Does this album have any deeper and substantial meaning than "lol Bush is a baddie xDDD"?

Does this album have any deeper and substantial meaning than "lol Bush is a baddie xDDD"?

No.

Bush was a "baddie" though

isn't it also about "i'm adolescent and wanna leave my boring suburban home, and just live life"?

This is the gayes fucking album ever

>it´s a fucking retarded teenagers are judging war soldiers and politicians while never having any part in the responsibilities of national defense or offense themselves
i dont think green day´s worth listening to if you care about politics. same goes for EDM retards who say anything about trump coz they wanna look like childish rebels who resist authority to get brave underdog points.

>Sup Forums will deny this

Pol actually hates Bush. He is a cuckservative to them. Bush is a baddie, though.

Gayer than Suede?

Unfortunately, no. It's full of dumb lyrics over dumb music made by three dumb guys.

He bombed pakis. How could they hate Bush?

you might as well be posting CCR and complaining about muh nam.

American Idiot is a great pop album and hugely important for being one of the only mainstream albums in it's era that was critical of bush and the iraq war, something that at the time was not so mainstream as it is today, and something that you guys dumbly think doesn't matter despite the war now being recognized as a huge failure.

It's objectively one of the greatest political album ever made. It effectively got young people to care about these issues.

Honestly, American Idiot was a fairly good album. It was certainly better than that trilogy of shit, Uno Dos Tres.

It's worse when you realize it was written by men in their 30s.

>It's objectively one of the greatest political album ever made.

oh shut up already

>"lol Bush is a baddie xDDD"
That's just the first song.

i remember that album having like 1 or 2 political songs at most, why is that all anyone ever talks about? I'm not even a fan, but it seems like I heard a different album than everyone else.

Meh, I don't hate on them for that. They knew what would get them the big bucks

Bush inspired some pretty cool songs to be honest.

Easily one of the GOAT mainstream pop albums of the 2000's.

Only retards who have never listened to the full album would think this. Literally only 2 songs on the album are political.

Al stretched himself thin doing the same "Bush sucks" album more than twice.

Still shit

But how do you know if you've never listened to it? Or do you only hate it because reddit told you to?

a thousand times better than Obongo

I bet people wish we still had Bush

>inb4 everyone ignores OP and goes full retard on politics

>calls him Obongo
>expects to be taken seriously

I've listened to it. Absolute shit compared to their earlier music

Reminder that hating American Idiot is about as Reddit as you can get.

>muh real punk
>muh dookie

That's exactly what someone who browses r/music would say. You need to go back.

Never been there. Sounds like they have good taste though

You should go and stay there.

As someone famous one said...

Gotta remember one thing dude: Most of Sup Forums and Sup Forums in general was 6-8 years old when this album came out. '9/11 changed everything' isn't just a meme, it's pretty solid for dividing line/s between ideological groups.

Green Day is shit.

Class dismissed.

This, you fucking idiots.

lol ok

And sent thousands of American citizens to die and poured millions of tax dollars in

>It's objectively one of the greatest political album ever made. It effectively got young people to care about these issues.
STOP USING THE WORD OBJECTIVELY IF YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I'll say this. I'm a fag for green day (>inb4 go listen to real punk), and I've listened to this album extensively. There is a much broader meaning in this album, that has many more mechanisms than demonizing George bush. Actually George Doubleyuh isn't even the main point. Anyways, I'm going to not explain all that shit, because people who think that it's all about g.b. are ignorant and have already made up their mind about the album, so I know it's not even worth it.

Are you the same retard that made that "Green Day isn't pop punk" thread yesterday and spent half the day commenting to people on it?

Yes.

>sent thousands of American citizens

That was their choice. There was no draft.

It sucks that people die, but it isn't like anyone is forcing them to enlist.

>And sent thousands of American citizens to die
bush was pretty based

maybe you should actually listen to the album before you assume its all anti-bush

Maybe you can learn how to differentiate between "its" and "it's"

its a shit album

>caring about grammar on Sup Forums
you obviously understood what he meant, quit being a cunt

its all good, man

You can listen to it in a political sense and get nowhere, or listen to it in the "i wanna leave my hometown and go to the big city" meaning and it is a lot more enjoyable

Fucking amazing that anyone can take that lightweight stuff seriously.

Except the only songs that are political on this album is the title track and Holiday, the rest of the album is about being bored with suburban life and then going to the city and realizing that was a mistake and then going back home. I never understood why people think this a political album.