I'm an computer engineering student with no musical tastes whatsoever (I only listen to mozart because it is said to...

I'm an computer engineering student with no musical tastes whatsoever (I only listen to mozart because it is said to improve your brain) and I'm going on a date with this cute hipster girl who is majoring in contemporary music studies.

I need to get to known at least the essentials of tasteful contemporary songs of the current year to deceive her into thinking I'm not a boring tasteless pleb when it comes to music so as to increase our probability of having sexual intercourse.

Please help me Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Rl4RP0Cf6wQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Q7EGWwQwYgE
youtube.com/watch?v=XyY7Yvx2PYA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

james ferraro

just check these out. btw fuck you

majority of music studies girls are plebs
just listen to whatevers top on the radio. or just say the new beyonce or kanye

the art history majors are the patricians

Sufjan Stevens
Radiohead
AnCo
Tame Impala
Kanye
Of Montreal
Arcade Fire
Aphex Twin

Should get you started, with this you're set when discussing music with "indie" people (listen to their highest rated albums on RateYourMusic)

this will impress her youtube.com/watch?v=Rl4RP0Cf6wQ

Tell her you dont listen to alot of music and ask her for recs

>Mozart improves your brain
>I'm going on a date with this cute hipster girl who is majoring in contemporary music studies
>deceive her into [...]
>boring tasteless pleb
>increase our probability of sexual intercourse
>Please help me
How pathetic can you get in one single post, OP?

>How pathetic can you get in one single post, OP?

Very.

I'm not particularly good at anything and I have a very hard time understanding the world around me.
I'm a byproduct of several generations of dysgenics, having been poisoned and brainwashed since early childhood in a senseless effort to groom me to "be happy" and have a "good future" in an existence that lacks meaning and is filled with an almost unbearable amount of suffering.
The only reason I haven't killed myself yet is because I want to know more about mathematics, even though I'm a brainlet and would never get a tenure.
I go to college everyday hoping to die in some gory traffic accident, and when I come back home I lift weights until I can barely move, then strain my brain doing baby math until I can't take it anymore so I can fall asleep, wishing never to wake up.

Sometimes my colleagues call me to parties, where I stand awkwardly thinking about my unfinished homework. In some such parties for some unfathomable reason cute girls display interest on me, so I go and chat them up a little bit, emulating my peers. Once in a blue moon one of them accepts to go on date with me. Naturally I need to put on a persona of some sort, since I don't really have a genuine me to be myself.
So I try to craft the sort of persona that seems most likely to achieve the goal of the dating game, that is, sex.

This. There is no point in lying to her, because if she knows the bands you are talking of and presses further, you'll look like a poser and a liar.

>I need to get to known at least the essentials of tasteful contemporary songs of the current year to deceive her into thinking I'm not a boring tasteless pleb when it comes to music so as to increase our probability of having sexual intercourse.
fukkin lmao
comp engineering students are so pathetic

If a girl looked up the basics of mathematics one day before going out with you, would you believe she had been into it all along? Of course not, you can instantly tell she's a tremendous mathematics pleb.

It works the same for music. Just tell her you don't like music and get on with your miserable life.

I couldn't care less about it.
I see dating the same way as I see college exams, pass/fail, either it ends up in sex or it was a failure.
Like failing class it isn't necessarily a bad thing, you always gain some experience with a more comprehensive understanding of what is expected of you and where you came short so you can adapt and step up your game next time.

can I use this? it's a sound foundation for a short story?

wow op your life sounds so terrible :^((((

[spoiler] an hero immediately [/spoiler]

oh man, you need some counseling or something. I'm not trying to tell you how you should live, but something in you is wrong and scary.

on topic:
check tinymixtapes and pitchfork, and theneedledrop and read up on the last couple of months.

Imagine being the kind of person who saves these images unironically

here you go senpai

You should listen to swans they sound like a band you should just listen to in general instead of trying to impress a girl.

Have you ever had sex though?

This is why your date is going to fail, not because you don't listen to music, but because you believe shit like this.

Tell her that you don't really listen to music, but you are looking to get into it. Then she will go off on a tangent about her pleb taste trying to get you to like her music and you just go with the flow. You wont have to talk, and she will feel like she is doing something for you.

You have quite a toxic mindset that will lead you to a long list of regrets. Whatever you do in life, you should always be happy, not to sound like a hippy but always find yourself a hobby or something to make yourself truly happy. I kinda have the same childhood story as you do but I managed to find my own personality and be comfortable in my own skin.

Also you sound asian as fuck due to the fact that you're allowing other people's priorities lay upon you such as the whole getting good grades, getting a girlfriend, be successful etc.

honestly if you tell her you don't know shit about music it'll probably be better.

girls (and people generally) love to talk about themselves, or their interests, especially music or arts. Plus, she's into music by the sounds of things, so you just have to listen attentively and be interested / feign interest. you might even learn something :)

best of luck!

you dropped something, OP

>majoring in contemporary music studies
wtf just ask for recs then
she'll prob love talking about her taste in music
why would you try to impress someone musically who clearly knows more about music than you do?
is this bait?

Is this pasta?

>tfw no matter how ugly and fucked up I am I'm still a better human being then most of Sup Forums

OP is obviously a trolling crossboarder
Don't worry, you're still more pathetic than me

The mediocrity of others doesn't validate your lack of self-respect or will to working towards self-improvement, fuckhead.

Holy shit some madman actually gave good advice on Sup Forums.biz

You're still a social outcast browsing Sup Forums.

I'm okay with that.

Death Grips, dude! You'll be sure to impress her!

Sounds like you should get into some spiritual shit or self-help shit. Look up Leo Gura on youtube, maybe. He seems to talk bullshit from time to time but helped me out a lot.

Do you talk the way you type? If so, work on your speaking skills and don't worry about music. Just pretend to enjoy what she shows you.

i dont think he is really being a fedora.
this man is not pretentious or anything,he just seems devoid of desire for life

what are your interests OP?

I somewhat sympathize with you,and am curious what kind person you are

just say 21 stone pilots or whatever that dumbass shit people listen to now a days is.

The worst thing you can do on a date is lie. Just say you like classical and stick with it.

Pull out this record and make the bitch wet nigga
youtube.com/watch?v=Q7EGWwQwYgE

Also have you tried misantrophy and uncontrollable aggresion? You will be moving in a horrible direction but atleast you will be moving instead of beeing a melancholich stoic depressed cunt.

you might like this

youtube.com/watch?v=XyY7Yvx2PYA

>Art History
only art degree worth a damn desu

Sex sucks without an emotional attachment to the person friendo. Your goal shouldn't be sex. It should be to have a meaningful relationship with someone so you can learn how to be a less shit person and help the other person do the same. Sex is one of the small perks. Once you're dating someone sex isn't all that great. You only miss it once you're not having it anymore.

>engineer
aren't you people gay? or maybe the gril has digg

what is pic supposed to be?

sorry posted by accident

it's the meblourne /fa/ meetup shit or whatever

>majoring in contemporary music studies

What in the hell kind of useless degree is this?

op is obviously trolling lol
yr all gullible as hell

Sure.
I can't, still don't understand Euler-Riemann Zeta function.
I did therapy most of my life, this is me already "fixed".
Songs with lyrics are distracting, the lyrics get stuck in my mind in place of the theorems and proofs I should be learning, but I'll check it out.
Yes.
You don't know that for sure.
I'm not asian but I used to watch anime all day when I was a teenager.
No. At least not yet.
You can be better at any number of things, but I'm not sure how can a human being be better at being a human than another. Is the criteria reproduction?
I'm a Roman Catholic, I attend church once a week with my family. I'll check the guy you mentioned later.
I try to mimic the way other people talk in terms of intonation and slang usage, but it comes of as awkward. .
>he just seems devoid of desire for life
this
I lift, read books on philosophy and history of science and study for math exams. I try to avoid masturbation. I browse Sup Forums on occasion, mostly /sci/ and Sup Forums. I used to be on Sup Forums and /tg/ alot in the past, not so much anymore.
They tried to put me on antidepressants when I pulled such stunts once, but I refused claiming that Jesus was the only medicine I needed. I knew my family would support me on this one. I don't even believe in God, I'm what they call a ritual atheist, I just didn't want to be hooked on meds.
I don't know how to connect meaningfully with other people. The girls I date seem to be satisfied with casual flings. Anything more than that involves we getting to know each others family and lots of weird expectations about the future.
There's one of those freaks in one of my classes, but he is ugly as fuck. Even if he wasn't, the thought of having sex with another man disgusts me. There aren't as many gay engineers as the memes would lead you to believe.

you will never understand the zeta function taking an engineering course

>one of those freaks
Not sure you have much reason to be judging us when you're essentially a waste of resources yourself.

Wyald did nothing wrong

I love the album, but Hospice looks so out of place on that list. I suppose the Money Store does too

>Going into university
>Love art history and [spoiler]modern art[/spoiler] + architecture in particular
>Worried that it'll make me unemployable

Is there hope?

you sound like the person i imagine myself as ideally,i mean as in the activities you do.

i dont think im as much an autist as you,but i cant find a hard basis for my life and goals.
even when i make goals and strive for something i end up giving up,my mindset changes too easily,cant get myself into any kind of order,ive conditioned myself into being a lazy useless NEET over the years. i just browse the internet masturbating , playing vidya and watching youtube videos.

you on the other hand seem to have some control over your life,what are your aspirations op?

what keeps you driven?
just the conditioned behaviour not to be useless like i described myself?

If she eats ice cream everyday, why the fuck would the other bitch decide now was the time to ask why she's eating it

H-holy shit
A-are you my twin brother?

Just tell her the truth and ask for recs you fuckin waste of sperm. Christ, imbeciles like you annoy me so much.