HE WAS A COUNSELOR OF ROME

>HE WAS A COUNSELOR OF ROME

What are some more nice Sup Forums related shows like Rome?

>Rome season 3 never
why live

This seems decent, but stopped mid-season 2 because it became so shit

also Vikings

>no season 5 with Jesus and the apostles

If you want decent tv western try Deadwood.

There's also Westworld but it's a bit scifi

Does anyone know when the next season of Deutschland 83 is premiering?

So, I just glanced the Wikipage for Omar and it says it's pretty much historically correct. Is that true?

I really like some (at least for the majority of it) historically accurate shows.

but there WAS a show about Jesus IIRC, trailer didn't appeal to me though
pls gibe HBO Jesus series

Arabian/muslim historians themselves never completely agree on what happened during that period, you understand that it has such a heavy political potential that everyone wants to write their version of that period (among others)
Personally I never completely trust history shows/movies/documentaries and always cross reference them with other sources. I didn't really give any attention the historical accuracy of this show, I watched it mainly for the language. To give you an example the series were made in Qatar, if it was Iran that was in charge the show would have involved a lot of blood, alcohol and rape. Let's just say the show is accurate according to the majority of Sunni sources.
There are 2 similar shows set on the same period: Khalid ibn al Waleed (who appears in Umar, they were buddies) and one about a pre-Islamic poetess who is mentioned in the first episode of Faruq Omar (maybe Al Khansa but not sure)
You should skip the military battles though, they're pants-on-head retarded

THIRTEENTH

>tfw no season about the first triumvirate and their actions before Rome season 1
>no season about Sulla
>no season about Marius
>no season about the brothers Gracchi
>no season about the Punic Wars and destruction of Carthage

>enough content for at least ten god tier seasons of Rome
>they canceled it after two seasons, one of which was rushed and should have been multiple seasons

For what porpoise?

>this was cancelled but game of normieshit lives on

WHY HBO

How do we save television?

Consul retard not counselor.

I, Claudius was better

It's a meme bro. Some would say console instead or counsel.

Civ IV: The Movie

>yfw based Augustus' slut daughter shames him

My nigga, great minds think alike

For a couple reasons
1.) The cost was insane, over a million per episode
2.) The proposed 3rd season took a weird turn with Jesus appearing

Westworld, Boardwalk Empire, and Game of Shit
Have all been similarly expensive.

I just don't think it was that popular

TV also changed somewhat in the decade, marketing, online media etc, which all helped those shows grow in size

Kek, wasn't aware.

Rome was before any of those and was less popular. And, I was wrong, I just looked it up, at $9 million per episode, it is tied for the 3rd with Marco Polo as the most expensive television show ever. Behind Friends ($10 mil) and ER ($13 mil)

>Pompey was six years older than Caesar
>he was Caesar's son-in-law

where did all that budget go though?

the set or something?

>yfw Rome more than made its money back in home video sales
How did HBO not know how popular home video would be? Did they think people would leave it up to them to decide when shows should be watched forever?

Yes, exactly. I own the DVD box set with all the added bonus features like the making of. The sets were insane, built on a huge scale in Italy, they were extremely elaborate, with completely inconsequential things being painstakingly hand crafted by Italian artisans. Every wall mural, every random vase in the background for 2 seconds, all of it crafted and decorated by master Italian artists. They basically rebuilt a 1:3 scale model of the Roman forum, senate, temples, tenements, villas, etc.

>something so based was canceled

TV has been falling behind for years now. HBO, despite quality shows, is no exception. From failing to realise the home video market to turning down The Walking Dead, Madmen, and Breaking Bad, now they are all trying to figure out how to cater to binge viewers who aren't interested in 1 episode per week or people who don't want to buy package channels in addition to regular service and prfer things like Hulu, Amazon prime, and Netfilx.

I mean you still have Spartacus

just pretend it's Rome's autistic cousin

That's exactly what I did. After Rome I just picked up Spartacus and pretended it was a shittier prequel.
I did like Spartacus, but nothing compares to Rome in that genre

It's a shame though, Rome and classical antiquity is such a good setting for shows and movies, yet it's so rarely done well or decently

I agree

When will we finally get the Peloponnesian War series we've all been waiting for?

so what are some other 5/5 Sup Forums tv series?