This is miles better than anything else from the english prog scene...

This is miles better than anything else from the english prog scene. This comes closer to Davis and Coltrane than fucking Yes and Genesis

it's good but Leg End is better

ok piero

ahem

it's pretty good. Facelift is a fucking mess, the Ratledge compositions are decent jazz fusion with some great moments and Moon in June is wonderful

>doesn't like facelift
>likes moon in June
Slay yourself my dude

Ratledge's opening solo and the second half are good, but the tape editing and stuff at the beginning is amateurish. Wyatt is also the most interesting and talented member of Soft Machine, and I like the first two albums a lot more

The definition of wank.

Moon in June is pretty overrated imo, the part with vocals is decent but seems too easygoing compared to fucking Facelift. Out bloody rageous is probably my favorite song though, those harmonies at the end and the minimalism shit is too good for words

when does something cease to be good and becomes wank?

I'm guessing your knowledge of the english prog scene is not very comprehensive.

Am I right?

No you aren't actually

>This comes closer to Davis and Coltrane than fucking Yes and Genesis
maybe because its closer to jazz than prog

piero loves yes

I meant quality wise as well

im going to go out on a limb and say that he is tho

otherwise prove it faget

id say peak yes rivals soft machine, but opinions i guess

Honestly Soft Machine/Wyatt are a legit crowning achivement of that scene, let's not kid ourselves here. Willing to consider other bands you don't dare bringing up despite your insult.

the jazz doesn't hold a candle to Bitches Brew, In a Silent Way, or any of Coltrane's best

What do you want me to say? Favorite VDGG album? Favorite ELP? Favorite post-Gabriel genesis?

Maybe not but it's still way beyond basically all other English prog

if you think Third is the best evar (which believe me is already quite laughable) post runner ups so we can all laugh at how shit your taste is

Ctte, TLLDOB, SEBTP, AHM, DSOTM, Pawn Hearts

Oh and Red also

looooool
>dsotm
>no gong
>no elp
>no national health
>2x genesis
>2x floyds
pretty fucking uncomprehensive senpai you've got work to do

I would rather have the unique sounds Yes, King Crimson, Pink Floyd, Henry Cow, Egg, Hatfield, and early Soft Machine than decent jazz fusion with some Zappa and Terry Riley thrown in.

>no ELP
They're shit and you know it.

the only good thing ELP did was tarkus

>Tarkus is shit
cmon m9 you like ctte

BSS is decent, rest is shit. anyone flaming me for putting dsotm and not elp on my list should reevaluate their life

>BSS
The only decent song in that album is "Still...You Turn Me On"

Terrible bait

im fucking speechless, suffice it to say that you should kill yourself immediately

Moon in June is easily the best track lol

I love your energy

>this comes closer to Davis, Coltrane, the list could go on

Slightly All the Time is the best song desu

No facelift is