ITT

times you regret letting your patrician show in public

I told my mom " let's listen to my music " and ahe says '-user no' were listeing to fleet wood max." I said "mom we must lisen to Capt. beef heart and his band because in patricin and u don't even like fleedwood mask" and she said "shut up" and I was mad

>college music class
>"We're going to be sharing our favorite type of music, today."
>"Why don't you come to the front and start us off, user?"
>"M-my favorite band is Against Me, but I also like Girl Talk"
>"What, user? What's against you?"
>N-no, that's the name of the band..."
I could hear them snickering

whenever i tell someone at work im going to a concert later

youre either stuck with saying "some underground band youve never heard of" in a nicer way, or actually telling them and getting a weird confused look

id assume at least a portion of a college music class at least heard of fucking against me

That's why they we're snickering

Were*

When I was 16 at summer camp I disconnected Stacy's ipod which was playing chart music and started playing this. You can just picture their faces when the scratchy guitar starts and Curtis starts bellowing "This is the way step inside" over and over.

>be me
>stepdad is into proge
>keeps saying that 60s/70s experimentalism is pretty much the best thing that has ever happened to music
>literal "1910=music started"-tier stuff
>ask him if he knows good prog bands like Aphrodite's Child, Magma, Comus
>find out he listened to Atom Heart Mother once when it came out and didn't even like
>tell him that he had at least forty years to get past entry-level garbage
>stepdad starts ranting about the Jews

I don't like reactionaries

I figured. Some combination of that shitty joke and the fact that I started HRT a couple months ago

Is your stepdad mel gibson

> starts ranting about the jews
Sounds like an average prog fan

>people at my workplace are always listening to shitty radio dadrock
>I bring in a mix CD of entry level Patrician music and sneakingly put it in to play instead of the radio
>Everyone complains about it being weird and looks at me as if i'm brain damaged
>put radio back on so they can listen to Margeritaville for the hundredth time

>lie to coach to leave football practice early the day before a game to take two cutie girls to an animal collective show in Nashville
>they've never heard of them
>it mostly goes okay
>mfw they play fucking Alvin Row, least accessible song of all time
>mfw I got made fun of the whole way home
>mfw next game fumbled on the one yard line because distracted and we lost

>keeps saying that 60s/70s experimentalism is pretty much the best thing that has ever happened to music
Best thing that ever happened to rock music for sure

your stepdad sounds pretty patrish

>in car with 5 normie friends
>normie friends tell me to put on something from my phone
>try to find the least weird track
>put on Death Grip 2.0 thinking they'll like it since most of them are into edm
>they make fun of me
>turn it off
>they put on fucking guns and roses

Similar situation for me, dadrock station almost every day at work. However, there was one cook who would play Danny Brown. I was a dishwasher, and sometimes they'd let me play my music in the kitchen. Some people dug it, other people I could hear talking about how I'm definitely bi-polar and that my music "is for people considering suicide". It was Hot Rats followed by Discipline for fucks sake, it's not like I played

Never been a problem.

top kek

seems like a great fella, shame he fell in love with mother of a cuck

He sounds like he's fucking with you

or

>Death Grips 2.0
>not anything from Exmilitary/TMS

My friend almost had a freakout when I played Death Grips in his car.

i thought of playing spread eagle cross the block but they usually don't like rap

>played Constaninople by the Residents to my normie friend in high school
>he thinks it's hilarious and puts on the fucking music video on a projector when the teacher was gone

I mean it was kinda funny but still pretty cringey

I stopped trying to show girls new music because apperently even fucking Purity Ring is too weird

I would've done government plates or feels like a wheel

What did u play

sad world

MOMS

At a party people ask me to put something on

>early the cure
>"Dis pretty gud user"
Felt good, you probably have autism if you think your normie friends will like joy division or death grips

Nigga the version of Alvin Row they've done live is only the last bit of it, which is decently accessible, even more so than a lot of their current setlist. Stop blaming your fuckups on Alvin Row dude

>pick up a friend once like 6 months ago
>Lamp is playing as he steps in the car
>I've been "the weeb" ever since
>mfw

>not just playing Isolation
normies will just think it's a slightly weird but generic 80s dance track because they wont be able to hear the vocals

I played "Ready to Start" when I was smoking weed with bunch of people in college once. We got 45 seconds in and they turned it off and played Sia instead. I haven't been allowed near the aux cable since.

>le me
>in le car with le friends
>decide to play some le music
>forgot le grips were in my le normie list
>I FUCK LE MUSIC I MAKE IT CUM
>le friends give me le look of le disapproval
>never get le aux chord again
>ride rest of le ride in le shame
hahahahaha us Sup Forumstants right???

>entry level Patrician music

stick your "le" up your dirty ass

My mom asked me to show her some of my music through text.
And i sent her No love by Death Grips.
She said she liked the drums.

My mindset at the time was I wanted to make them think I was edgy.

I'm actually a kitchen porter at the moment. The head chef has okay taste, mainly indie rock/post-punk revival but sometimes 80s post-punk and shoegaze as well. When he's not there it's pleb shit. I wish they'd let me play my music sometimes but I don't know how to ask.

>when Sup Forums realizes their shiny golden race is just considered autistic by the rest of the human race

Death Grips I totally agree but Joy Division? There about as entry level as early The Cure you twat.

I played Constaninople for my little brother (he is in 5th grade) and he also thought it was hilarious.

You have autism if you think normies don't already like JD and DG.

Death grips is basically entry level here too, since nobody will shut the fuck up about them.

Wait till they hear Eskimo

Residents are fucking gold

Except normies never listen to any of their songs apart from Love Will Tear Us Apart and Transmission.

probably because they asked for your favorite type of music, not favorite musicians you goon

Yeah I know. Not Available is one of my all time faves

Eskimo isn't funny though, at all. It's actually a really well done ambient album that tells a story.

Constantinople is borderline comical with the vibraphones and vocalizations involved. It's such an assault on the ears. I love it though.

I'm a total pleb when it comes to The Residents though, my favorite album by them has to be Commercial Album because it has Moisture on it.

You have autism if you think your average music fan likes anything to do with Death Grips. Get off of the internet bro, they're not as popular as you think.

it's hilarious how much of a secret club these death grips fans think they have. "le normies" and "average people" just wouldn't understand.

nah, they understand, death grips is just garbage.

They arent a secret club really, they get a fairly large amount of views, downloads etc. They play coachella and other festivals mostly

One of my mom's friends is really into the Residents, and while they didn't wanted to let me watch the Eskimo DVD once when I was a kid, the stuff they did like the Commercial Album and the Mole Trilogy didn't really sounded creepy to me at that time but even was sort of funny I guess.

You should kill yourself
You see, firstly, you're a sperg, unable to communicate with people by answering a simple question
Secondly, your musical taste is shitty
And finally, you are a mentally ill degenerate who fell for leftist propaganda and decided to butcher your natural body chemistry.
At very least, you should be ashamed of yourself.
Sorry for the rant

That's what I meant
Niggas won't be laughing when the Eskimos are dying up in their ears

Some people at my college were playing some songs from Is This It? by The Strokes at this grassy place where everybody goes to smoke weed. I was walking by with a friend and he asked what they were playing. I told him it was Last Nite by The Strokes, but also said that they need a lot of practice (they did sound terrible like they had barely played together before). One of their friends overheard me and tried to beat me with a guitar case.

Not really my 'patrician' showing, but it's the only thing I could think of.

I heard some user telling here once, that his teacher made them watch a documentary that had boards of canada song.
The other guys of the classes start to get angry telling the teacher to stop the documentary, because it was a song from a unknown artist

>In the car with girlfriend and her 13 year old brother
>phone on Shuffle
>Death Grips comes on
>"What the fuck user? Is this supposed to sound bad or something?"
>mfw got rekt by a 13 year old

>be me
>math class in 9th grade
>autist who thinks the weirder music is, the better
>finish math assignment early
>toss on diskman
>fucking CRANK frank zappa (sheik yerbouti i think)
>people in front of me start turning around and giving me looks
>teacher finally comes and asks me to turn it down
>when i take the headphones out of my ears, you can hear every word clear as a bell
>smoke my own kaka log

>be me, 15
>party for the whole 6th form/college
>waited for my mates so we could tear up the dancefloor
>all into the same music, which was patrician metal
>literally everyone hates metal because of the 'it's just screaming stereotype
>all get drunk
>requested between the buried and me - sun of nothing
>all did shitty 'ironic' dancing until the song came on
>people looked at us weird
>song comes on and we start moshing
>drunk af so no idea what we're doing
>push crush into table
>wasn't bothered, still moshed and did the shitty 'ironic' dancing
>everyone left the dance floor
>people complain
>push someone into speaker through moshing
>breaks speaker and ruins setup
>party over
>being patrician ruined the night of a bunch of plebs
>mfw someone told me what I did that night

fuckin' turboplebs

Never had a problem with it.

Played Moonlight On Vermont at a bar and regretted it instantly

>patrician metal
does not exist

This

yea it does

Metal is for children
Only retards listen to that shit
A single Gucci Mane track has more substance than all metal ever recorded ever

DG fans are honeslty autistic

>being this stupid

>being a metalhead
I wonder, does metal cause retardation or are retarded people just attracted to metal?

>falling for the bait
i like metal too, but you cant just keep biting

I played Takyon for a girl once and she asked me how it was even music. I also played some slint for another girl and she said that it was good but took out the earphones halfway through Breadcrumb trail.
And I played King crimson's 21st century schizoid man for my dad in the car and he said that it sucked. And then I played Everything in its right place by radiohead to my mom and she said the guy said "ever since" too many times.
Makes me sad.

Why the fuck would you play Atrocity Exhibition?

Jeez dude. Calm down a bit. You both get a hug

>Be me back in calculus class
>Teacher asks everyone what their favourite style of music was
>I decided to slip a joke and said 'math rock'
>Nobody understood it and looked at me like I'm autistic
>mfw I think I'm autistic

Thanks for the laugh

What song was it?

was that the episode of Vice called "Our Rising Oceams" or something? had a gybe song aswell iirc

>im going to see a band i like, they're called XXX
how is this hard?

Social autism. Surely you've experienced this?

Death Grips

Shh! Le' dat boi eat

I've been laughed at multiple times for suggesting The Beach Boys to people.

I know this feel, ugh

>tfw my family laughed at me when I talked about wanting to see Brian

stop trying to act like they're better than the beatles. it's such a fucking contrarian Sup Forums thing to say
think about the biggest bands you know and of course Sup Forums will shit all over them for stupid reasons such as aesthetics or ear goggles.

metallica? SHIT
beatles? overraaaaated
Beyonce? too black for Sup Forums

this place is run by such group think. you're all sheep running through the meadow trying to jump into michael girl's penis hole

Which song ya dodgy cunt

This entire thread:
>nobody likes death grips except Sup Forums patricians
maybe death grips aren't actually very good?

Agreed, they're really good

>tfw dad is older and was a Beach Boys fan from the very beginning

>one thread
>implying they didnt get signed to epic
yeah i bit, so what

>stop trying to act like they're better than the beatles. it's such a fucking contrarian Sup Forums thing to say
Quote the part of my post where I said anything whatsoever about The Beatles. Oh wait, you can't, because they weren't mentioned whatsoever.

>no one likes susumu hirasawa....

you're a fucking poopy puffer

>time you let you patrician show
>against me
>girl talk

>Be me 15
>In special ed online class
>Teacher says to play your favorite song
>Being a true patrician I play Ween
>Friends laugh
>Lmao wtf is this
>Ween