Why are Foo Fighters so well praised?

They are generic as fuck and are pretty much Nickelback tier.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/eBG7P-K-r1Y?list=PL0LnWnL-0hb4V4yKkD6C5zbaFrzwRTwSH
youtube.com/watch?v=7wmoAm0b3QY
youtube.com/watch?v=mzEDs5bS-Pk
youtube.com/watch?v=GlwUwMgRd0I
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sup Forums plebs can't answer something as basic as this?

Grohl's connection to Kurt Cobain and Nirvana along with the bullshit MTV era hegemony which the foo fighters benefited from

Fuck you Sup Forums

>Foo Fighters
>praised
>by Sup Forums, or even critics for that matter

Top kek. In all fairness though, they're WAY better than Nickelback and have three solid albums, but yeah, pretty much as radio-friendly corporate sellout as you can get for the most part. It baffles me that they're hailed as the saviors of rock and roll or whatever by casual music fans.

>tfw Foo Fighters is, legitimately, one of my all time favorite bands ever since I got into music, but I can't even mention them on Sup Forums without someone telling me to "go back to r/music/le reddit" so I just avoid talking about them.

go back to r/music/le reddit!

>foo fighters
>well praised

what

Muh suicide man bandmate band

Foo Fighters used to be one of my favorite bands as well, I distinctly remember even going out of my way to defend them on Sup Forums (this was several years ago). But then as time went on I started delving into other alt-rock bands like Smashing Pumpkins, Dinosaur Jr., Pixies, Sunny Day Real Estate, deeper into Nirvana, etc., and gradually the Foos' music just became less and less entertaining to me.

That being said, I don't think Foo Fighters are a bad band at all, they're just kinda entry-level and easy to get tired of after a while. I'd even say they're a necessary starting point to getting into some better alternative bands. I still even go back and listen to their debut album from time to time, as well as some of their better singles like Everlong and Next Year.

The only band out of those that I don't know is SDRE.
I like Foo more than Nirvana and D Jr., I don't like Pixies (though I'm thinking of giving them a second chance now that I'm into Swans and really into Sonic Youth), and I'd say Foo and Smashing Pumpkins are about tied in my scale.
I just never got really out of them, sometimes I listen less to them for a period of time, but that happens with every band I listen, of course.

Like I said, they're not a bad band at all, and there's literally nothing wrong with liking them. Sup Forums's hateboner toward Dave Grohl makes it a little difficult to be outspoken about it, though.

I still like The Colour and the Shape. The album has aged a lot better than other alt-rock from the 90's that's for damn sure.

youtu.be/eBG7P-K-r1Y?list=PL0LnWnL-0hb4V4yKkD6C5zbaFrzwRTwSH

>praised
Grohl is just great at marketing FF as "true rock", and his history with Nirvana gives him credibility. He does bullshit like "yeah, we are making an album in my garage because studios are not true rock blah blah", and then he has a studio in his garage. Of course most people just want the "true rock" imagery, rather than actual music, so he easily gets away with making bland cookie-cutter radio rock. If he werent so good at marketing, people would probably consider them just as bad as Nickelback.

>If he werent so good at marketing, people would probably consider them just as bad as Nickelback

End this meme. Nickelback was extremely good at marketing too (All The Right Reasons sold 7.91 million copies), and they're still hated. Foo Fighters may not be great, but they're eons better than Nickelback.

Yeah, i guess my perception of the quality of radio music got fucked over time. But still, FF heavily cater specifically to wrong-generation, rock-is-good-because-its-rock types, while Nickelback dont have such a specific target audience, so I wouldn't say that Nickelback are just as good in the marketing department. But you are right, they wouldnt be really hated, just not as universally loved without marketing, maybe they would be Three Days Grace tier or something like that.

i dont like a single foo fighters song.
if you can give me two songs that sound different to me, that were made around the same time, i might cange my mind.

youtube.com/watch?v=7wmoAm0b3QY

youtube.com/watch?v=mzEDs5bS-Pk

They make decent catchy pop rock, that's it.

floaty is GOAT

It's like post-grunge meets dream pop. I really wish Dave would've just stuck with that sound.

this has almost the same chords
youtube.com/watch?v=GlwUwMgRd0I

That came out 7 years later.