What does Sup Forums think about Because the Internet and Childish Gambino in general?

What does Sup Forums think about Because the Internet and Childish Gambino in general?

Other urls found in this thread:

findingdulcinea.com/news/education/2010/march/The-Top-10-Reasons-Students-Cannot-Cite-or-Rely-on-Wikipedia.html
usingsources.fas.harvard.edu/icb/icb.do?keyword=k70847&pageid=icb.page346376
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipedia_is_not_a_reliable_source
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I've never listened to it. I doubt it's as bad as people here make it out to be though. A friend of mine irl is a full blown Gambino stan.

now irrelevant meme rap

Overall contender for shittiest project of the decade

but hey it was the album that initially got me into hip hop

its great. one of my favorite concept albums, i doubt most of the people that shit on it have even heard it and just hate it because "meme rap xDDD"

not really meme rap friend

Childish Gambino is above average rapper (artist?)
Because the Internet is a solid 7/10
Fav tracks are:
>The Worst Guys
>Sweatpants
>Pink Toes

>Gambino
>not really memerap
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

BTI is not meme rap. Camp? yeah, that was meme rap. BTI is not

>tfw you disregard anyone that uses "meme" as an argument
feels good

I don't really care for his other stuff but I really enjoyed Because The Internet. I don't understand why he gets so much shit honestly.

he literally "raps" or spouts corny punchlines about internet memes

a few one liners does not make the entire album meme rap. and if your talking about the song Sweatpants, thats literally the point of the song.

whiny privileged cuck who keeps complaining about how the ghetto keeps pushing him away even tho he's """black""". Literally a corny rip off of yeezy under many aspects, the embodiment of the genre called "meme rap".

thats CAMP! BTI is the album about Isolation and depression, Camp is the one about him not being black enough to fit in. BTI is all about people feeling isolated in the age of the internet, regardless of our connection to more people.

pitchfork bait hip rapper who can't even do that right and is cringey as all hell, he should stick to his comedy which is also shit so I guess he should just fuck off completely

It comes off as artsy and pretentious but it's actually a great album. I just wish he had spent a bit more time perfecting it, but that's just Gambino. Doesn't put enough time into any medium, but he's got talent.

>whiny
>privileged
>cuck
>meme rap
Disregarded because of all those internet idioms.

I liked this album some of the tracks on it are absolute trash but for the most part they are fun and catchy, the story (screenplay) / concept world that comes with the album is pretty funny.

He's not a good rapper but he's not terrible and I enjoy his vocals.

6/10

I hope he does more music, I will check it out even if I think its going to be trash.

Urban outfitters shopping spree shit rap that literally only appeals to 14 year olds who think they are "lol so deep" and way more "WOKE" than everyone else. Only appeals to spoiled children. Both albums are 3/10 being generous. Everyone who listens to this needs to seriously re-evaluate their taste as to not seeing how cheesy this is.

anybody who gets this angry over a hip hop album needs to re-evaluate their lives

What part of what I said would lead you to thinking I was angry lol? Just had to set all the fuckers in this thread defending this guy straight.

the album doesnt appeal to you, thats fine. but to make a claim like

>Everyone who listens to this needs to seriously re-evaluate their taste

thats pretty ridiculous desu

well put user have a upboat couldn't have said it better myself

"Meme raps" ??? Sup Forums really does complain about everything.

>i'm not angry, i'm just angry

meme rap is a subculture of rap, also known as ironic rap. its when a rapper purposefully parodies rap tropes and cliches to the point of being satirical and/or humorous. anybody calling BTI meme rap doesnt know that, and is just calling it meme rap to fit in with the hate train.

You took what I said out of context, i said in terms of how cheesy this is, if they cannot recognize the cheese they should re-evaluate their taste. Are you saying it's NOT cheesy?

So does Eminem qualify as meme rap?

it can be cheesy, particularly on tracks like Sweatpants, but for the most part no i dont think it is.
Are you saying cheesy lyrics decrease the quality of the music itself?

slim shady, yeah.
eminem, eh sometimes

>doesn't know what meme rap is
>makes up a definition for it
>BTI doesn't fit his made up definition
>"anyone who calls it meme rap is just on the hate train"

Lol nicely done user

i'll take "talking out of your ass" for 500 pls

Hey I can read wikipedia too, we all know it's factually correct that's what I love about it!! :)

wikipedia typically is factually correct faggot

For the most part cheesy lyrics can be a huge factor in stopping me from becoming invested in music. Especially in hip hop where there is a HUGE focus on lyricism. Cheesy lyrics are a large part of why Currents got shit on so hard when it came out and like I said, a lot of Gambinos raps sound like "I'm 14 and this is so deep" level shit. You can say this only applies to sweatpants but honestly most of the time when he is rapping about "isolation" and "depression" he sounds like a whiny teen posting annoying "deep" memes on Facebook. His beats are usually good but IMO that can't save him from shit lyrics. It mostly ends up sounding like pandering to edgy teens.

Can someone give a few examples of people who do meme raps? I can't Really think of anyone. All that comes to mind is shitty youtube videos..

yeah cuz there's gonna be a definition for meme rap in the actual dictionary

show me how wikipedia isnt factually correct. are you some old faggot who thinks that people just go on to wikipedia and type "lol this person is a doodoo head" as information? wikipedia is moderated and editted daily

Lil B, Soulja Boy, all of Odd Future, basically any rapper made famous through p4k, some stale 80s rappers like Flava Flav and 90s rappers like Kool Keith.

yih cuz u litrly r a fuck nugget my dude who onlee came here last yer topes elayemoh.

Despite it being meme rap, it's above average and has some good bangers

>yih cuz u litrly r a fuck nugget my dude who onlee came here last yer topes elayemoh.

what did he mean by this?

Cite wikipedia in a research paper, see what response you'll get. Then again you wouldn't know as you're a Middle Schooler. In the Academia wikipedia is the butt of all jokes and is considered for teenagers, which you are so it makes sense you love it.

>b-b-but muh Wikipedia is always right! Lol kys

Ooh, I always just put them in the "pop" category

lol as if wikipedia doesnt cite multiple sources that you can use to further your research. lol as if wikipedia is just randomly editted without citation or further reading

le browser trick xDDDD

That's what every teacher believes.

my teachers told me the reason they didnt like wikipedia is because its not an original source, its the culmination of multiple

Holy shit you actually are a fuck nugget. Proceed to become an hero as soon as possible. Wikipedia is the facebook of Academia.

findingdulcinea.com/news/education/2010/march/The-Top-10-Reasons-Students-Cannot-Cite-or-Rely-on-Wikipedia.html

usingsources.fas.harvard.edu/icb/icb.do?keyword=k70847&pageid=icb.page346376

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipedia_is_not_a_reliable_source

Hahahahaha go to bed kids

Mine just told us everyone in the Internet lies.

>presented with undeniably proof the autist proceeds to resort to name-calling

yeah just ignore the fact that i said this right here

I thought they fixed the whole "anyone can edit it" last time I tried it and my edit was removed within like 30 seconds

they did, the faggot cited an article from 2011 and acted like it was still relevent

Listen here fuck nugget, anybody in STEM knows why wikipedia is shit and if you don't you're either 1. A teenager 2. An artfag 3. Both. You need to grow out of your "intellect" phase as everyone can see how much of a tardo you are.

we're just ignore the fact that what i said and what the "wikipedia is not reliable" article said pretty much lined up perfectly? we're just ignore the fact that i said wikipedia is the culmination of primary sources and not a primary source in and of itself? or are we just gonna keep doing name-calling and acting like it's an argument.

Learn the differnce between an argument and a statement my dude. Wikipedia is not reliable and although it works for your book reports to Ms. Sally it doesn't work in the real World. Though, you'll never have to correctly cite as you'll never be in STEM so you won't see how real research works.

Guys! Stahp. Childish Gambino.

What kind of love is a good song

pls tell me what's the harm in going to wikipedia and using the bibliography to go to more reliable primary sources?

As usually the "citation" is poorly formatted and neither in the Vancouver or Harvard style. Plus, without being to access the source (as many of Wiki's sources are featured on private pay-to-play sites or journals/ books that need to be bought) meaning you won't see exactly what it's referencing only an abstract so you can't verify whether it was cited correctly or not. Oh and anyone with a slight semblance of intellect can recognise when you take a wikipedia "source" and claim it as your own leading to plagiarism claims.

no no no, i meant going to where it cited it from, not stealing its citation. lmao i see where that was confusing!

I just don't think he's good with lyrics, he has a good set up but he doesn't go with it

Dude, he's right. You should just shut up and stop defending some pointless website. I'm in third year engineering and if i ever even went onto a Wikipedia page at any point during research I would more than likely receive a failing grade. Just concede you are being childish.

omfg i'm not saying use wikipedia as a source, i'm saying use the sources that wikipedia provides. learn to read faggot

ITT: angry people

Gambino is solid gateway rap.
Once you listen to more hiphop you realize how shit he is, but most people new to the genre think he's incredible.

not an argument

You're right
You're an idiot

Beautiful translation of a bubble of cyber-society from the mind of an expressive genius into the form of a sonic-soundscape.

10/10

I don't think we're gonna be writing an academic paper about "meme rap" so I think using wikipedia as a basic reference point will suffice

viper

I like the album and especially the production. A friend of mine IRL is a huge Gambino fan, even seeks out the mixtapes and freestlyes.

It's an album about the internet what the fuck was he gonna talk about.

someone please

You just call anything you don't like a meme. That's it. Instead of explaining why you just call it a meme, and argue with the other guy for an hour about why he's so retarded for liking a "Literal meme"

Nothing crazy but I enjoy listening to it from time to time.

good concept. Quality pop rap album tho. Wouldn't have been mad if it won the grammy over mmlp2, even tho i think oxymoron was better.
I enjoyed the kauai album more, and camp was about as good as this album.

see:

used to really enjoy it, probably a 8 or 9 out of 10.

however as I've gotten into hip-hop I like it less and less, probably a 6 or 7 now. he's just not lyrically or technically very good and the production is kind of stale (used to love it). and yeah I know it's a concept album.