How do people think this album is 10/10? I mean, it's good and all, but not THAT good

How do people think this album is 10/10? I mean, it's good and all, but not THAT good.

never heard it or any belle and sebastian

nice contribution

Why not?

thanks
dunno, is it like the shins?

listen to If You're Feeling Sinister first, it's a 10/10 album

>is it like the shins?

how about you just fucking listen to it, human trash

kinda
less cheesy tho

Anyone can enjoy it, but only its targeted audience can really experience its true glory.

It's aimed at 20 something people who aren't really content with their life... however they realize their time for being rebellious is gone and they should just accept their boring fate while thinking about what could've been if they were more like those other kids who were more willing to take risks... Really it's for boring people who feel like they had more to offer in their younger years than they did.

Kinda similar to how not many people here really appreciate Pulp's 'This is hardcore'... I doubt you can really feel like it's a 9+ album unless you were hit by the realization that your time is starting to run out.

>Really it's for boring people who feel like they had more to offer in their younger years than they did.
After rereading this it kinda sounds like I wanted to insult this kind of listener... just wanted to point out that it wasn't my intention, really, although I stand by this 'theory'

i love this album since i was 16

I got a similar impression, but there's a lot of albums that Sup Forums jacks off to that I don't think are 10/10. Everybody has their own taste.

Its really fucking good OP, you just are not gay enouth

I like this description. It is an album full of general malaise and tame problems, but it's really sad at the same time because it's so nostalgic for the past and so fed up with the future that it isn't even mentioned. It's just current bougie problems played like throwback, comfy kids songs

because people have different opinions than you

It was my least favourite of the classic B&S albums until I heard the Bataclan version. Now I love this album.

I do think Tigermilk is the better album though.

>Bataclan version
link? can't find it

still can't get into tigermilk, expectations is a good song though

Sorry dude, Barbican.

It's on soulseek, it was on KAT a while ago... maybe it's on one of the mirrors? I'd upload it myself but I'm not near my music collection.

no fucking shit, dude! Thanks for informing me! I had no fucking idea, you know? I just went around life thinking 'oh look, there's another person who's basically just me'! This has really changed the way I see the world, so thanks a fucking bunch, man! I don't even know how I lived the last 25 years of my life thinking everyone liked exactly what I liked to the exact same degree, and disliked exactly what I disliked to the exact same degree! Wow, man!

it's so nostalgic for the past and so fed up with the future that it isn't even mentioned

Yeah, also this. And it sounds even more melancholic because Stuart doesn't even tell the stories of most of these songs in first person, so it sounds like he doesn't really have much to miss from the past, yet somehow he's nostalgic about it.

>still can't get into tigermilk, expectations is a good song though
They were experimenting a lot on Tigermilk, and I don't mean it like they were trying to pull off something never seen before, but tracks are so different from each other that it really takes some time to get into the overall 'rhythm' of the album.
It's really more of a grower album... at least it was for me

I found the album kind of meh the first time I heard it but I watched the documentary p4k did on it and something just clicked for me.