Perso-Arabic calligraphy

Picking up where I left off from last night. Post a name, I'll make it pretty.

Bump. I got requests faster than I could handle them last night, and now there's none. o_o

Yarrak Hasan. thx

Donald Trump

Vasily and Jordyn side by side.

Uzair Abbas

can i email you my name, and you respond?

فيزان صديقي

Thank you and Jummah Mubarak

Done!

Queue:
Donald Trump
Vasily, Jordyn
Uzair Abbas
فيزان صديقي

cool ty

This is a super request, and only do it if you have time or want to, but could you do one of محمد عمرفيزان صديقي together as well? Would be cool if you can do it like on top of each other, or whatever you think looks cool

If you do this, I will forever be in your debt my brother

Thanks so much man.

but even if you just do فيزان صديقي, you are already so great

Thank you brother, in advance
I know a lot of people who would pay to get this stuff done, and your style is really good

Done.

Queue:
Vasily, Jordyn
Uzair Abbas
فيزان صديقي
محمد عمرفيزان صديقي

Thanks! Ordinarily, I wouldn't be able to do these so quickly, but there's some calligraphy software that helps with choosing letter shapes and whatnot. You still have to make manual adjustments (add kashida, adjust i'jam, choose pleasing alignments, etc) but it saves some time.

yo thanks

Done. "Vasily" is on top.

Queue:
Uzair Abbas
فيزان صديقي
محمد عمرفيزان صديقي

Thanks so much man. My girlfriend will love this.

Requesting Zac

Bani Rus el Chamali.
For a book and i would like to have some illustrations. Thanks a lot. Good work!

can you do julien pls

Done.

Queue:
فيزان صديقي
محمد عمرفيزان صديقي
Zac
Bani Rus el Chamali
Julien

For the record, the ones I've done in this thread are all thuluth style. I might do some in other styles too (e.g. nastaliq, diwani).

shukraan, friend

I tried a few style for this one. Here is a nice nastaliq.

Queue:
محمد عمرفيزان صديقي
Zac
Bani Rus el Chamali
Julien

Nice, that one is pretty cool, thank you very much

Is it possible for the next one you do Thuluth?
Both are great though, shukraan brother

Could you do Jafari in the Arabic script?

Heh
Reminds me of this

What do they say

Yup, here it is in thuluth.

Queue:
Zac
Bani Rus el Chamali
Julien
The Donald Trump billboard
Jafari

>girlfriend

Normie twat

>"Donald Trump cannot read this, yet he's still terrified by it."
>"This text serves no other purpose than to terrify those who fear the Arabic language."

hmm
I sense in myself some annoyance over this
Who says anyone is scared of arabic script anyway? If I saw that bag I wouldn't look twice. The big billboard would definitely be a bit weird but this all just seems like snowflakism to some extent.

Not a lot that can be done with three letters, so I went with something simple, yet elegant.

There are people who assume Sikh men are terrorists because they wear turbans. It is, unfortunately, not unreasonable to expect those people to label any Arabic text they see as "terrorist writing".

Queue:
Bani Rus el Chamali
Julien
The Donald Trump billboard
Jafari

Iosif, pls (it's an i)

enjoy, gypsy

Cool. I want to have something more to say but I don't know shit about this anyway.
That last letter looks like isolated rather than final kaf, why is that?

That looks like a kid's doodling made with a sharpie. What an unpleasant sandnigger language.

You don't have to do the billboard bud, I just wanted to post it :)

Omg that is actually amazing, thank you so much man

Done.
Alif doesn't normally connect to the thing following it, so there's nothing for kaf to join to, if that's what you mean.
Oh, haha.

Queue:
Julien
Jafari
Iosif

yeah I guess that's what I mean

Done.
I'm glad you like it!

Queue:
Jafari
Iosif

Done.

Done.

Queue:
Empty!

Thanks, m8

gazimahdi

>pretty
>looks like a terrorist group logo

Hebrew is very beautiful, too. Like it or not, the Hebrew and Arabic languages have a lot in common with each other. ;-)

Hebrew script looks like Arabic upside down

oğuzhan

elbis

eke

Aren't hebrew and arabic really close? I can't tell the difference between their phonetics. They sound the same

Emmet Doyle bls
no frogs this time

Derrick Shitkicker

pls

Perso-Arabic calligraphy is the same as Nastalikh?

Here you go, eastern Kufic style.

As I'm using it, the term encompasses all the styles used for Persian and Arabic, so nastaliq, thuluth, Kufi, naskh, etc. There's actually a really cool style that was invented relatively recently (1995) in Iran called Moalla, which I might try doing in this thread.

OK, thx, I thought about learning Urdu or Persian, but this style "Nastalikh" they use in some media is really difficult for me to decipher, that "Naskh" used in Arabic media is much easier. I know that Naskh is also used by Persians and Pakistanis, for example many of their webpages are in this style, but still you have to deal with Nastalikh texts that are quite aesthetical, but very hard.

And once again my yesterday's advice - think about monetizing this skill, your calligraphy looks fantastic

>Aren't hebrew and arabic really close?
I wouldn't say, Modern Hebrew has really simple phonetics, while Modern Standard Arabic preserved many unique "Semitic" sounds.

Can you please do Botany Bay?

Here.

Nastaliq is beautiful, but tricky to read at first. In Farsi and Urdu media, you'll find that they tend to prefer nastaliq, and in Arabic media, you'll find that they prefer naskh.

For Arabic, nastaliq tends to be used as a decorative thing, not an everyday standard style (like it is for Urdu and Farsi). Most of the other styles are purely decorative today. Thuluth (the style from the OP, and many other images here) is one such style. The goal is to make the reader perceive the text as one solid object, rather than as separate words—that's why so many extra vowel marks and little decorations are added.

>think about monetizing this skill, your calligraphy looks fantastic
I might, though I'm not sure where I'd start. Etsy, maybe?

thanks, but can you do it like this also is the kufic alif purely visual, or is there some some basis for those circles on the alif?

Can you please do نوراه, please? If you have the time of course.

"Samet mit yarak"
Please

Can you do gazimahdi, you missed me :(

>Etsy
Why not? I mean if they don't take any money for starting an account, of course. I don't know, how it works in the USA, but even in a relatively por country like mine there are some possibilities, for example one of my friends restores Gothic manuscripts and incscriptions. She has some formal education in this field (history of art), but even without any degree I would - at least - post some samples on my social media, I would also try to join some society/internet group etc. There are many free options today.

OP is kill?

Emirati Arab, is that you?0

he probably got NSAed

The eastern Kufic style often uses those pretty knotwork patterns. They're purely decorative; you can use them or not.

I do not accept requests from frogs.

I was busy with a sudden project for work that had to be finished quickly.

Last time I checked, I have no ties to the UAE.

Honestly, I'm probably gonna go jack off now, but I'll be back again. If the thread dies, I'll make a new one later, so feel free to resubmit anything I don't get to.

come on, don't ignore me op

What do you use to render these, Kelk? Hemlocksoft's or some other odd khattat?

Christian and Sara please op.

Seriously? Hebrew sounds disgusting.
Arabic is a lot softer and way more diverse.

No, but glad someone here remembers me.

I'm more happy that people appreciate the language.

>looks like a terrorist group logo

that's a weird way to call the Israeli flag :^)

You're based.

Write Roher please.

>language

But thats just the script,no? I mean there are probably some words where you need some vowels from other islamic languages.

>people here asking for their names along with their girlfriends

FUCK OFF NORMIES

Is the written language not part of the language?

>I mean there are probably some words where you need some vowels from other islamic languages.

There may be. But how does that make Arabic any different from the other 8,000 languages? Every language has loanwords.

can you please write "yarak çük sik"

Sylvia Bunga Sekino , please~

bump