/classical/

Post music poly hates.

>inb4 how do i into bach?
youtube.com/watch?v=jgR8yriJt7k

>inb4 rec complex bach works (srlsly)
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4991435DC2E3575C

>General folder. Renaissance up to 20th century/modern classical
mega.co.nz/#F!mMYGhBgY!Ee_a6DJvLJRGej-9GBqi0A
>General folder #2. Mostly Romantic up to 20th century/modern, but also includes Bach and Mozart subfolders
mega.co.nz/#F!lIh3GRpY!piUs-QdhZACFt2hGtX39Rw
>General folder #3. Mostly 20th century/modern with other assorted bits and pieces
mega.co.nz/#F!Y8pXlJ7L!RzSeyGemu6QdvYzlfKs67w
>Debussy Folder: Recordings of Debussy's most important/famous works
mega.co.nz/#F!DdJWUBBK!BeGdGaiAqdLy9SBZjCHjCw
>Opera folder: Construction in progress. Features recorded productions of various operas
mega.co.nz/#F!4EVlnJrB!PRjPFC0vB2UT1vrBHAlHlw
>Renaissance Folder
mega.co.nz/#F!ygImCRjS!1C9L77tCcZGQRF6UVXa-dA
>Crudblud stuff
crudblud.sjm.so/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DsB4woyXoXE
youtube.com/watch?v=wfHuaaRXmTE
youtube.com/watch?v=SBXO7cNi20k
youtube.com/watch?v=ugSXVymv6b8
youtube.com/watch?v=RKJ2CeVEzPo
youtube.com/watch?v=nHXtzNxzOYs
youtube.com/watch?v=wmm1kC_fAaU
youtube.com/watch?v=IIWm_fBCdc8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

We need a final solution to the problem of Mozart's fanatics. I say we round them up and ship them off to a small island where sex isn't allowed, and all they can eat is unseasoned meat and stale bread.

A spicy overture to this thread.

>final solution

Wagner should come in handy.

>being this mad that people are listening to music better than yours

you could just stop listening to bach and try literally any other composer. you're worse than metalheads who only listen to the genre because it gives them the option to wear makeup and spiky collars.

For every Mozart fanatic we need a Salieri fanatic to poison him

>being this mad that people are listening to music better than yours

yes, that's exactly the problem with Mozart's fan

We should throw all Chopinfags on an island where it reeks of Chopin's unwashed French cock and only feed them copies of Bach's manuscripts and water.

Is /classical/ alive again? I've been out for a while since I've not had the time to shitpost, but last thread reached bump limit. An anomaly or de riguer?

Anyone been listening to the proms? There's a couple of good ones coming up at the end of the week.

>you could just stop listening to bach

calm down

Hello guys, I don't lurk Sup Forums too much so I don't know if you like Stravinsky here, but I discovered his Violin Concerto in D recently and I absolutely fell in love with it.
What's Sup Forums opinion on Stravinsky?

Faggot.

first time in /classical/

why do you guys hate mozart and chopin?

they make bad music

What, this is a classic Sup Forums meme thread ? Fuck.

>they makes
>future tense

But they're alive, user.

Post what you're listening to right now.

(no Mozart allowed)

>Bach's manuscripts

Might as well leave me to starve, man.

Further proof.

youtube.com/watch?v=DsB4woyXoXE

>volume warning, the ending is pp and the sudden applause is loud as shit

HELLO BOLY

I'll forcefeed it to you Chopincuck

When the opportunity arises, I do not meme, it memes all by itself.

youtube.com/watch?v=wfHuaaRXmTE

youtube.com/watch?v=SBXO7cNi20k

youtube.com/watch?v=ugSXVymv6b8

Can someone recommend more B*ch for people who don't like B*ch?

He's fairy well liked. As much as a figure as divisive as he is can be anyway.

Is Mozart just pompous wig music?

It feels like on a purely aesthetic level classist and anti-revolutionary.

>can't be worse than bach

>people who don't like B*ch

people who don't like Bach are hardly people at all

hey guys

first time posting here

who's the kanye west of classical music?

Philip Glass

Like...Strauss?

>who's the guy all the plebs are obsessed with that also makes shit music

Mozart

The Beatles

Is Chopin really that bad?
What's the superior alternative?

Could any of ye Mozart haters elaborate a bit more on why you don't like his music?
I'm newish to classical music and I'd be interested to hear someone explain why they think something like the 21st piano concerto or the Jupiter symphony aren't good pieces.

bach?

petzold!

they don't need reasons, this is still Sup Forums, one of the biggest piles of shit on this site

I can only hear this "genius" resolve a trill cadence into a tonic so many times before I start rolling my eyes.

hey

Your mother was rolling her eyes after I trilled her candence with my tonic.

...damn

What does /classical/ think of music that's not classical? Is it "real" music?

I heard one of my friend's piano instructors saying something like, "Without formal classical music training one can never truly understand real music" -- "real" music here being classical, of course (and even then necessitating schooling).

it's shit
jazz is okay though

banging a drum and yelling hitler is still music, it's just really bland.

Most people here are aware that music appreciation is subjective and even the most wonderfully nuanced/complex/boundary pushing music isn't inherently "better" than some punk rocker chugging power chords on a poorly tuned guitar.
Sup Forums is also full of trolls though and it's easy to find insecure people who'll get worked up if you tell them that western classical is superior to all other musical traditions so you tend to see a lot of that sort of thing but it's mostly in jest.

Henryk Górecki's third symphony fucking sucks.

yeah, I got tricked into listening to it too

never trust a classical recording that sells like a pop records

This was discussed yesterday. Most people seem to agree that Chopin is mostly good for practice and showing skill with the piano. They disregard him as a musician because he isn't good to listen to, only good for practice based on the difficulty of his pieces.

Bullshit if you ask me. Chopin sounds great, listen to what you like.

his violin concerto is pretty good, but he didn't really write anything else in that style

>taking the symphony of sorrowful memes meme symphony seriously

Watching the DNC and waiting for the inevitable meltdown. Classical music for this feel?

why is Domenico Scarlatti so perfect

More like William Lawes lyra viol suites? Been listening to it a lot and I'm just liking it more and more. Organ music would also be appreciated.

I love bach fugues though

and this

>viBALDi

youtube.com/watch?v=RKJ2CeVEzPo

His dad is more perfect.

STOP IT
DON'T BULLY

Do you guys like Iannis Xenakis?

ya

who /Borodin/ here?

no

Worst Russian meme after Rach

What do you guys think of Schubert?Never see him discussed much around here.

Strange since I'd have expected /classical/ to latch onto his later works as some kind of pleb filter which is still accessible enough for the average listener here to get enthusiastic enough about to actively promote, in contrast to say late Beethoven.

>hello I am really new and have never come to /classical/ before this week

I was here in the time of clt sub tripcode (himself a pretty zealous schubert exponent admittedly), left and returned a few minths ago. Haven't geard much chatter since.

I'm looking for "classical" that was made in the Medieval period for an upcoming Dungeons and Dragons game. Anybody know some good composers?

Rec works by Stockhausen, Xenakis and Ferneyhough that don't sound like shit.

Anonymous is a good one. He's quite prolific too.

adorable pic

Can we get rid of this lame weeb OP pls

why is Liszt fat

dats rossini

most composers that were remembered were usually church people or lords. Most of them wrote choral works really. The church people wrote mostly choral works.

Most recognized composer that were not doing exclusively choral works at the time was probably Fransesco Landini:
youtube.com/watch?v=nHXtzNxzOYs

If you want church music from that time, just google gregorian chants really.

Would you rather suck off Karajan or Bernstein?

youtube.com/watch?v=wmm1kC_fAaU

yeah someone was saying shit like 'chopin is only used as accessory music for classical plebs' or something along those lines. That the fact that his pieces are right-hand heavy (not even true), piano-centric, and virtuosic strips them of emotion.

Personally I think this is true of Lizst but that's another convo. I find and have felt more inherent emotion in Chopin's works than dozens of other composers combined.

But of course these conversations are fucking stupid anyway because that's just my taste

simply admit you're a pleb and be done with it

youtube.com/watch?v=IIWm_fBCdc8

>knows his taste is shit and retarded
>makes a post anyway

bach is hte BEST

Sup Forums living up to it's reputation of being a boring hivemind

kek, assblasted pleb

yeah man, why don't you exclusively listen to fugues?

there's not point ini changing tempo in the song, and no point in trying to stirr emotion in the listener. it's much better to make a mediocre melody and just play it over the same mediocre melody. at the same constant tempo for about 10-15 minutes.

then instead of listening to the music, the listener can go "hey that's the subject again! epic" or "wooow 3 subjects at the same time, this is music, simply epic!!" without worrying about understanding the music.

>fugues can't be emotional
>being literally too stupid to understand the inherent meaning in fugues and be moved by it
>Chopincucks being this retarded
Just another day.

Thanks for this. Landini is perfect.

Fugues were literally just a composer exercise that just got out of hand. I doubt there are many people who are truly passionate about music, who values fugues as more than just a cute, tickling experience for the ears.

>this stupid
>what are fugal movements in sonatas and concertos
>conflating musical form with musical meaning
>Chopincucks being this retarded
Just another day.

>tfw actually getting ruffled by some of these shitpost but then remember that half these people literally watch anime in there spare time

>there
Not an argument.

*watches anime and raises spoork in triumph*

this is a bruce lee line, right?
from enter the dragon?

>being literally too stupid to understand the inherent meaning in fugues and be moved by it

Tell me, what IQ should I work towards so I can finally be properly moved?

Just above average, but that might be too difficult for you Chopincucks.

topkek

i really doubt it takes more than just a few points above iq 50 in order to recognize simple patterns such as the ones seen in fugues.
it's no coincidence that bach is so liked here.