twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it's cans monster movie

television - marquee moon

came after this
listen to starless

you may be right with ege bamyasi

there's literally nothing post-punk about it

looked up folder.jpg.

I don't think you have a solid argument here.

No.
No.
No.
No.
Yes.

listen to starless

truly no, not even close

No, this is.

listen to starless

tell me what you think is post-punk about Starless

the song

xD

This is actually pretty good, never heard about them before.

ignorant fuck

the guitar sound is quite harsh and reminds me of many post-punk albums. it also reminds me of Swans nondrone/nonnoise songs, that are post-punk

This is proto-punk or garage rock

it is not post punk

Devo were probably the first post-punk band if you listen to their very early demos
youtube.com/watch?v=Q1tXTF_5keE

Literally the only proto-punk post-punk is This Heat out of a technicality when they recorded music before punk and released it after, only to have it be categorized as post.

Discussions like this prove that attempting to pidgeonhole records into genres (especially historical ones) is pretty futile.

Take If this had been released ten years later, it would be classified as post-punk. As it stands, this is impossible because punk wasn't even really a thing then. But the sound signature is there. What is more important when determining historical genres, sound or chronology?

How can it be post-punk if it predates punk itself?

just like marquee moon

Is this a new meme?

I'd say a better argument could be made for sound, because classification of any type of artwork should be based on it's content, rather than the era it was released. Not to say that the context or era the albums released on isn't important, but if you had to choose one, I think the sound takes priority.

post-punk cannot begin until punk dies

and everyone knows punks not dead

punk died within the first few years of it's inception, once everything in it became derivative of itself.

no