Anybody given it a full listen yet? IMO, not as good as the first album, but after waiting 15(!) years for the followup...

Anybody given it a full listen yet? IMO, not as good as the first album, but after waiting 15(!) years for the followup, and not disappointed. Really, really solid album.

youtube.com/watch?v=SjfspM5sDIA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RbEmVZ4SGBE
youtube.com/watch?v=IkJGSnRB9RM
youtube.com/watch?v=aB159Ac7sh0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bump

another

>album starts with coughing

Mr. Bungle did an album that started with snoring. So?

made me nut desu senpai

probably my aoty foreshure

youtube.com/watch?v=RbEmVZ4SGBE

Sooooooo good.

*raises spork*

youtube.com/watch?v=IkJGSnRB9RM

so good

Sure is summer in there.
Seriously, 10/10 summer album.
Only tracks I disliked are Noisy Eater and Wozerd Of Iz.

Hah. Noisy Eater make me chuckle. I don't know where they pulled all those hip-hop bits from.

If you haven't seen the Frankie Sinatra video, it's basically whatever happened to Hunter S. Thompson when he took the adrenochrome in Fear and Loathing. Fucking weird and trippy.

youtube.com/watch?v=aB159Ac7sh0

That's fucking awesome.

I've been listening to it a fair bit lately, overall pretty happy with it.

I don't really like some of the hip-hop in it, some of the rapping segments just have dumb lyrics "drugz n carz lyf, smokin bluntz yeee". I feel like it kind of detracts from the more dreamy-happy vibe.

other than that its pretty great, some really different textures and feelings.

Yeah, where the first album took some samples and "made" some hip-hop-sounding lines, this one just pulled some straight out. Didn't like that as much. Definitely agree on the textures.

I'm enjoying it quite a bit. It's great feel good music.

I actually thought it was pretty good, and Frankie Sinatra worked in context of the album.

Colors is GOAT

quality quads

>Anybody given it a full listen yet?

Agreed. It's also waaaaaay trippier than the first album. Good headphone experience.

Subways is in the conversation.

>AHHHHHHHHHHH

I like it a lot, definitely one of my favorites this year. Light years ahead of most people using sampling to further their shitty rap careers, Wildflower is 100 % patrician

>Light years ahead of most people using sampling to further their shitty rap careers
how so?

I can't figure out why it took 15 years to get made. Delays are one thing, but claiming to have been working on it the whole time is kinda weird.

you're a little too genuine for Sup Forums, gotta look at everything from some level of irony m8

but yeah it's good, probably my aoty so far but I haven't listened to a whole lot. really underrated imo, fanbase is annoying sometimes though

What I mean by that is that most producers (we all know most rappers don't make their own beats) seem to think of sampling very one dimensionally, they add one orchestral sample to their Logic beat and think it's hot as fuck. Whereas The Avalanches use sampling as an instrument of sorts, they take samples and put them together to create complex music that is nearly entirely sample based. They just understand the art more than nearly everyone, only exception in current music would probably be Madlib

The Avalanches also did it back in 2001. I dunno if they were the first, but they were the first I can think of that did a whole album that I really liked.

oh I missed that then. The first two songs seemed very similar to the original songs with nothing substantial added. I'll listen again though.