Post albums that would be good if not for their lyrics

"I'm a straight white male in America . . .I'm a guy getting paid more than a girl with a degree"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=B9X_OhCqrcw
bls.gov/opub/ted/2015/time-spent-working-by-full-and-part-time-status-gender-and-location-in-2014.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=cVaTc15plVs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Their album "people" was interesting and I really enjoyed the cynical lyrics. But after that they just went downhill. Its not even poetic anymore.

But lyrics are literally the whole point of AJJ.

>if i like their music it means the artist is as smart and great as me

nope just normal people with normal people ideas

The lyrics for Big Bird are bretty good m8

It's still great, but the lyrics are just... ugh....
YOU'RE ONE OF THEM

AJJ are much better when they write about anxiety and self-depreciation than when they try to be political

lol yeah, why would you listen to AJJ instrumentals

But that song is funny though.

and when they write about childhood, love, and dreams

In context it isnt cuck tier

THEM

THEM

THEM

THEM

THEM

The funny part is that this shows huge ignorance of the actual issue.

SWINGING MAN
SWINGING MAN
SWINGING MAN

on an unrelated note to to OPs original point
we're all in agreement that pic related is the best ajj album, right?
all the folk-punk fury, none of the sjw politics.

What's the context

Yes this is best than can't maintain than knife man.

But Backpack is there best song.

Some of the songs have pretty good lyrics.
"I always wear a smile, because anything but a smile would make my have to explain, and they wouldn't understand anyway."

Factually he's not wrong

weak b8
save it for pol

"Just like my straight white male dad did to me."
As well as the rest of the album like Big Bird and Distance, could imply hyper sarcasm. But as it turns out they're just pedophile worshiper apologist cucks.

>I HATE WHINY FUCKING SONGS LIKE THIS
>BUT I CAN'T AFFORD A THERAPIST
>SORRY GUYS
>HERE'S A SOLO
>DUURUU DUU DUUUU DURUDU

Incredibly weak bait, holy shit.
You could have dressed that shit up a bit.

Factually he's not. A girl with a degree makes more money than the former social worker turned indie musician.

Big Bird is the only good song on the album, but it's one of my favorite songs of all time.

Sad Songs is a very good country song.

>I can't afford a therapist
>I'm a guy getting paid more than a girl with a degree

What did he mean by this.

I'm a retarded lefty that actually believes in the wage gap myth

i still enjoy the majority of the album but
>THE GREY AND PLASTIC RETARDS ARE FLOATING IN CIRCLES
i want to understand

If he's got all these advantages, why isn't he happy?
That's the point

songs with good to great lyrics on that album:

the michael jordan of drunk driving
back pack
distance
fucc the devil
hate, rain on me
if you have love in your heart
no one
sad songs
zombie by the cramberries by ajj
people ii 2
sorry bro
free bird
big bird

Daily reminder that the wage gap is real.

It goes away after you adjust for a million factors, but some of those factors for adjustment are morally dubious.

For example, one of the factors is lack of paid maternal leave. Another one is womens' lack of ambition in the job market. Another one is Women getting different jobs.

All three of these things lead to rabbit holes when you look into the scientific literature on the subject. There is no real scientific consensus on what we should do or whether we should do anything.

So using them for adjustment is dubious.

Fuck the wage gap myth

My kinda teamleder at work is a technician at my work on weekends and runs a company on work days.

Working weekends as a technician should make him mad money. Add to that running an own fucking company. There's probably not a single woman in my country that does that but among men this guy is not unique

>tfw this was their only good release but it was 10/10

youtube.com/watch?v=B9X_OhCqrcw

Its not about your anecdotes. Its about an evaluation of scientific studies which conclude that there is a wage gap in the raw data. With this raw data, there are several adjustments that have to be made. It seems for Sup Forums, the necessary adjustments are "adjust for everything" even when it is not quite clear if it helps clarify the situation or provide insights to the truth.

Of course, liberals don't actually look at studies either, but for economists, the wage gap is a consensus non-myth. Also in terms of hours, its a wage gap, not salary gap. I'm not trying to be a "le conservative boogeyman" poster. I'm trying to speak as someone who is a scientist and follows economics closely.

Also my aunt did that running a pharmacy and managing another store. Literally insane workload. Anecdotes aside, yes women work less hours than men. bls.gov/opub/ted/2015/time-spent-working-by-full-and-part-time-status-gender-and-location-in-2014.htm

This fact is something that is already taken to account in the 78 cents number. Either way, this is something that has been looked at separately and doesn't have real solid results either way. Needs more studying.

>women seek out more comfortable work and less hour but they should be paid the same
Yea that's great man we should have the same salaries for nurses and NASA employees.

American Tune is pretty much the only example of that though

>for every dollar that a man makes
>a woman makes 78 cents
>leaving the man with only 22 cents

He's got a single mother and wouldn't find it hard to make another single mother. That is not what cuck means.

The question with regards to that is whether there are societal barriers making women go one way or the other. Studies on this are inconclusive. Most say yes, but it seems the strength of the barrier is most debatable.

>Studies on this are inconclusive. Most say yes
No

youtube.com/watch?v=cVaTc15plVs