no

R00d
Mega r00d

wtf, why is it daR00DE

>serv

You seem to not care about your country

I do, but if I die, there are not many intellectuals who could replace me

Ah I see

Please stop shitposting about my country. It's a nice place and the the people who live here are good folks, and there's really no reason to turn it into a meme.

>Would you die for Serbia?

Wtf Serbia's coat of arms literally comes from a guy who killed his father to have power, and pretended being the «Emperor of the serbs and the greeks»

Polish Soldiers. Actually we were pro-Serbian during balkan war. Polish football hoolings fought on Bosniak terroties and had been organizing pro-Serbian marches.

It doesn't have literally anything to do with Emperor Stefan Dušan

>It's a nice place and the the people who live here are good folks

no but croatia

>Poles literally take part in Serbian Revolution
>Poles have great influence on Serbian political programs
>nobody remembers it now

It has nothing to do with our Emperor, and his father deserved it. His punishment for it is dying young and not getting cannonised.

There is not a single proof that he killed his father - the first such story originates from a Bulgarian monk 70 years after the death of Stephen Uroš III. Stephen Dušan was not cannonised because he was excommunicated by the Constantinopolitan patriarch, not because of anyone's death

No
I am Greek

if you guys cared about the present as much as you care about history maybe your country wouldnt be a poor corrupt shithole

Hi Giorgi Georgadze Giorgishvili

So how does it come you have a Byzantine eagle on your national flag ?

I mean, even my country doesn't have a Roman coat of arms on his national flag.

>American doesn't care about history because cunt hasn't got any.
How surpraising...

Aбe

no i rather die for mother bulgaria

hello tonibler

The only reason why you see any care about Serbian history on this board is that I'm a historian.

New Balkanic countries of the 19th century sought to connect with their perceived medieval legacy. As Serbia was a part of the Byzantine "cultural circle", the two-headed eagle was one of the most common symbols that were used, so the Serbs of the 19th century thought that it must've been the coat of arms of medieval Serbia. You know, people of the 19th century weren't really aware of anachronisms.

The Byzantine empire was powerful and culturally influential, and it's no surprise that the various medieval Orthodox Slavic polities organized themselves on the Greek model.

lol nah
Id die for Sabrinah though

bolan pls

>dis nigga

nemanjici su koristili dvoglavog orla kao porodicni grb, doduse ne znam da li je to bio jedini heraldicki znak u njih ali imas spise mletackih trgovaca koji to spominju usput

;_; Weren't we supposed to be greatest allies?

So the two-headed eagle wasn't on the coat of arms of serbian Empire; or if this eagle is here, this is not only because of Stefan Dusan ?

Ima o tome dobro objašnjeno još kod Konstantina Jirečeka, ne postoje heraldički grbovi u srednjovekovnim srpskim zemljama, kao i bilo gde u onome što je Obolenski nazvao "vizantijskim komonveltom" (mada je ovaj termin danas ispao iz mode). Skoro svi dosad pronađeni porodični grbovi su dosad dokazani falsifikati, izuzetno je mali broj izuzetaka (Balšići, ali obrati pažnju da su oni u Zeti pod italijanskim uticajima). To što putopisci pišu nema mnogo veze sa životom, tako se nekad pogrešno verovalo da su Mehmed-paša Sokolović i patrijarh Makarije nekakvi rođaci, čak i braća, jer je jedan Nemac to pogrešno zabeležio.

nie

What you said is somewhat true, but you 'first-world' country lads always overexaggerate how much of a shithole are Eastern European countries. It's not as rich as your own, but we're miles ahead of most of Africa, Asia and S. America.

There was no such thing as Serbian national coat of arms, at least as much as we know today. Serbian noble families also usually didn't have any coat of arms, much like the Byzantine ones. As far as I know, the earliest known depiction of the two-headed eagle in Serbian lands is from the late 11th century.

lol i guess so man, i guess so

10,484 was not enough.

is serbia richer than mine? do you think serbia richer than any asian county?

They did do you good job knocking out that billion dollar meme jet of yours....bet that hurt the chief of command's feelings hard that time.

hue

I would only die for my own country or Britain

hi Geraldo

kako se tacno dokazuje da je grb falsifikovan? kako ja razumem srednjevekovna arheologoija u srbiji je vrlo slabo razvijena (npr. nedostatak iskopina u starom Rasu) te se materijalna kultura perioda uglavnom proucava na osnovu crkvenih i manastirskih riznica i arhiva, za koje se istorijski cesto desavalo da budu opljackane i li da im se sadrzaji premestaju u druge manastirske riznice

zanima me i sta je sprecavalo pojavu heraldike u srbiji, bugarskoj i sl. kada su je franci doneli u samu grcku sa uspostavljanjem frankokratije

Only if they fought against their Satanic overlords in Moscow.

>or Britain

cuck

>kako se tacno dokazuje da je grb falsifikovan?
Komplikovana je priča, heraldika je čitava nauka, Obično je falsifikovani grb rađen po modelu nekog drugog, tako je don Pedro Ohmućević sastavio grbovnik srpskih porodica po zapadnim modelima. Neki put je dovoljno da vidiš pečate porodice čiji je navodno grb, i da zaključiš da takvog čega nema.

>kako ja razumem srednjevekovna arheologoija u srbiji je vrlo slabo razvijena (npr. nedostatak iskopina u starom Rasu)
Ne baš, arheološke iskopine nisu velike, uglavnom jer uloženi novac ode u pogrešne džepove, ali srpska arheologija je prilično razvijena. Pogledaj natpis na Smederevu, videćeš da tamo nema nikakvog grba sem jednog krsta. Ako bi negde trebalo da je grb, to je upravo onde.

>te se materijalna kultura perioda uglavnom proucava na osnovu crkvenih i manastirskih riznica i arhiva
Ne baš, ali donekle da. Arhivi čuvaju uglavnom različite pravne isprave, ali se grbovi obično koriste na pečatima (to proučava nauka sigilografija).

>za koje se istorijski cesto desavalo da budu opljackane i li da im se sadrzaji premestaju u druge manastirske riznice
Naravno, ali ostao je i ogroman broj natpisa, zapisa, i drugih izvora, i svi su nedvosmisleno bez heraldičkih znamenja.

>zanima me i sta je sprecavalo pojavu heraldike u srbiji, bugarskoj i sl. kada su je franci doneli u samu grcku sa uspostavljanjem frankokratije
Heraldika je pre svega "zapadni" fenomen. Dokle dopire dominantni zapadni uticaj (u našem slučaju Bosna i Zeta), dotle ide i heraldika. Tako je i sa tvorevinama frangokratije, gde je jednostavno došlo sa identifikacijom sa vladajućom klasom, te je i grčka elita počela da preuzima taj kulturni obrazac. Srbi jednostavno nisu videli svrhu toga, isto kao i Vizantinci i Bugari.

Ovo je sada /ex-yu/

>miles ahead of MOST of Asia

Singapore, Taiwan, Japan and S. Korea aren't representative of the whole picture of Asia.

I will kill for Serbia.

Fuck no I wouldn't even die for my own country

China has higher GDP per capita than you.

Nope.
FOR GREATER TEPELENA YES!

It does, yes.

Money isn't everything, I still would stay and live here where I feel safe and the society is pleasant than go to that soulless country in which no one respects anyone.

All Serbs I have known were decent, hospitable people. In fact the best organic chemist I know, a natural talent for whom reaction mechanistics is like his mother-language and all-over very intelligent man, to whom I am proud to be a personal friend of, is from Belgrade.

And they make great movies too.

I hope you are not in UC.

You mean the one that malfunctioned?

Thanks for the kind words Belgbro. We have a lot of good chemists due to the fact that we had a quite extensive chemical industry. My father for example is a Chemical Engineer.

As for movies, yeah, they're great. Overly gritty though, but there's always cynicism and sarcasm in them which is great, that's the kind of humor that appeals to us.

Yes, and I am of croatian descent.

There are many good Serbian actors, next to Nikola Kojo I can readily name Lazar Ristovski, Bata Stojkovic, Aleksandar Bercek. Indeed the humor is very good. I really loved Balkanski Spijun for example.

pic related is my collection of favorite Balkan movies, 3/4 are SerbianYugoslavian

I would, IF it was close and only if they were fighting against Muslims. I have no desire to fight against fellow Christians, much less Catholics.

>Kosowar
>mfw

>Serbs
>Catholics

You got it all wrong. They are orthodox fuckers

>Nice, pleasant and moderate Serbs ITT
Oh wow. I guess I'll say I love your country. Very nice, affordable, hospitable, good food, etc. 10/10 would visit again

It's an Albanian movie.

imdb.com/title/tt4305206/

rated for hajgare.

no, sorry

Serbians are OK tier. Nothing against you desu.
youtube.com/watch?v=FTtWqwD_iEY

I'de just die

idk should i ?

Wow rude

jebem li ti mater Tursku

>miles ahead.
You're roughly equal to the average LatAm country.

I would do lewd things to a Serbian.

sure thing, join us :DD

Id die for kosovo

yes

Faggot