Penny Lane and Strawberry Fields Forever were originally gonna be included in Sgt Pepper's

>Penny Lane and Strawberry Fields Forever were originally gonna be included in Sgt Pepper's

Can you imagine it, bros? Would it have made Sgt Pepper's even more legendary?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strawberry_Fields_Forever#Chart_positions
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Albums should be sold on their own merit rather than tacking on hit singles which just detracts so much.

What the fuck are you on about?

weren't hit singles.

They were only released as singles because the record company (or whatever, I forgot) persuaded them to release them as singles. They were originally meant as tracks for Sgt. Pepper's.

lucy in the sky with diamonds and within without you sound hammered on they have nothing to do with the old timey edwardian show they were going for so yes it would be a lot better

I liked Magical Mystery Tour more

>SFF
Yes
>Penny Lane
God no

It might interest you to know that It's Only a Northern Song and It's All Too Much were recorded at the same time as Sgt Peppers and were also considered for the album at the time but were left off and locked in the vault until songs were needed to flesh out the Yellow Submarine movie and soundtrack.

It kills me that they replaced Northern Song with Within Without You. Honestly even if you don't like the movie (which would be crazy) you have to be thankful that it unearthed songs like Northern Song and Hey Bulldog.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strawberry_Fields_Forever#Chart_positions

Penny Lane is fucking terrible tho, fuck that song in general

It's All Too Much was recorded around the MMT sessions actually.
No, they replaced Northern Song with Sgt. Pepper (Reprise)

>Sgt. Pepper's could have had Strawberry Fields, Penny Lane, and Its All Too Much
Holy shit, now this would be a 10/10

No. It's All Too Much was recorded in the MMT sessions and therefor would have NEVER been in Sgt. Pepper's

unpopular opinion: when i'm sixty-four and lovely rita are better paul songs than penny lane

Thats tru tho

"The song was disliked by the Beatles' producer, George Martin,[33] and the band elected to omit it from the album.[53] As his sole writing contribution to Sgt. Pepper, Harrison instead offered the Indian-styled "Within You Without You",[54] which, in Martin's recollection, was welcomed with "a bit of a relief all round".[55]"

From the wiki page on the song

Low bar.

explain

Holy fucking plebs

>Penny Lane and Strawberry Fields Forever were originally gonna be included in Sgt Pepper's

Are they not? Who cares?

check out this edgelord