Paul McCartney..dead? And P/Faul as a bassist

Sup Forums

1) Is Paul dead?

2) Did his bass playing change, in reality, starting around 1966 in a bad way.. actually become more simple?

If you don't think Paul was replaced by Billy Pepper , check out these actual recordings of "Billy Pepper and the Pepperpots" - sounds a lot like Rubber Paul to me.

youtube.com/watch?v=p69ojoAz6l8

3) If you don't care to get into the Paul is dead vs not dead shit, what do you think of Paul/Faul's bass playing? As a bassist I appreciate his melodic basslines. John McVie of Fleetwood Mac said he is his favorite bass player, yet he seems to be so constantly under-rated as a bassplayer. Songwriter? Yep.. singer? Yeah. Almost like he's better known for playing piano than bass in my opinion or estimation.

Thanks.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pN9RY4i7OBY&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=GK7CLXHSr1M&ab_channel=ralel0404
youtube.com/watch?v=yHVg2RoKFAo&spfreload=5
youtube.com/watch?v=iAJ2AoEwDvY&ab_channel=Laidon123
youtube.com/watch?v=XBuMC25npYk&ab_channel=Peacelovelennon1
youtube.com/watch?v=gYrtxR57SoE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Kill yourself you freak

Did Robert Fripp also rape you?

I remember reading a book on this in like 6th grade

youtube.com/watch?v=pN9RY4i7OBY&feature=youtu.be

"Those freaks was right when they said you was dead"
youtube.com/watch?v=GK7CLXHSr1M&ab_channel=ralel0404

Faul > Paul
Let's be real here

the twist is that everyone BUT the paul stand-in are replacements

youtube.com/watch?v=yHVg2RoKFAo&spfreload=5

>I Wnat To Hold Your Hand
>Wnat

You mean like Lennon being replaced with this Rabbi-looking jew-nosed peacenik? Yeah. Fuck him I'm glad he's dead.

Lennon was such a jealous dick.

"World's Greatest Detective"

Good old absurdism

Well that song was a reply to Paul, seeing as Paul made the first diss track, also George is there to so that should say something

That issue was great

But Paul was in the right.

He also wrote most've the best Beatles stuff.

John and George wrote the best Beatles stuff

John couldn't melody. Nice concepts but he was way behind Paul (and George) in terms of melody and harmony.

youtube.com/watch?v=iAJ2AoEwDvY&ab_channel=Laidon123

Awful

If you think this is awful you have awful taste.
youtube.com/watch?v=XBuMC25npYk&ab_channel=Peacelovelennon1

He doesn't mean it literally, sounds more like some sassy remark

Not really a fan of the 50's rockabilly tropes and the melodies are basic and forgettable. I like Lennon btw but in terms of musicality Paul wins hands down.

His ability to play didn't set him apart from anyone, it was the way he wrote the bass parts that made him seem good, most professional bass players can play the parts he wrote just as well as he can.

OP here.. you guys should listen to The Beatles recordings from the early 1960's.. 60 to 62 in Hamburg -- it was like heavier and harder hitting , more raw than when they got matching suits and haircuts and shit. They got soft starting in the early 60's, then just more "2deep4u" (regardless of Paul's death) starting with Rubber Soul. Supposedly it was going to be called Rubber Paul.. There's one decent documentary on this whole thing which you can torrent as it's not on youtube. Paul Really is Dead or something like that. So tell me all you enjoy it or what you think. rather than showing the lame album 'clues', it's supposedly a reading of tape sent to the studio by George... at least it presents a narrative of the events in the first person, of George, rather than fucking album photos all pix elated and shit. nobody wants that.

OP here sorry I missed your post.. well yeah, Paul or Faul at least did palm mute practically every note - and we shouldn't forget that his awesome-sounding tone often was because he was playing a short scale bass. I've had an acoustic-electric Cort short scale which .. wel the way they sound is less boomy in the bottom end, and more "round" and warm, punchy in the mid range.. so the more thumpy strings are actually the mid range A and D strings..

Here's the isolated bass on "I want you/She's so heavy"

youtube.com/watch?v=gYrtxR57SoE

In terms of personality Lennon is as bad as Faul. actually, worse. He talked about "peace" all the time but was violent. He paid no attention to one of his sons at all, who has trouble still forgiving him for that.. the guy was a dick and a classic case of borderline personality disorder. Something I have myself, so that's not to say all BPDers are dicks or whatever - but Lennon hated Jews, women, basically himself but it showed in very violent ways towards others. He was very mediocre as a guitar player, and then on top of that he tried to look like Rabbi Jesus or something for part of his "career". Oh wait, Yoko.. well she was part of this MK-ULTRA plot and she knew Paul before she knew John but if you're interested you can figure that out on your own.

>British intelligence, MI5, had forced the Beatles to cover up McCartney’s death to prevent mass suicides of Beatle fans. However, the remaining Beatles tried to signal fans with clues on album covers and in songs.

>Until now, the “Paul is Dead” mystery that exploded worldwide in 1969 was considered a hoax. However, in this film, the mysterious voice on the tapes reveals a secret Beatles history, chronicling McCartney’s fatal accident, the cover up, dozens of unknown clues, and a dangerous cat and mouse game with “Maxwell,” the Beatles’ MI5 handler, as John Lennon became increasingly reckless with the secret. The voice also claims that Lennon was assassinated in 1980 after he threatened to finally expose “Paul McCartney” as an impostor!

lol this is the dumbest shit ever