>dead thread general

post june/july and setups

Other urls found in this thread:

redeyerecords.co.uk/vinyl/74412-ectos001-schacke-patterns-of-susceptibility-ep
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

wtf those things are huge

these came in yesterday. had a great experience from a honest ebay seller

what are you on about

no pix but I just picked up Uncle Meat and Freak Out!

holy shit you're right

How is kill the lights?

Uncle Meat isn't bad at all. Original or repress?

repress sadly. I would love to own an original tho

mint copy so it sounds great but housed in a really thin jacket sleeve

>Karp on vinyl
I am super jealous right now

you won't believe the deal i got it for

Same. somewhere in storage I have a secondhand copy of waka/jawaka, first pressing. It's in rough shape though.

It's a solid album, too. Shame about the sleeve, though. Checking out Karp now, because I've never heard much.

got Woody guthrie: the library of congress recordings yesterday

my phones' shit though, so the pic wont look good

>he listens to the white stripes

dude i even PAID for that album

yeah, fortunately the seller packaged it well so it still looks brand new. that Karp album is really good post-hardcore and their final album before forming Big Business and later collaborated with Melvins

Listening to the Karp now, track 3 or 4. It's pretty solid.

just ordered redeyerecords.co.uk/vinyl/74412-ectos001-schacke-patterns-of-susceptibility-ep
royal mail pls b nice to me

Moss-covered structure is pretty good on there. Hopefully the record gets to you safe. A friend overseas has had a bad experience or two with Royal Mail.

yeah im a fan of all the ppl involved with the label/release
just wish i lived in europe somewhere so buying techno would be easier

Amen to that. It's hard to find good stuff in the area I live, too.

Signed copy of The Harder They Come

I'll be honest, I've never listened to much Jimmy Cliff. Pretty sweet that it's signed, though. How'd you get it?

>Ziggy stardust
Noice
That an original?

Bought in a store in Spain for 17 euros

Unfortunately, no. Bought it to replace a damaged copy (which was an original). Original was given to a friend to frame.

Still pretty awesome.

Junko - The Void and Avalanches - SILY (new reissue) came in today as well, got Public Castration signed by Gira when I saw Swans a few days ago

tfw you accidently buy a picture disc

>mana pool
Just ordered a copy myself. How's the press/does it sound good?

I'm sorry for your loss.

nice, i've got to be kind signed by him.
how was the show?

started djing vinyl, building my collection as we speak

That sleeve on the top right record looks absolutely terrible.

Sounds pretty good, but my speakers aren't exactly top notch or anything at the moment

show was pretty amazing, was front row for most of it, I knew it'd be loud, but I didn't expect the entire venue to be vibrating, eventually, around the end of the show, my friend and I couldn't handle the vibrations anymore so we left and stood at the back, it was still loud AF. Probably the best concert I've ever seen honestly.

dude sick Fishmans - Long Season, I've been dying to get that

check out CDJapan, that's where I got it from homie. Shipping isn't too much either.

you mean in design or terms of quality? because both are excellent

sounds about like my experience seeing swans lol
thor came out first and was playing the gong for about 25 minutes by himself
i remember later that every note of the bass felt like someone whacking me in the neck

It's really just bad personal experience. Only sleeve I've ever had like that attracted more static than was on the copy of Transformer it held.

Maybe mine was just shit quality.

anyone order that Since I Left You vinyl reissue? still wondering if it's a bootleg

Man, Halfaxa reissue is fucking crap.

It doesn't sound as good as the original, ubt I don't really think it's /that/ bad.

did you order it from CD Japan too? i couldn't fault the make of my copy at all, sucks you got a bad one bro, it's a special album to say the least.

Recent pick-ups, how'd I do?

Haven't heard the Gilmour one, but Waters is real cheese. How much?

You did good son
How is my small collection, everyone?

I would like to have a record turntable that goes through my PC, so that I can listen to records through the same headphones that I wear to do other things, but I have a lot of questions;

How would I go about this? Would it require the amp/preamp, or some kind of a particular sound card, or could I just shove a cable into the mobo? Do I need a turntable designed for such a task - USB turntables seem to have a reputation for poor audio output so I guess it'd be preferable if the method uses an actual audio input.
I'm tentatively looking in the $/€150-300 range but if it requires more money than so be it, yes I know the Sony in the image is a lot more than that.

I should add that although I own a handful of vinyls by my favourite bands for the sake of supporting them and appreciating the gatefold artwork, I know nothing about the medium other than my dad's ancient mono player isn't suited for modern stereo vinyls.

Thanks

Shit man nice Karp lp

I have an audio splitter running from my amp to both the main soundsystem receiver and a small multitrack mixer placed on my desk. My computer's audio also runs into the mixer, and I just plug my headphones into that.

Interesting, thanks.

Also recent purchases - from a HMV closing down sale I might add.

>Croc meme shoes
>pink fuzzy dice
>dumpster garbage camera from a flip phone
>every album is just straight basic white dad rock

Fucking lol.

Last three purchases, Kveldssanger came in today. Now I have the trilogy.

Bleep doesn't sell boots nigga

is anything by ulver past those 3 albums worth listening to?

are the copies on amazon the same?

>House shoes
>Souvineer from a six flags trip when I was eight

Fuck off

>tfw everyone else here has shit taste

Yes

Also my copy of Perdition City shipped yesterday, pretty hyped right now

>old man music
>old man dog
>old man couch
>old man carpet
>remote with gigantic old man buttons

Vinyl storage solutions, anyone?

Big talk coming from a fucking dog

Probably.

Has Amazon ever officially sold counterfeit records?

Well personally I like to take them out of the sleeves and frisbee them across the floor. When they get too scratched up I upcycle them into nifty bowls and sell them at the market.

Is this before or after you lick off the press residue and dry it with paper towels?

they've sold unoffical releases, stuff the band hasn't approved at least i know they have with Gong and Magma

My latest records, whatcha think?

Nice buys, user
Those Radioheads look like they'd sound good
Wat, didn't know mana pool came in vinyl

Picked up this Johnny Cash / Tammy Wynette double few days ago

The band or the label? If the label allows it but not the artist, it should be considered official (or at least partially unofficial)

That slits album is pretty fucking good.

OK Computer is just that, OK Computer. AMSP is really good. I'm not really noticing any of the problems a lot of people had complained about.

Do you have the Rainbo or Optimal pressing?

>poorfag
>every album you want is over $50
>even shit you're sure no one thinks about is at least $30-40
>your roommate's records are always between $0.50-10 because all he listens to is jazz and joni mitchell

fuck this gay hobby

:)

What else was boring selling at their show?
Do you remember what earth was selling?

I've got one of each, but the one pictured is the Rainbow press. Optimal press is coming in the mail shortly. Special Edition is coming in September too.

steal some milk crates. just make sure they're roomy enough because they make some that are just a hair too small. most restaurants and coffee shops have them around the back door

I must have incredibly bad luck, then. I worked over the summer last year at a local bar and none of the milk crates I got fit.

Audioslave, nice. Huge fan of almost everything cornell does.

How does The Gorillaz sound on vinyl? Have the cd but considering picking up the record.

Sounds great. Not really mind-blowing, but I think it's worth it. This album got a repress last year, you can find it for cheap.

Another reason why I bought it is because I lost the CD :(

>mfw also own a shih tzu and a fuckload of deutsche grammophon records.

I love the artwork for that deftones album.

Pretty solid album too.

There is something weird about having to order vinyl online. I still like visiting record shops for vinyl, but I can never find what I really want.

I'm looking for a "new" turntable, since I got a "new" receiver a while back, and now I want to get a relatively nice audio set up going.

Is the marantz tt 162 really that bad? There's one available locally for $30, and I looked it up on audiokarma and the only posting said to stay away from it, but that was only one guy.

Some recent purchases (1 out of 3)

C/L/V is currently one of my AOTY's

Also more gets

Not pictured:

Steve McQueen by Prefab Sprout and What's going on

Looks like an average table, it may meet the minimum requirements to no fuck your shit up, but there might be more to it. Apparently it uses P-mount phono cartridges, and there aren't many in production today as good as 1/2-inch mount ones.

Bottomless Pit yellow and blue LP just shipped

can i have a small amount of your millions of dollars of disposable income

Top is stuff I got today, bottom is stuff I've been listening to today. Just finished the Growing LP, I really liked it. Need to get to the other two.

Like they said, USB mixers are good for that, they're also versatile. You can also go with a sound card, they'll usually give you higher bit rates for competitive prices. Your lossless collection will also benefit from a sound card.

"Man, a copy of Sea Change sure would be nice. Wonder how much that goes for."

What is that record with the Mandalorian symbol on it?

Club DJing or radio style DJing? Looks like you've got a lot of 12" singles.

>mumford and sons

>lowercase and karp
for someone that owns vinyl you're probably alright

That's a bummer, Royal Mail around me has always been pretty good, only ever mad minor stuff like seam splits on thin inners and transatlantic shipping.

bump

So I only paid 2 dollars for the Sung Tongs LP.
Only problem is that it's only side C and D. Still a good deal I'd say.

>Only problem is that it's only side C and D.

triggered

Really debating getting a Mana Pool vinyl even though its really not vaporwave.

Also Twitch has ruined that text to speech used in the album for me

What's the album with the Mandalorian skull on it?

I was with my mom shopping for vinyls the other day but was really disappointed to find out they cost so much. I really wanted to get Death Grips NLDW because it was on sale, but she said no because of the penis. Then we got into an awkward conversation about my penis, and if it's working properly, since my dad has some sort of weird penis disease. Anyway, I ended up getting Animal Collective's My Girl's album, the one with the hallucinogenic cover, since it was also on sale. Currently driving home wishing that you could listen to vinyls in the car.

h-how old are you