Post a metal album better than this

Post a metal album better than this

PROTIP: You can't

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/neviah-803986659/dead-nature-1/s-8lXhB
youtube.com/watch?v=bJCz4sQYSRI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i've never heard of sexlos are they any good?

many albums are better than that

lol it's not even close to the best release of 2016

wut is tht

Wode's self-titled debut, highly recommended black metal

>boring pretentious "progressive" music that does 10000 genres while forgetting what makes each genre work

>neckbeard folky garbage

>outdated watered down melodic garbage

Post some good albums then faggot.

all those are still better than op's pick fag

Vektor - Terminal Redux

Deafheaven - Sunbather

Liturgy - Aesthetica

Deathspell Omega - Paracletus

Nah. OP's pick is FAR better than that garbage.

Couldn't' even pick a good Deathspell Omega album could you?

Thanks, listening now

>deafheaven

>Liturgy
fuck's sake

Question?

Why is this #2 on RYM for top albums of this year? Is it really that good?

Nah, I could only pick the best. "Good" is not good enough.

I will have to go with this

>Is it really that good?
Yes.

It's the best. Bowie's death is the only thing stopping it from being #1

>atmoshit

it's alright, really overhyped though

Both are bad statements

>readable band name

I already know it's trash

It's really amazing, definitely deserves its spot, if you like any sort of heavy music it's a must listen.

Nah they are the truest of the true statements. Stop being so plebeian

it's an ok album that doesn't deserve anywhere near the amount of respect it gets. it's essentially just guitar wankery the album

/thread

I came into this thread only to post exactly this.

filosofem or hviss lyset tar oss

What? How's it wankery? Every section is there for a reason, including both repeated phrases and/or variations on phrases used earlier in the album. It's called good storytelling, but a Neanderthal like you wouldn't ever understand.

>watered down minimalism for people who can't into Terry Riley or Glenn Branca

it's wankery because it's just generic, run of the mill look-how-technical-we-can-be-core. maybe you like it because it was made by pretentious faggots and you can relate
>good storytelling
lel

How very entry-level

No. If they really just wanted to do that they could've remade Outer Isolation. But no, there are definitely good riffs here not wank. Being this wrong doesn't do you any good familia unless you're trying to b8 and even then it's awful b8.

>hey guys, look I don't normally like metal, but this totally unique and interesting metal album is great it's not gimmicky garbage at all!

>familia
no wonder you like it so much, you're from one of those ethnic groups where all of your metal tastes come from your alcoholic father who listened to pantera and exodus
you literally the quintessential thrash fan

I bet you like bring me the horizon

kek

>accuses me of liking wank
>then accuses me of liking brain dead trash
You're starting to fall apart there, famallama. At least try to make some sense with your statements. I know the autism must make it tough.

Nah they suck. So does garbage like Krimhera.

I bet you are really intellectual and only listen to black metal then

Only one of these is all out black metal. The other's basically screamo gaze done in a metal context. Another one's true minimalist metal. And Vektor's obviously thrash

No, I accused your FATHER of liking brain-dead trash. You of course refined your tastes into more elaborate and technical thrash metal, i.e. pretentious wankery like Vektor

I'm with this guy, almost everyone else in the thread seems retarded

>still calls TR wank even though he's proven wrong
>has moved onto attacking my family by making unproven assumptions about them that are far from true
Damn, you next level pathetic famalamborghini

What do you listen to, Opeth? Fuck off

>dub
>in the 90s
>being this stupidly out of date

>posts thread asking for better albums than a shitty thrash album
>nearly everyone does; proceeds to claim that LITURGY AND SUNBATHER are good
>proceeds to defend said shitty thrash album just like every other mindless thrash fan
damn, you're entry level generic "metal fan"

>implying he doesnt listen to other good non entry level albums
>implying sunbather and aesthetica are not at least decent albums

you're fucking stupid

>implying I am OP
Damn, you deniers are really trying hard to pull shit out of your asses now that you have realized how hard you have been btfod.

>boring prog garbage too afraid to play real riffs

lol have you even listened to this album? There are great riffs on every song

> trying this hard to be edgy and 'elite'

>"progressive" meandering sections that only bore the listener with pointless wank
>great riffs

thrash metal should just vanish as a genre, fucking garbage tier music

Name a good album then

you're literally fucking describing terminal redux lol

not him but try In Terra Profugus by Carpe Noctem

inb4 it's either avant-garde pretentious faggotry or pleb tier wank metal

Definitely liking this so far, nice

I know right?

The fact the tuned UP half a step fascinates me.

objectively correct answer

Just sayin'

These are great.

>keeps regurgitating old garbage when proven wrong

>being this stupidly wrong

>watered down minimalism in metal

Redneck garbage

>proven wrong
there literally isn't a single memorable riff on the album. It's just one meandering solo with brief interludes and shit vocals. I honestly cannot see why you defend the album; it's not even the best THRASH release of the year; pic related for proof

>one long solo with interludes
>being that wrong
>being that autistic
>thinks some kinda crusty metal is any good when Darkthrone proved how bad that combo was years ago
Are you one of those crusty fucks who can't just discern good music, but good hygiene, good living habits, and good money spending?

tell me your favorite song on the album then and exactly how it differs from any of the other ones. protip; you can't because they all sound the same

Hi, interested to know what people think of this?

soundcloud.com/neviah-803986659/dead-nature-1/s-8lXhB

Collapse and every other track. One's clearly, objectively a ballad in the popular music definition of that term. The rest are, objectively, far from being ballads. Get taste faggot, cuz proving you wrong is too easy and getting boring.

Get better sounds. Torrent some if you can't buy them.

What do you think of the song writing/arrangement/vocals? In the process of recording strings

here you go fgt
new Vektor still kicks ass though

oh my god you even chose the fucking second worst song on the album, what the actual fuck lol the only song on the album that is even above decent, and dare I actually say is a very good song, is lcd. collapse and recharging the void's gay slow section sound almost identical. not that i'm surprised though, you also list sunbather as a great album

kek
>getting this butthurt over opinions

What is this shit? It's more garbage for losers who want to look cool rather than appreciate good songwriting.

1. You're contradicting your previous argument.
2. Not even in the same key, tempo or rhythms.

Oh man, you're really gonna keep making yourself look dumber and dumber with each post, huh?

It's hard to say because it might actually work very well with the right sounds ex. an electric guitar with enough distortion to make it drony as fuck. Don't overdo the strings part. Btw that hair...are you from VA by chance?

Interesting thanks, it does sound a lot better on real guitar imo

> are you from VA

No the UK actually!

1. what exactly am I contradicting? I said in previous posts that it's a decent album; it does have decent songs on it. lcd is actually a good song that I would listen to occasionally.
2. yet they're both generic filler moments that sound like shit and their removal would honestly make the album even better. the haphazardly written perpetual solos at least sound decent; if they replaced all of the slow shit with something actually decent, I'd like it more. sure, it'd be more wankery, but hey, it's better than having to listen to like ten minutes of bullshit

lel k

Very 2015, not the current year

That album isn't even good.

>random shitty thrash riff 1 with horrendous vocals
>random shitty thrash riff #475
>end

>getting this delusional
>muh perpetual solos when we start talking about parts with none of them
>muh clean parts are the same and pointless
>sucking this much at paying attention
Might wanna take your Ritalin before coming back, kid.

>throwing a b8 attempt this fucking awful when slightly less awful b8s haven't worked
People really can't handle the awesomeness of this album, huh?

Yeah, right. And what's the matter with that?

Everyone on /meal/ hates it faggot

So? Just because a lot of people lack taste doesn't justify all of them having no taste.

it's the current year

just saying, you're running into a wall of pretentious teenage wankers who still care what their peers think

I brought the solos back up to prove a point; even though they're also boring, they're the entire reason I originally said the album is even decent at all. if the album was all collapse, it would be even worse than before. if it was all the wank, it would be better because at least it's SOMEWHAT stimulating. wank can be good sometimes; I never said it was bad. I just said this album is a lot of wank with little else, and whatever else there is (collapse and recharging the void) is even worse than the wank

Exactly. That's why this topic has been so much fun, cuz the insecure teenage faggots fall for it every time.

It's not that good, even by modern thrash standards. Thrash is a thing of the past. But whatever, if you like it you like it.

It was asked for a better Album, not necessarily for one of the current year.

kill yourself

Deafheaven is the future of metal

>boring
>only good part of the album
Holy shit you're going into a level of stupid that isn't even human anymore. You can't even hate on the album correctly. I guess this is what happens when a work of art is so powerful. Even the haters aren't being able to technically hate on it.

low effort

best song from the best metal band in history coming through

youtube.com/watch?v=bJCz4sQYSRI

>thrash is a thing of the past
>makes thrash album unlike any in existence