NMH

So does Sup Forums actually like this band? I heard about it through memery but... after listening to a few songs... I actually like them.

Am I being rused?

HA, you ruse.

Yes, Sup Forums likes NMH, it's just reposted so much that it's become a meme. Some people don't get it. Some people don't like it. Some people are contrarians and say that they don't like it, but in general the album is considered pretty great around here.

My favorites so far are In the Aeroplane Under the Sea, King of Carrots, and Two-Headed Boy.

I get like a weird nostalgia-carnival-type vibe from them.

That's good to hear, I think I'm really getting into them.

desu if you like the whole whimsical carnival thing you're listening to the wrong Neutral Milk Hotel album.
Stick around if you can handle a board culture that's so pretentious that it turns on itself because some stuff is "too accessible". You can find some really good music though.

Not that poster but I really need to quit this place. I genuinely think people are afraid to listen to music that is considered "pleb" purely because of hateful anonymous posters on this board. People take the opinions of shit posters on here way too seriously.

I'll check out that album too!

>pretentious board culture
I just got done with /lit/ telling me everything wasn't real because it's a spook, I don't know if it can get more pretentious than that but I'm willing to find out. pic related

>mfw plebs think Oh Comely is the worst song

memes aside, nah. NMH is really good shit - as said, it's just been discussed to the point of sounding like everyone hates it lol

Unironically my favorite band

>mfw contrarians think Untitled is the best song

Protip: if you get deep enough into any community centered around a hobby, you'll encounter this level of pretentiousness. Some people can't appreciate pure aestheticism. Who gives a fuck if you listen to Katy Perry? It's catchy pop music. Not everything has to be super serious with some type of message. Music with a message and art for art's sake can coexist.
Check out the other Sup Forumscore too. Most of it is pretty damn good, despite what some posters would say. If you like the whole lo-fi aesthetic of NMH, check out some bands like The Microphones and The Unicorns. I don't like Daniel Johnston that much, but he was a pioneer for that type of music. Also maybe check out some subgenres like shoegaze if you think you'd like indie rock with a much harder sound.
Fuck you, Oh Comely is objectively the worst song on that album. It meanders for way too long.

thb is the best song on the album
the fool is a close second

>8 minutes
>too long
found the pleb

its nu-male music.

>implying

imo it's too long for that song. 8 minutes of slow whining with virtually no progression is too much for me.

I LOOOVE YOU JESUSSSSS CHRIIIIIIIIIST

JEEEEEEEEESUS CHRIIIIIST I LOOOOVE YOU YES I DOOOOOO

i dont feel like arguing about it. i like the song, its okay that you dont. what your favorite song on the album?

I would say The Fool, but nobody believes me when I say that, so The King of Carrot Flowers parts 2 & 3.

I thought you guys were supposed to be pretentious, this is more-or-less constructive dialogue...

(not true by the way)

The Fool is pretty good, better than Untitled imo which seems to be the contrarian favorite. KOCF pt 2&3 is GOAT. desu I LOVE YOU JESUS CHRIST has been meme'd to the point of no return

>Sup Forums
>pretentious

Yeah, like 2 or 3 years ago.

Now it's just underage and memes now. This place is a shell of itself.

I love the fool, underrated song

>slow guitar
>JEEEEEESSSSUUUSSSS CHRRIIISSSTTTT
>epic guitar chord
>flute or some shit i don't know
>drums explode into basically punk rock
Absolutely glorious. I don't think Untitled is as good or as bad as anyone says. It's a solid song, but nowhere near the best. Not sure where all the love and hate for it comes from.

yeah, the progression of that song is so vapid that its hsrd ti believe there's such a large difference between the 0:00 mark and the 2:00 mark. One of my favorites on the album, seonded probably by Two Headed Boy

Also, I dont really hate untitled i just think that compared to some of the other tracks on the album, its one of the weaker ones

I never hear anyone talk about Ghost. One of my favorites on the album

Pleb

Ghost is highly underappreciated.

kek

Worst song on the album t b h
Apart from that "how it split the skyyyyy" god tier moment