So since the previous thread didn't answe much other than having some fun posting I'll ask the question once more in...

So since the previous thread didn't answe much other than having some fun posting I'll ask the question once more in its original format. Take note that I was referring to the Maastricht Treaty, but I didn't know if it came with the citzenship of a EU nation or not. Also since there's going to be people asking why I want to get out of here it's because I live in Stephen King land. Known by the other states for its winters, brooding darkness, and heroin epidemic(well that last one's a New England problem in general I guess). Everybody gets the fuck out of here one way or another so I figured that I should ask you guys on ky situation. Damn. Rambled on for quite a bit there. Here's the original question. "How would one apply for EU citizenship? I'm doing a two year stint at a community college before I transfer to a University and get my Bachelor's degree. I also want to study abroad for a year, but it only has a program for Cork Institute of Technology(might still try and apply). I've decided that Spain would be the best place since I would be able to apply for citizenship in only two years after I become a resident. That's from what I can gather so far though. What other information out there must I know of?"

Its different for every country. there is no EU citizenship.

pretty fucking sure no country will give you permanent residence after 2 years. it takes atleast 4 for most. and then getting citizenship from p. residence is even longer unless you marry citizen of such cunt. and in some cases not even that helps (switzerland)

There is no EU citizenship per say, it's something you get when you become a citizen of an EU state.
Every country has different rules to become a citizen, residence is a seperate more easy issue, but it is also done on a on-country basis.
You should concern your self with how things work for Spain.
I suggest checking out redddit, there are a few subs dedicated to answering questions about Europe and some about Spain.

It's two years in Spain for those that come from Ibero-American countries, and so because of that I can apply for citizenship after two years of residency. I plan to apply for a work and residence visa after I finish my schooling here. This thread is to help me on getting more information.
Thanks mate. I'll be sure to check around online then.

Isn't Maine considered to be one of the best states ?

so you are sudaca

It is in comparison to other states but not much of the youth here enjoy the climate. There's a problem that the state's been having where they're losing people in their 20s to better business offers from other states. There's a big brain drain problem going on.
Yep.

>I plan to apply for a work

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Tell me how I'm gonna fuck up then user. What am I doing wrong here?

Spain has massive unemployment

It's gone down significantly and if OP is in a relevant field he can get a job anywhere.

Forgot about that problem they have. That's why I'm also looking into American companies with branches in Spain.

what you are doing wrong is that if somehow you find a job in Spain the employer must proof that he can't find someone legally living in spain that can perfrom the same task

>It's gone down significantly and if OP

Because people don't bother anymore to go to the office and claim to be unemoplyed (after some months not reneeing the demand you are out of the stats). Also because many unemployed people close to retire just retire, thus, stoping being considered unemployed. And lastly, many young people emigrate to work as kitchen porters in England or performing other shitty jobs.

How is the Computer Science field doing in Spain? I'm guessing there's a good amount of Spaniards that are fit for the job. Would that mean that I'd have to go to the northern part of Spain and do shit in Vigo and the likes?

>How is the Computer Science field doing in Spain?

People working in that sector call the companies "carnicas" (for meat industry), go figure.

Why Vigo? Anyway I know many people that graduated in Coruña and many moved to Madrid or Barcelona so I guess there isn't many jobs in Galicia in general.

So they do shit such as hiring a bunch of temporaries and not giving a shit about them? If I recall they also put the programmers into archaic ranks which can hurt productivity.
I was thinking of Madrid or Barcelona but the other user just made me think that it'd be harder to get a job there if you're a foreigner. Also I said Vigo because that's just one of the places up north that came to my mind.

>many young people emigrate to work as kitchen porters in England or performing other shitty jobs.

In Central London they're mostly Baristas and Bartenders.

>In Central London they're mostly Baristas and Bartenders.
we know that. visit Bournemouth ( spanish speaking zone in London) is like Madrid but in UK hahahahha, we are invading you lad

>Bournemouth
i have a mistake it is not london but migrants live there (apparently)

I haven't got a problem with most European migrants, especially compared to the alternative. I do wish you guys would learn to queue though.