Dutchbros what the fuck is this

Dutchbros what the fuck is this

Nothing triggers me more than languages that count diglyphs as a single letter.

I don't like consonant clusters, but the solution isn't to pretend that they are one symbol.

In our defence, most people write it as a single symbol.

then just replace it with Ÿÿ or at least Ýý

shut the fuck up schlomo

THIS i never understood why we write it seperately on the internet, dutch people are so stupid

shut the fuck up mohammed

it is an IJ

Diacritics >>> Diglyphs

do you speak jiddisch?

ÿ>ij

No, I don't speak German.

hoorndrager

If your language has more or less than 26 letters it's not a real language

>don't even have their own language
ETERNALLY KEKED

vloerduyve

English honestly should have more, sh, th, and ch for example should all have their own letters. Th should have two seeing as how it represents two different sounds.

There's 24 consonant sounds and as many as 21 vowel sounds depending on what variety of English you speak, so ideally there'd be 45 letters that would see varying use depending on the variety of English spoken.

IJ is not 1 letter bro

but we do capitalize both

iceland = IJsland

polyglyphs > diacritics

we could do with just 23 letters or fewer because we use a shittone of polyglyphs

>polyglyphs

ÿ looks wrong. That doesn't look like the dots belong on the i and the j. and because of knowing german it makes a weird "oo" sound in my head, like an ümlauted y

ij when in handwriting is written as one letter tho

>handwriting

welcome to the future man. people type

though I would like a keyboard with a designated IJ button like old typewriters used to have

i like this one

Then Ýý, or even go nuts with something like Y̊ẙ or Ỹỹ

or you know an ''ei'' like the germans

dutch people don't care about aesthetics, it's never going to be changed

that explains the flag

>tfw when we used to have the goat tricolor

It would be so recognizable. I don't think any other serious country has orange in their flag.

THIS

IT WOULD BE RECOGNISABLE IF NOT EVERY FUCKING COUNTRY ON EARTH STOLE OR DESIGN AND COLOURS

this.

>first tricolor

>first use of red white and blue

we were first

the red white and blue design is older too btw

new Dutch conventions:
mij -> mÿe, wij -> wÿe
ou, etc. -> au
oe, etc. -> uu...
other than that, ij -> ÿ.
For example:

Puusje mau, kom eens gau,
ik heb lekkere melk voor jau!
En voor mÿe rÿstebrÿ.
O, wat heerlÿk smullen wÿe!

Hondje blaf, waf, waf, waf,
blÿf jÿe van mÿn lekkers af.
Deze kuuk is van mÿe.
En voor jau is er ook wat bÿ.

Kipje tok, tok, tok, tok,
kom eens in mÿn kippenhok.
Leg voor mÿe 'n lekker ei.
O, wat heerlÿk smullen wÿe!

Not gonna lie, that looks pretty gud

that looks more aesthetic im my uneducated opinion

t. non-dutch speaker

we already have uu and that makes a different sound

and i think ij is > a e s t h e t i c

you are right about ou and au

why would mij and wij be different from the other ij's? it's the same sound

appendix:

we could also just use the y instead of ij, afrikaans does that and it looks cool

Wat verrassend hierby mag wees is dat die syfer van swart Afrikaanssprekendes gestyg het van omtrent 0,24 miljoen in 2007 tot 0,29 miljoen in 2010. As redes daarvoor word onder meer die bevolkingsgroei in Namibië asook in die Vrystaat en die noordelike deel van Suid-Afrika vermoed waar Afrikaans die meesgebruikte taal onder werkers in die landbou is wat sodoende die taal ook by die huis gebruik.

hmmmmmmmmmmm i wonder why afrikaans does it hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

mong

>Jidysz
>Tsch = polish cz = czech č
Your people used to use QUADGRAPHS, its even more retarded than polish cz sz dz dź dż dz ch and rz.

Don't you already use y for a different sound?

>your people

excuse me but Hebrew has no polygraphs and Yiddish (which I don't speak) only has two digraphs

only in loan words and there it makes existing sounds (j and ie)

yoghurt is the only word i can think of from the top of my head

then I take back my suggestion of using ÿ or ý. Just use y

So plz tell me how did Jews write polish cz sound?

>triggered by languages
are you also triggered by grass that grows too slow?

Doesn't occur naturally in Hebrew. In loan words we use the letter צ (equivalent to Polish c) with an apostrophe

צ'רצ'יל - Churchil

Oh apparently Yiddish did have diglyphs and even triglyphs, but it's just a meme-dialect of German so I don't care.

you mean וי and יי?
I actually speak Yiddish, and as far as using way too many characters to represent simple sounds it's definitely up there (albeit being very logical).

For example, in Yiddish the sound /ʒ/ would be written as zsh.
the sound of the letter g (/dʒ/) would be dzsh.

The polish cz sound is written as tsh, and some of the original Yiddish spellings have been preserved in modern Hebrew (i.e. טשרניחובסקי).

We should still have Þ and æ, desu

אני לא ממש מחשיב את טש או תש בתור דיגליף כי גם אם אתה קורא את כל אחת המאותיות בנפרד אז עדיין יווצר הצליל, זה לא כמו
TH
באנגלית, או כל הדברים המוזרים בפולנית

הבנתי, הגיוני סה"כ (אולי אפילו יותר מצ', למרות שאני עדיין לא סובל צירופי אותיות כאלה).
אבל אף אחד לא יכול לשכנע אותי שיש הגיון כלשהו בלכתוב משהו כמו "ניו דזשערזי". יידיש שפה די נוראית בקטע הזה.

זה נראה כאילו האורטוגרפיה מבוססת ברמה מסויימת על פולנית, אבל למה לעזאזל לבסס משהו על אורטוגרפיה כל כך גרועה כמו של פולנית?!

רופולפילויננ אנרט וגרפירופה כל

Waat

>Th should have two letters

A single þ will do as we don't disguish the differences between a voiced ð and an unvoiced þ sound.

Take for example; mother
It uses a ð sound. But if you use it with a þ sound, it won't make any difference in meaning, it'll just sound weird is all

While in Icelandic, if you use the wrong dental fricative in a word, it'll potentially be a whole different word. Which is why they would need two distinguishing letters ð þ.

Although in english, having a þ letter would be pretty cool looking it won't necessarily be needed because if you see a Th in a word, it'll always make a dental fricative sound of the two. Unless it's in a name maybe.

I new two separate unrelated guys with the name brotham.
One said it like brot-ham. While the other said it like broþam.
That's the only reason i can think we'd need a Þþ letter.