Post the biggest jews/sellouts in music

Post the biggest jews/sellouts in music

The biggest

metgayllica

>those noses
British my ass
Also selling out is a rockist myth
In pop and rap you're supposed to sell out

Not applicable. They were about nothing but money from the start and stayed true to their intentions.

fuck you rockist

How did The Rolling Stones sell out?

nose never stops growing, they're all huge when you hit 90

Same applies to Nickelback.

Are those the bald guy from Star Trek with hair, Thurston Moore and an old Damon Albarn?

"The Rolling Stones aren't a rock band, they're a corporation."

-- Johnny Rotten

punks sure have valuable and mature ideologies

reverse sellout actually

but whatever floats your boat man, really

i love him, but realistically...

Henry Rollins

>jewish
>jacked

duh

>blindly accepting whatever society wants you to do to feed the fat pigs on top of the pyramid
>mature ideology

People see rock & roll as youth culture, and when youth culture becomes monopolized by big business, what are the youth to do? Do you have any idea? I think we should destroy the bogus capitalize process that’s destroying youth culture.

>successful musician
>"sellout"

How the fuck do you sell out when you don't stand for anything in the first place?

this

who are you quoting?

i dont know about the rest of the board, but to me a sell-out is someone who abandons their original style and/or unique qualities in favor of a cookie-cutter sound that would appeal more to a mass audience.
in other words, a musician who loses their originality in favor of money.

If you knew anything about what the Stones were like in the mid-1970s, you'd understand what he meant.

There's a logical implication here, try to use your brain for a while.

can you explain the logic to me please? use formal notation if you can

i think the guy was too autistic to recognize sarcasm desu. probably took what you said as a direct insult to his taste and felt the need to defend himself.

if you can't even understand what I meant I doubt we can really go beyond that.
Sorry you missed school user.

Implying any of the big acts from the '70s weren't "corporations."

God forbid you make money.

yup haha, thus they aren't really "sellouts". they were sold from the beginning.

i like how the only argument that people make when defending their sellout artist is

>making money isnt a bad thing!

no, i'm not against an artist making money, i'm against an artist sacrificing their integrity for the sake of mainstream appeal

So slap tits mind telling us how The Rolling Stones sacrificed their artistic integrity?

sorry but I don't see how a vague, sarcastic comment about punk ideology being childish logically necessitates that I believe in "blindly accepting whatever society wants you to do to feed the fat pigs on top of the pyramid." You seem to think there's a strict dichotomy between "uber punx" and "blind sheep" and everyone must fall into one of these categories

pretty sure you've never studied logic and you're just throwing that word around as if it gives you some kind of power.

There's still the distinction between bands like the Stones who were legitimate artists and later sold themselves out, and corporate 70s rock like REO Speedwagon that were nothing but Top 40 hit factories from Day One.

Said the guy who now acts in butter commercials

i've never stated that i thought the Rolling Stones sold out, nor did i state that i thought all cases of an artist reaching mainstream appeal = losing their integrity, i'm saying when they lose their integrity for the sake of becoming mainstream, then i consider that to be selling out.

>Dismissing an entire culture
>Not expecting to be answered with over-the-top arguments

c'mon m8

biggest sellout in the dance scene

it was shitposting, I'm not the one who decided to invoke Logicâ„¢ to defend his preciously shallow music subculture

The original punk movement in the late 70s-early 80s was still pretty poppy and accessible. By the mid-80s, that had all died off and punk reverted to being underground Nazi skinheads with Mohawks and piercings.

t. literally the biggest sellout in English punk music

>not Billy Idol

The day the Stones sold out was when they reunited in the late 80s to play the same 5 songs every night and milk nostalgiabux until they die.

at least he didn't sell fucking butter on the telly

What would you have them do? Start working as greeters at WalMart?

and now it's going in the direct inverse of the political compass and it's getting shitty again

You do realise Lydon made those commercials to finance a new PiL album, right?

>73 and still dropping Kids

based mick

>fathering a kid when you'll likely be dead by the time he's in middle school
Shig.

No idea what Wal-Mart has to do with the thread subject or being a musical sellout, but...

>the joy of paying other people to raise your children

When you've spent your entire adult life performing and making music you get to a point where you know nothing else. Most artists don't have back up plans career wise. So you continue to perform and if you're lucky enough to have a back catalog of famous music, damn right you're gonna' milk it for every dime. That's life. That's reality. Not some fantasyland of bumblebees, bubble gum and artistic integrity.

>Not some fantasyland of bumblebees, bubble gum and artistic integrity
>fantasyland of bumblebees and bubblegum

Are you high on paint varnish or something?

I think he was trying to sound cute/glib, but did it in the most awkward, cringe-inducing way possible.

That's simplifying it a bit. All Stones concerts since 89 are like follows:

>play same 5-6 songs every night
>all exactly like the record
>no jamming or improvisation
>amps tuned down and guitars way back in the mix
>most of the emphasis is on Jagger's dance moves

So yeah, they became entertainers rather than musicians.

Fuck him

Fuck you

Froot is her best album

This.
Here's my choice. They went from making great, old fashioned bluesy rock, to making repetitive ballads and pop trash.

Wrong

Aerosmith was never good

Too generic indie girl sounding

They were alright in the 70s.

Black Sabbath, when they reunited with Ozzy. Man, was Dio pissed

they're british. accept that.

The older I get, the more I agree with you. The first show I ever went to was an Aerosmith concert, when I was 7. I was obsessed with them. Now I can barley stand to listen to an entire song. Joe Perry is a pretty good guitarist, even though he plays the same scales and such. They were definitely good at their peak, maybe not amazing.

Johnny Rotten is one of those musicians who makes great music but whose opinions on other musicians you should probably ignore.