Grimes is stupid and retarded

Other urls found in this thread:

elle.com/culture/music/a35362/grimes-profile/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Keep it in the quarantine thread

>Voting open for the Sup Forums Banner Contest! See the contest page for details.
>[Return] [Catalog] [Bottom]0 / 0 / 1 / 1 [Update] [Auto]
>File: image.jpg (70 KB, 770x513)
> Anonymous 07/26/16(Tue)10:31:55 No.66684686▶
>Grimes is stupid and retarded
>[Post a Reply][Return] [Catalog] [Top] 0 / 0 / 1 / 1 [Update] [Auto]
Voting open for the Sup Forums Banner Contest! See the contest page for details.
[Return] [Catalog] [Bottom]0 / 0 / 1 / 1 [Update] [Auto]
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 770x513)
70 KB
Anonymous 07/26/16(Tue)10:31:55 No.66684686▶
[Post a Reply][Return] [Catalog] [Top] 0 / 0 / 1 / 1 [Update] [Auto]

OP is stupid and retarded

>[Return] [Catalog] [Bottom]2 / 0 / 3 / 1 [Update] [Auto] 2 new posts
> Anonymous 07/26/16(Tue)10:31:55 No.66684686▶
>>>
> Anonymous 07/26/16(Tue)10:33:23 No.66684707 ▶
>Keep it in the quarantine thread
>>>
> Anonymous 07/26/16(Tue)10:33:40 No.66684710 ▶
> (OP)
>>Voting open for the Sup Forums Banner Contest! See the contest page for details.
>>[Return] [Catalog] [Bottom]0 / 0 / 1 / 1 [Update] [Auto]
>>File: image.jpg (70 KB, 770x513)
>> Anonymous 07/26/16(Tue)10:31:55 No.66684686▶
>>Grimes is stupid and retarded
>>[Post a Reply][Return] [Catalog] [Top] 0 / 0 / 1 / 1 [Update] [Auto]
>Voting open for the Sup Forums Banner Contest! See the contest page for details.
>[Return] [Catalog] [Bottom]0 / 0 / 1 / 1 [Update] [Auto]
>70 KB
>Anonymous 07/26/16(Tue)10:31:55 No.66684686▶
>[Post a Reply][Return] [Catalog] [Top] 0 / 0 / 1 / 1 [Update] [Auto]

>stupid and retarded
Way to be redundant chumbo.

please check the general

Way to be new

Everything is okay.

Ok Chris Chan, you have a point.

Chris chan would love grimes

Honey, that's Ariel Pink...

Finally someone with a reasonable opinion on Grimes

Chris Chan is going to die. He (She? It?) ripped himself a new vagina.

>reasonable opinion
lmao

If you weren't retarded newfags youd know this is a quote from Ariel Pink

>ariel pink shits on grimes
>chris ott shits on grimes
any other people you guys can think of? i'm sick of ignorant grimesfags falling back on the appeal to authority fallacy when defending the quality of her music

I thought Ott liked Grimes? Can think of a few times he was defending her on twitter

>Honestly Grimes is the most overrated, over-reported musical act of this decade. I love a few of her songs and she is clearly Rated just right as a fashion model and youth celebrity, but as a musician, she doesn't deserve the place she's in. There's not enough to warrant it on a musical basis, it's all "X Factor." And that's fine, but I would rather see music media focus on music and she can be a YouTube star like Rosanna Pansino. There's plenty of room to talk about her fabulous clothing and visual aesthetic. I don't know if I could talk about her music for five minutes.

>"Trying to describe Grimes is like trying to describe Tom Waits or Springsteen or Neil Young—like, I don't know, just go listen to Neil Young. Claire is just Claire," says Jack Antonoff, the songwriter and performer behind the bands fun. and Bleachers, as well as an established producer who won an Album of the Year Grammy for his work with Taylor Swift on 1989. [...] "Claire is extremely technically skilled on a production level, which gets missed a lot because it plays into some gender issues," Antonoff explains. "Usually the way records are made is with a lot of people involved—this person did that snare sound, and this other person did that beat. To have one person doing everything would be the equivalent of having one person designing the house, building it, doing all the plumbing, all the electric, decorating it, and then living in it for 100 years and creating a great vibe. What Claire does is just crazy."
elle.com/culture/music/a35362/grimes-profile/

>appeal to authority
Nice job proving completely right

And
>Elle
Embarrassing might as well have picked a buzzfeed or vox article

She's alright, I only like a couple of her songs but she seems to be a competent musician. No idea why she's a meme here though.

Daily reminder that ariel's "serious/sincere" album is inevitable and incoming this year probably

stupid and retarded

What other effective type of appeal is there? I could speak to the quality of her music on the basis of my own background as a professional working musician, but wouldn't that just run afoul of the same fallacy?

The truth of the matter is that artistic quality - in so much as it can ever be truly tabulated - is most effectively judged in terms of overall critical, commercial, and audience-response success - factors which are overwhelmingly positive in her favor.

Her sound/music might not be to your particular taste, but that's not grounds for claiming it lacks quality.

>No idea why she's a meme here though.
Based on my continuing observations of this board, her eccentricities make her a prime target because many of the posters here seem to see a lot of themselves in her (self-admitted or not) but with the added wrinkle that she is out-and-about, finding success - while being herself. In public.

Exactly the kind of degenerates who fall for the grimes meme

She's a talentless hack and her music is very very bad

Based on what, exactly?

jesus christ go to bed man. every time you post it me believe this professional musician thing less and less. how do you have this much time to post in grimes threads if you're actually a musician

Her bad terrible shit talentless music. As long as you accept that she's bad it's fine but she's awful

*it makes me believe

Ok buddy.

>The truth of the matter is that artistic quality - in so much as it can ever be truly tabulated - is most effectively judged in terms of overall critical, commercial, and audience-response success - factors which are overwhelmingly positive in her favor.

okay Adele>grimes
you can't prove me wrong

>"Claire is extremely technically skilled on a production level, which gets missed a lot because it plays into some gender issues," Antonoff explains
No, what a faggot, she gets the credit she deserves.

Ariel Pink

New faggot

>grimes fans
may as well start listening to other pleb shit too like purity ring, cvrches and passion pit

you

Grimes appeals to vast mainstream majorities (both critics and audiences) for the same reason bands like Tame Impala do the same thing. Their music is the late, digested and casualized reproduction of aesthetics that actually intelligent and dedicated artists developed years ago, only these retards like Grimes can't comprehend the true discourse behind their own influences beyond a superficially nostalgic valorisation. It's clear from her interviews and her twitter page that Claire Boucher is absolutely clueless as to what the fuck she's doing or even attempting to do, her whole discourse basically comes down to " look at me i'm a girl and i talk about being a girl and do 80's sounds therefore i am madonna"

You clearly don't know many professional, classical (which is what I am, by the way) musicians...

No - what are you using as a basis to say that her music IS bad?

For the type of music that Adele produces - yes.

I hear she has quite the chromosome collection.

> (OP)>[Return] [Catalog] [Bottom]2 / 0 / 3 / 1 [Update] [Auto] 2 new posts>File: image.jpg (70 KB, 770x513)> Anonymous 07/26/16(Tue)10:31:55 No.66684686▶>Grimes is stupid and retarded>>>> Anonymous 07/26/16(Tue)10:33:23 No.66684707 ▶>Keep it in the quarantine thread>>>> Anonymous 07/26/16(Tue)10:33:40 No.66684710 ▶> (OP) (OP)>>Voting open for the Sup Forums Banner Contest! See the contest page for details.>>[Return] [Catalog] [Bottom]0 / 0 / 1 / 1 [Update] [Auto]>>File: image.jpg (70 KB, 770x513)>> Anonymous 07/26/16(Tue)10:31:55 No.66684686▶>>Grimes is stupid and retarded>>[Post a Reply][Return] [Catalog] [Top] 0 / 0 / 1 / 1 [Update] [Auto]>Voting open for the Sup Forums Banner Contest! See the contest page for details.>[Return] [Catalog] [Bottom]0 / 0 / 1 / 1 [Update] [Auto]>File: image.jpg (70 KB, 770x513)>70 KB>Anonymous 07/26/16(Tue)10:31:55 No.66684686▶>Grimes is stupid and retarded>[Post a Reply][Return] [Catalog] [Top] 0 / 0 / 1 / 1 [Update] [Auto]

It's bad music

Tripdubtrips confirm

>You clearly don't know many professional, classical (which is what I am, by the way) musicians
Holy shit just die you pseudo-intellectual cunt

the only reason why grimes receives so much attention is because of her image. it's no fair to defend her music based on how popular she is, when the only reason why she's popular is because she forced a persona that people find interesting. her popularity has nothing to do with her music. see

>>

>Their music is the late, digested and casualized reproduction of aesthetics that actually intelligent and dedicated artists developed years ago, only these retards like Grimes can't comprehend the true discourse behind their own influences beyond a superficially nostalgic valorisation.
That's true about all music and all musicians, user - always has been, always will be. Anyone who tells you otherwise just hasn't experienced enough music in life yet to realize that everything has already been done before.

Do you call this an argument? I only see shitposting...