Any other albums I should check out that's similar to any of these?

Any other albums I should check out that's similar to any of these?

(sorry about the low res for soundtracks for the blind.. was too late when I realized)

Rain Dogs ain't similar to any of those.

OP here. so just to be more clear, I'm looking for experimental music with gothic country and/or blues influences, with a really dark atmosphere

Bonus points if there's a lot of strange, crisp sounding percussion.

Not necessarily trying to say they're that similar.. but I do get something similar out of all of them. We probably just listen to music differently.

I gotcha.

>I'm looking for experimental music with gothic country and/or blues influences, with a really dark atmosphere
>Bonus points if there's a lot of strange, crisp sounding percussion.

Maybe, just maybe you're looking for something like this. First thing I thought of.

Yes!!! I'm only a couple minutes in but so far this is perfect!

Cool man, I'm glad you like it.

Fucking shit I'm halfway through the first track. What the hell am I listening to? And why do I like it? I'm too fucking high for this.

give this a try. nice albums btw OP. Also try
Liars - Drums not Dead
Scott Walker - Tilt
Coil - Musick to Play in the Dark

Thanks for this album man

Listen to
Mount Eerie by the Microphones
My Lover, the Killer by Lydia Lunch
Trust in God but Tie Up Your Camel by Bill Ding
Yeah coil is good too

It's a fantastic album. I think it'll stick with you especially as you get further into it.

Yeah man, definitely.

Mount Eerie is another favorite of mine!! I don't know why I didn't list it, I guess because I haven't listened to it in a little while.

I like Scott Walker, from what little I've heard.. And I've had Coil suggested to me before but never knew where to start. Thank you!!

older scott walker is much different from recent scott walker just fyi

Oh I know. He used to be baroque pop right? Mom music basically

I listened to a bit of Bish Bosh but my mates were home and it's one of those albums I get embarrassed to listen to around people if that makes sense?

>Liars - Drums not Dead
Reminds me of another favorite of mine that someone else mentioned, Mount Eerie. Loving this, plan on listening to all of these. Thank you!!

it reminds me of a more lighthearted swans at times, idk how to describe it exactly honestly

OP again.. So after listening to it some more, it's nice.. but I wish it were a little more groove heavy.

You definitely nailed it with the atmosphere and general aura of the album though. I'll definitely give this a few more listens when I'm on something.

I could see it!! The vocals definitely throw the comparison off a bit, but A Visit From The Drum sounds like it could be off just about any Swans album.

But it reminds me more of Mount Eerie.. have you listened to that? (the album)

I take that back, I know exactly what you mean and I agree that it sounds like a more lighthearted Swans, for sure.

This might be a bit of a reach, but try Skullflower - Last Shot at Heaven for that Swans album.

If you're looking for something similar to Tom Waits check out Gris-Gris by Dr. John

Yeah, some songs are a bit more groove heavy than others, others are pure atmosphere. Glad I could help out with what I could though. I definitely suggest letting that album soak in, but the other good news is Sun City Girls have a huge discography. There's bound to be something else you'll like in there too.

yeah a visit from the drum is the one that most feels that way to me, i haven't listened to the whole thing in a while but i love that track to death. and yes, i love mount eerie/the microphones i actually recently got a bunch of his albums on vinyl, i spent around $100 on his stuff and he well deserves it

not the user you're replying too but some of my favorie groove based sun city girls songs are rookoobay and kickin the dragon both from 330,003 crossdressers, (especially kickin the dragon, you'd love that one for sure) and the shining path off of torch of the mystics