Has 2016 been the worst year for music this decade? Hardly any worthwhile albums

Has 2016 been the worst year for music this decade? Hardly any worthwhile albums.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wRqHWb2XuYQ
wehavenozen.blogspot.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=Rl4RP0Cf6wQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Agreed. A couple of pleasant ones but nothing over a 6/10 yet.

yes, I've heard all the albums pitchfork recommended and none of them were that good

2016 = shit

t. Bandcamp faggot

it's been a fantastic year

I dont really think there is any point to trying to figure out what years were the best and the worst, just listen to music as it comes out and hopefully find things you enjoy.

2010: Bastard Noise - Red List/Culture of Monsters
youtube.com/watch?v=wRqHWb2XuYQ
2011: Absu - Apzu
2012: Holy Moses - Power of Now
2013: Deafheaven - Sunbather
2014: Sia - 1000 Forms of Fear
2015: of Montreal - Aureate Gloom
2016: Dream Theater - The Astonishing

When the best album of the year is by a 69 year old dadrock artist and this specific album became over hyped because he died, you know music actually has gotten worse.

nope, its actually a jazz album

that's not aoty tho

wehavenozen.blogspot.com/

think again faggots

I've listened to every major release this year besides one, and all were disappointing. Is Blackstar actually good?

>Bowie
>Dadrock

That's a big stretch senpai.

>aureate gloom
>the astonishing

jesus christ these are like 3/10 at best

got it in one then

if you can't think for yourself go find another slightly less sour teat to suck

2complex4u

No, I dont use bandcamp shit or pitchfork, you queer

It's the best Bowie album in a while and definitely worth a listen but it's not some amazing masterpiece like people act like it is. Hugely overrated because he died.

Bowie from Ziggy to Scary Monsters is absolutely dadrock, with Diamond Dogs being the peak.

Blackstar being dadrock is a stretch, even though I'm sure a good amount of the people who bought it were dads.

I dont know man. Matter by St.Lucia was one crazy album.
Easily a 9/10, since it had a lot of 10/10 songs.

>2011: Absu - Apzu
It can get confusing.

Jan 9, 2016 - Mythological occult trio Absu will be releasing seventh studio album, Apsu, later this year. The album will complete their trilogy

Abzu is the sixth studio album by American black metal band Absu. It was released in 2011 on Candlelight Records. It features new members in the form of guitarist Vis Crom and bassist/vocalist Ezezu

The Sun of Tiphareth is the second full-length studio album by black metal band Absu. It was released on Osmose Productions in 1995.[2]
1. "Apzu" – 11:18

t. incel

Listen to more music.

Right and wrong? Older you get the harder it is to be impressed by anything, can't just write the year off cause nothing fits your fancy.

exact opposite for me but my aoty is afterall the astonishing

??? - 2016 : "the album"; rip - OP (also spotify)

Anti was good
The new Flume album is good

everything else is singles... *shrugs*, over it

Pfft

everybody trolling everybody...
fags

Yoni & Geti - Testarossa
Matmos - Ultimate Care II
Homeboy Sandman - Kindness for Weakness
Xiu Xiu - Plays the Music of Twin Peaks
Elucid - Save Yourself
The Hotelier - Goodness
Aesop Rock - The Impossible Kid
The Avalanches - WIldflower
Babyfather - BBF Hosted By DJ Escrow
Kanye West - The Life of Pablo
Spark Master Tape - Silhouette of a Sunkken City
Skepta - Konnichiwa
Lushlife - Ritualize
Onry Ozzborn - Duo

Imma just leave this here.

+ this
youtube.com/watch?v=Rl4RP0Cf6wQ

yeah I wouldn't actually post the songs either

>Implying that Blackstar isn't the best album of all time.
No other piece of art in the history of mankind is more profound in its dealings with death. It's as if it was written from the afterlife.

This is amazing Azza

best year since 2011 imo

Idk. Kinda excited for the new Sum 41 album. I'm thinking it's gonna be miles better than Blink 182's new album

plenty of good hip hop ones

ur strange but good tatse

+the glowing man - Swans
Elseq - Autechre

Agreed
AMSP and Bottomless Pit were big delusions
Only Bowie made it

Rec music. This doesn't help.

Blackstar, DIIVs Is There Is Are, and Plaza's new new album are the only worthwhile albums I've heard this year.

Lmao what

2016 is one of the best years for music this century.

Not counting the deaths, of course.

What are your favorite albums?

Of 2016?

> .

Sleep Cycle

yes

Blackstar
Bottomless Pit
Coloring Book
The Impossible Kid
AMSP
Plays the Music of Twin Peaks
Scum with Boundaries
Sept. 5th
untitled unmastered
Wildflower

No, of 1962....

I don't have any music from 1962.

>worst year for music of the decade so far
>hardly any worthwhile albums
Couldn't disagree more. I hate when people say this shit like they've listened to everything to come out

Scum With Boundaries and Blackstar are the only albums of those that I like, and I'd only rate them 7/10

You just aren't looking hard enough

Oh, have you listened to all the albums coming out in every corner of the world?

How about you list your favorites, you shithead

Anderson Paak - Malibu

No, I'm not claiming to have. I'm also not claiming that there hasn't been many worthwhile releases

Bike Path – Blonde + Blue
>emo, pop-punk
The Hotelier – Goodness
>emo revival, indie rock
Trondheim Jazz Orchestra, Kim Myhr & Jenny Hval – In The End His Voice Will Be The Sound Of Paper
>avant-folk
Venetian Snares – Traditional Synthesizer Music
>drill & bass
Roly Porter – Third Law
>ambient
Parquet Courts – Human Performance
>indie rock, punk
The Field – The Follower
>ambient techno
John Zorn - Flaga: The Book of Angels Volume 27
>chamber jazz
Moonsorrow - Jumalten aika
>folk metal
Anna Meredith - Varmints
>experimental pop
Omar Rodriguez-Lopez - Sworn Virgins
>lo-fi guitar pop
Tiny Moving Parts - Celebrate
>emo
Vijay Iyer & Wadada Leo Smith - A Cosmic Rhythm With Each Stroke
>jazz
Ian William Craig - Centres
Ian William Craig - Zugzwang for Fostex
>ambient

Yeah, but as someone who has listened to over 300 albums, this year fucking sucks.

I'm sorry you picked the wrong 300 albums. I've listened to 150ish and found some shit I really enjoy.

forgettable

I don't know why my post made you so mad, but my favorites of this year are
Ulaan Passerine - The Great Unwinding
Kim Myhr/Jenny Hval/Trondheim Jazz Orchestra - In the End his Voice Will Be the Sound of Paper

Solid list. I was resistant to Goodness at first since I love their debut so much, but it's grown on me. Also Third Law's great

2014 WAS WAY WORSE

The debut or Home, Like Noplace Is There?

Either way, Goodness was significantly less "emo" lyrically and musically than its predecessors. It was definitely a worthwhile trade off though because Goodness is so much more mature than anything that came before it, both lyrically and musically. There will always be more young emo bands that put out angsty material, but it's relatively rare to see a band age into the position that the Hotelier did. The only things I didn't love about the album were the strained vocal performances and the unnecessary statement that the cover art attempts to make. Definitely try that Bike Path album if you haven't already, reminds me of H,LNPIS.

And yeah, the Roly Porter record was some phenomenal drone. It gets a lot more plays from me than Life Cycle (which I still think is pretty good).

Their debut under their current band name, so home likenoplace. I realized that was confusing after I posted it lol.

I think in one sense their sound has definitely matured. They brought a lot of neq textures into the fold and some more complex and intriguing drum patterns.

I get where you are coming from with the argument that they lyrically matured in the sense that the lyrics are more esoteric on Goodness, but I think Home did a better job of creating an evocative, vivid image and using more direct language to crush the listener in a blunt way and pull on their heart strings. Goodness made you think, but home made you feel. In that context I'd say they were a little to different to compare but I prefer the gripping quality of home.

I much preferred Third law honestly. I thought it was so vivid, from the recreation of a launch, and the silent loneliness of space, the terror of obstacles and encounters. Well executed

people were praising it before he died tho? overhyped, maybe, but it was still a very good album which is high praise when compared to the rest of his discog

I'm glad someone else gave a shit about roly porter

He's actually getting a good bit of attention right now. RYM has him in the top 20 of the year, at least they did recently

The new Marissa Nadler album was good, I don't know why Sup Forums doesn't talk about it.

Wtf is picture real? Why is cat not doing anything?

Because Sup Forums is full of normies and I don't want normies to listen to my music

It turned out that the cat was SS too

>my music
It's not your music.