ITT. Slangs from your country

ITT. Slangs from your country.

In Vietnam, "Tết Congo" (Congolese new year) means something that will never happen.

For example: "You want to have a gf? Wait until Congolese new year".

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=le_uNGdpa4c
everything2.com/title/Masturbation euphemisms
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sack_of_Baltimore
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why do Vietnamese wear exclusively tank tops?

Wut, we wear anything that available.

There's Vietnam kid in my english class and the fucker exclusively wears tank tops

ayy lmao, i don't know, maybe it's "his style".

Sometimes we say "el burro hablando de orejas" which means "the donkey is talking about ears" meaning that someone is talking smack about someone but whatever it is applies to him as well, like calling someone fat while being fat themselves.
In English its "the pot calling the kettle black" if I'm not mistaken.

one kid does something unique
every other member of that group must do the exact same thing

Idk chinks are extremely collectivist so I thought it would apply to fashion trends as well

In french we say: La semaine des quatre jeudis (The week of four Thursdays) for saying never

Quite outdated though, it's been a very long time since I last heard this one. "quand les poules auront des dents" ("when hens will have teeth") is more common, yet still quite outdated.

When someone does something without manners,we ask him "Are you from Honolulu?"

>extremely collectivist
>fashion trends
They ain't Amish user.

Where do I start...

Bosniak blowjob

Where girl throws up before,and can deepthroat all the way without gagging.

When something is unique,but useless af we call it Pleh hane(Moon dust)

No bosniak blowjob is when she covers your whole dick with nutella and deepthroats without gagging

Just of the top of my head heres a mix of slang commonly used north east england and some things only chavs say
Chebs = boobs
Scran = food
Shan = not fair
Sweaty = a cheap wine called lambrini
Belter = good
Canny = nice
Toon = town
Woah like = an expression of shock

youtube.com/watch?v=le_uNGdpa4c

We have a sayung which goes like this: Das kommt mir spanisch vor. (This seems to be spanish to me)
Uttered when something doesn't seem right, in order or understandable.

>not knowing how hot it can get in Vietnam

"أنا أتكلم عربي و هندي؟"
"Am I speaking arabic or hindi?" usually used when you repeat something to a person and they just don't listen.
Only one I can think of right now.

We have pretty much the same but with Chinese

Heprea (Hebrew) = Gibberish

they sound like finns, i understood nuffing

what does di vum vum mean

We use calende greche to say something that will never happen

We also use Chinese

We say a lot of things that sound strange because they're translated directly from Irish into English. For example, "I have a terrible hunger on me", "She has the swimming of a fish", "The stadium was black with people", "I do be doing that", "Yous"(plural of You, English is really missing a word like that tbqh)

One that people actually use more often is "What's the craic?" Craic means fun. It's really the same thing as "What's up?". People also say "What's the story?" or "Story, bud?" with a similar meaning.

Also, nobody really uses it anymore but blacks used to be called blue people. The reason is that Fear Dubh (Black Man) refers to the devil, and the first Africans to raid Ireland came wearing blue tribal attire.

We, too.

How the hell did that come into being

In US English you can express "you're making a mistake" in a number of ways, my favorites being:
"You're screwing the pooch" = "you're fucking the dog"
"You're shitting the bed"
Also, the English language is famous for its number of euphemisims, especially for bodily functions:
everything2.com/title/Masturbation euphemisms

"dickhead on collar" - you will not get anything

We use German here.

we said "quand les poules auront des dents" (when chicken will have teeth) when meaning never.

"fucked-dozed"
"7 on 8"
so-so, middling

"he does not throw dices"
he don't know about life so much, not a player

China has the phrase 七七八八 "7, 7, 8, 8" which means "miscellaneous" or "mixed up"

Hi Cheng

Misha :3

>Africans to raid Ireland

Wut

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sack_of_Baltimore

>means something that will never happen.
we say "when crab will whistle on mountain" in this case

A Dutch sailor turned muslim pirate in charge of several nationalities enslaves some English workers when they raid Ireland

God bless multiculturalism

We say "when frogs grow hair" with the same meaning.

I don't know why but this made me laugh.

We say, "Am Sankt Nimmerleinstag" which translates to "On the Day of Saint Nimmerleins". The last word is actually not the name of a saint but roughly means "never".