All hail The Knopf

Santana up to '75
John McLaughlin
Hendrix
Django
Grant Green
Robert Johnson
Derek Bailey

Michael fucking Schenker. Easily one of my favorites, and never talked about on Sup Forums

Clapman

Who is this?

>muh blues pentatonics

what a guy

Sup Forumsbabbies will deny this

THE goat, Jason Becker.

sorry, I didn't realize you don't like rock or blues music. Who are your favorite guitarists?

youtube.com/watch?v=uidOHd93LYE

courtney love i think

I do. It's mostly all I listen to, but these """greats""" like Clapton and Page and others literally got famous for playing the same scale over and over.

You can play the same scale many different ways.

Jimi Hendrix: initial electric guitar + blues optimization
Django Reinhardt: Jazz guitar genius with techniques still used today by jazz and non- jazz artists
Glenn Branca: king of using prepared guitars and textured noise rock style guitar playing
Robert Fripp: Frippertronics
John Fahey: Combining various influences to make contemporary folk guitar interesting
Andres Segovia: THE man when it comes to classical guitar giving the guitar a different purpose in classical music.

There are a lot of metal guitarists I would include, too, based on fantastic riff work on certain albums, but that's not consistent enough (ex. Trey Azagthoth on Morbid Angel's first two albums being top tier guitar work while their last two albums being below bottom tier guitar work.)

It sounds like you haven't listened to them very much if you don't hear what makes them great

youtube.com/watch?v=-yPEewaalik

For me it's Junior Kimbrough or Neil Hagerty

I didnt know Seinfeld played guitar

poor mans justin trosper

These guys did more with a G major/E minor blues pentatonic scale than most "guitar virtuosos" do with every scale/mode given to them. It's not just variety in pitch (which was NEVER the thing in blues to begin with), but rhythm, timber, types of chords, ect.

Ernie Isley deserves a mention

Not really

sure it's dadrock in here

Because the last 10-015 years have been great for the guitar?

Sup Forums doesn't know shit about music

test

Yeah we should post some modern indie guys who can barely play at all

Is there even a question ?

JOHNNY MARR

I can tell you don't know much about music

2 of them in 1 pic
Guitar as weapon

Terry fuckin' Kath

That's John Fahey, right? I'm listening to Voice of the Turtle right now; good shit.

Yes it is
>tfw wanna buy John Fahey vinyls
>no record player

The right answer

He's the sole reason I bought a white Gibson V back in '08. Still the best sounding guitar I own.