dick

Keep this shit in your containment general.

>- singer
>- songwriter
>- producer
>- sound engineer
>- lyricist
>- live performer
>- visual artist
>- music video director
>- dancer
>- model
>Implying any of these are that impressive

David Bowie

This is about posting other artists with similar skills to Grimes. It's not the same thing.

Prince

Now go back to your containment thread

>Implying any of these are that impressive
It's impressive to have all of them.

And some female artists?

Others than Kate Bush and Bjork.

Kate Bush, Björk, Ke$ha in her early years

Now leave, we've listed artists

Well, you're unlucky: Try again. And even Kate Bush & Bjork relied on other musicians and producers. Grimes did everything by herself.

>Ke$ha
:))))))

Ke$ha is miles ahead of Grimes in every single aspect, except "being a smelly goblin"

>implying that Dr. Luke's puppet is better than the artist of the decade
B8

I'm not even talking about her shitty music. You're pathetic if you defend that slut.

>Occupation
>Singer
>songwriter
>rapper
>citation needed

"Impressive".

I'm not defending her, she's a better artist in the same league. neither are seriously good of course, but she's definitely the superior one of the two.

>but she's definitely the superior one of the two
>she's a better artist in the same league
Trolling much? You clearly know that isn't true. Kesha is not even able to write a half decent song. Also take a look at the credits of her albums and Grimes albums.

>Kesha is not even able to write a half decent song

of course not, but she's still better than grimes

>model

for fetal alcohol syndrome monthly?

virtually every female artist touches in all of those categories

any publicity photos mean they are a model
concerts/music videos usually mean they do some kind of dancing

they usually have some sort of influence over production even if they are not the main one

You insist with idiocy.

At least Ke$ha can make straight up pop, Grimes can only make half-baked ideas of failed faux art pop

We gave what you asked in the OP, someone who had all this credits that wasn't Grimes. So stfu and leave

I'm not the one swooning over a third rate pop musician

>Grimes can only make half-baked ideas of failed faux art pop
(You)

Those that know about music have a different opinion...

You should shut the fuck up.

Samefag

And wow, "the real music lovers think differently" argument, real original pal.

Outside of your containment thread, the general consensus is that Grimes is a low quality "popstar". What's even funnier is that most of you NEETs only like the image of her sweaty goblin body, not her actual music.

A dog can do all those things but that doesn't mean it's any good at them

this

you grimesfags should feel bad about yourselves building her up like she's the greatest. one day tumblr will be gone and grimes will be left alone with all her below average talents and she'll probably kill herself. for shame

Grimes is the definition of jack of all trades, master of none. There's a reason she dropped out of her Neuroscience program, it's because she didn't have the skill to go beyond the superficial aspects of it.

boooooooooooo

>Outside of your containment thread, the general consensus is that Grimes is a low quality "popstar".
Again, you're talking out of your ass. How did you measure this consensus? Post a source or something. Prove it.

I could post countless links to prove that the consensus is that she's brilliant.

>What's even funnier is that most of you NEETs only like the image of her sweaty goblin body, not her actual music.
>implying you're not the actual NEET
Ad hominem attacks, just like a faggot. We're listening to her music, not her image, fuckwit. Your arguments are null.

Grimes is not unique, get over yourself.

>Grimes is the definition of jack of all trades, master of none.
That's why she's so appreciated and succesful and you're a NEET.

>There's a reason she dropped out of her Neuroscience program, it's because she didn't have the skill to go beyond the superficial aspects of it.
You're assuming too much. She dropped out of her Neuroscience program because of her troubles in her life and because she started making music.

In your thread there's people with SHRINES to her. No one seems really against them or is calling em out, so pretty clear what you guys think. The whole NEET argument is an attack on you cause the fact that you act like neck beards, the SHRINES!!!, and the fact that this is Sup Forums.

I'm also reffering to the consensus on Sup Forums, which you can clearly figure out, unless you're retarded. Just look at this thread!

Tyler, The Creator

>A dog can do all those things but that doesn't mean it's any good at them
Name one dog with these skills.

You know what's funny? Look at who was posted so far: David Bowie, Prince, Kate Bush, Bjork, Kid Koala. Very few, so having all these skills is pretty rare. Big names and real legends, having the same skills as Grimes. Doens't that ring a bell?

>That's why she's so appreciated and succesful and you're a NEET
Appeal to popularity gets people nowhere. Are you saying that if Donald Trump wins the election then that he's automatically the most qualified person for the job?

And way to ad-hominem. Yeah, I might not have a neuroscience degree either, but that's only because I deferred my graduation for a year so I can get research experience.

>In your thread there's people with SHRINES to her.
>impling few extremists = the whole fanbase
There are some people obsessed with her because she's a very interesting artist. She's magical. You have to understand that.

>I'm also reffering to the consensus on Sup Forums, which you can clearly figure out, unless you're retarded. Just look at this thread!
Even on Sup Forums the consensus is split in the middle. More and more people realize that she's actually great. There were some stories about this on her general thread. It's just a matter of time until she will have the same respect as the big ones (Kate Bush, Bjork). Mark my words.

And btw, she's the only female artist on Sup Forums with daily threads reaching the bump limit. Don't you think there's more about her than her look, especially when you consider that many believe she's ugly?

>Appeal to popularity
You could dismiss any argument this way. You must be completely delusional if you think she's just a mediocre popstar.

You can make a living doing any ONE of those things, user...

kek

holy fucking shit dude
o
l
y

f
u
c
k
i
n
g

s
h
i
t

d
u
d
e

You dude are the biggest reppelent on the world.
There are reasons why artists like Joanna Newsom, Brian Eno, and Michael Gira are respected. Even if they are shitposted to an extent, the debates about them don't lose any kind of self-awareness, and do not overidolize.
Community is a key role in a debate
You dude are the reason why people hate this woman.
>he can't separate the fans from the artist.
I'm replying to one of them as it seems, and the impression that he gives me about the art/ist is really negative.
There's already a cultural impact made, you fucked up.
I'll hate this woman until she is no longer mentioned here due to fuckwits like you.
I can't fucking believe I wasted time in this bullshit message.
This is pathetic.

>he likes brian eno and thinks michale gira and joanna memeson are good artist.

fuck this I don't want to become paranoid about everything just put a gun in my head.

aaaand i quote someone who didn't made anything wrong great whatever fucking great.

>The thing with science is that it’s very flawed and kind of like running in a circle and not really getting anywhere. You can’t really trust what you’re discovering, whereas music isn’t that, it’s more humble. It’s something that’s emotional, but it’s not claiming anything. And it seems more truthful in the fact that it’s not literal and it’s not trying to come to a conclusion, but science always had that. I always got anxiety about that when I was studying. It was really beautiful and really interesting but like “half of this means nothing, there’s no way that I can actually trust this”, whereas with music it means nothing and that’s the point and you can rely on that and you can be like “I’m dedicating my life to this incredibly absurd thing that’s beauty is in its absurdity”.
spookmagazine.com/time-for-some-grimes/

just because you can do something doesn't mean that you're good at something

David and Prince shrines have been a cultural staple for decades...

no i quoted him well it's all fine whatever just fucking end me.

You're completely autist and a mad fuckwit. Chill down you idiot. Nobody gives a fuck if you'll hate Grimes for the rest of your pathetic life.

>There are reasons why artists like Joanna Newsom, Brian Eno, and Michael Gira are respected. Even if they are shitposted to an extent, the debates about them don't lose any kind of self-awareness, and do not overidolize.
Eno and Gira are male artists, so no misogyny for a start. Joanna Newsom is also often attacked because of her voice. I'm not even saying about the lots of pictures with her posted in her threads and about people who want to fuck her.

Grimes is a special case. She's hugely talented but also over posted. Many hate her without hearing a single note of her music. The same haters tried to shit on her artistry and her image with their obnoxious and retarded posts.

You're too stupid to understand that. And you're repling to yourself like an autist.

>he can't separate the fans from the artist.
Yes, you can't, because you're a moron.

Yes indeed. That dumbass act like an artist shrine is a new thing, exclusive to Grimes.

Disclaimer: I have zero shrines.

People just derailed the whole thread with their stupid anti Grimes propaganda.

So, name other artists with the skills from the very first post, besides:
Grimes
Kate Bush
Bjork
Prince
David Bowie

Let's see how many of them are.

>I'll hate this woman until she is no longer mentioned here due to fuckwits like you.
Only a fool lets other people dictate to them what they like/don't like.

pretty much any musician dude, don't act like it's special

>pretty much any musician dude
I don't think so. I mean ALL of these skills (ok, I'm willing to forget about the model part).

Then why is that list so short?

Most musicians aren't producers, so a big chunk is already skipped.

pretty much all those skills are necessary to being a contemporary musician m8
it's 2016, most kpops have all those skills

>list of all musicians active today
>short

lmao

Those that claimed that Grimes is nothing special may have a little surprise...

The only requirment for being a musician today is somehow being able to perform music. All the other things mentioned by the OP are superfluous.

No - the summarized list of musicians mentioned by name in this thread...

who the fuck wants to compile a list of all musicians active today? you can do it though and you'll see it's pretty fucking damn long

Wrong. Most kpop singers are just singers, helped by male musicians and producers + an entire team.

>list of all musicians active today
Bollocks, Most artists don't have all these skills. For instance many aren't producers or sound engineers or visual artists or music video directors. Dude, the list is all or nothing.

most kpop idols have dabbled in every discipline you listed, you uninformed twit. maybe grimes should get a team to help her, it might benefit her sloppy output.

>All the other things mentioned by the OP are superfluous.
Nothing is superflous, these skills have a reason to exist.

>The only requirment for being a musician today is somehow being able to perform music.
Yes. But I want artists with all these skills, even the "superflous" ones. I'm curious how many are.

>dabbled
I'm curios how many of them did a song from start to finish, I mean everything from singing, composing, producing to making music videos and drawing the artwork.

>maybe grimes should get a team to help her, it might benefit her sloppy output.
(You)

nice goalpost shifting my man

Jim O'Rourke

Bruce Springsteen

Brian Wilson

Hunter-Hunt Hendrix

By "dabbled" I bet you mean just some small tweaks, while the proper producer, songwriter, director, etc did the main part.

marilyn manson

I'm curious about these skills:
- visual artist
- music video director

Did they do that? Sources?

which still means they have the skill, which is what you were asking for in the OP

see

I guess she is a shitty musician since you forget that un tour list.

Even assuming they have some skills, are you sure they have all of them? Some sources to prove that?

Jim O'Rourke has been involved in various film productions, scored various foreign works, and helped direct produce them with other artists, and direct his own work.

Bruce Springsteen has directed his own music videos and has been involved and produced and directed documentaries about him the E Street Band and the Jersey Shore Sound.

Brian Wilson made his own music videos later into the Beach Boys career, and has been deeply involved with various documentaries and films.

ha ha oh man

>that un tour list
???

OK. But they did some drawings/paintings/visual art?

film is a visual art you fucking uneducated mong

Why you're so mad, mong? I meant drawings and paintings, this sort of stuff.

Yeah, Brian Wilson took up painting later on into his life, Springsteen sketched and drew through his youth and thought about pursuing a career and O'Rourke created the cover art for a lot of his early singles and albums.

I'm pretty sure Mark Kozelek has done most of these, at least the ones that matter

This

OK.

Also hunter hunt Hendrix did this, the guy from the hotelier, Patrick stickles, Frank black, Stephen malkmus, Donahue from Mercury Rev, Eric B, Curtis Mayfield

All of em fit the criteria

You could consider his tour documentaries films as well, and he wrote a book with all his lyrics and shit in it so I guess you could consider him a filmmaker and poet as well. Isn't he starring in a movie soon as well?

Cool. Keep posting more artists if you know them.

can all you obsessive Grimes-posters become tripfags so I can filter you?
we get it, you like Grimes, but please stick to your containment thread, you're not gonna change other people's opinions with your pseudo-intellectual counterarguments.
like, seriously man, please simmer down for your and everyone else's sake

>stop liking what I'm hating
Seriously, you could hide this thread with a shift click on it. Why did you visit in the first place?

>we get it, you like Grimes, but please stick to your containment thread
That's in NOT a containment thread. It's just one of places where we post about her, not the only one. WE the fans choose to post in that thread. But that doesn't mean we can't talk about her anytime and anywhere we wish. We never promised we will post only on the general thread. Freedom of speech, bitch.

go back to Sup Forums

>singer
Her voice is mediocre, void of emotion and rangeless.

>songwriter
Writes shitty pop songs at the comprehension level of a 12 year old girl.

>producer
Can barely produce and can't even do it well.

>lyricist
The entitled whines of a rich consumerist westerner and vain indulgences of modern culture poorly conveyed.

>live performer
A required ability for most musician of which she provides no interesting output to pressing play, equalising, singing poorly and gyrating.

>visual artist
Cheap and contrived graphical designs with the intention of conveying an egotistical impression.

>music video director
About the same talent as a loud negro on Instagram.

>dancer
Apeish gyrations of a drugged troglodyte.

>model
Ugly fat nose reminds of the local hobo near the gas station, elephant like ears that bring Dumbo to envy deteriorated scalp and hair from the litres of chemicals induction and bacteria formation.

Do you call this drivel arguments? You're such an edgy try hard faggot. Shame on you.

Frank Zappa