In a conversation with class

>in a conversation with class
>the topic of music comes up
>we go around and ask what eachother's favorite type is
>I tell them chiptune
>they ask what chiptune is
>everyone responds with something like, "OH LIKE MARIO VIDEO GAME MUSIC??"
>I can't ever bring up chiptune without someone mentioning XDDD VIDEOGAYEMS
why do people make an ass out of themselves?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=00vYncpl0pk
youtube.com/watch?v=NTa6Xbzfq1U
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because people that don't move out of their comfort zone think everything is best represented by the most mainstream thing in the category

I hope that made sense

the only person who made an ass out himself is you user for liking chiptune

I really want to watch this Taiwanese puppet play that girl looks like the qtest Kyoani's made since Haruhi

Only a handful of people even know that chiptune is more than just 8-bit video game soundtracks. Even here I bet most people think that.

but that's what most chiptune is innit? so what's the problem?

Yes, OP is just being a picky faggot

Pretty much you're autistic my man.

No, Chiptune uses videogame equipment (LSDJ's, Famitrackers) to make music that's irrelevant to videogame culture. That's like saying Folk music is about woodshop class

dude i respect what you listen to but most people couldnt tell you the difference between desert rock & bebop. which is fine, they just dont have the experience & youre going to have to get used to it if you want to get along with everybody

im a geologist by hobby, an hvac tech by trade. could you tell me what oolitic agate or a dual run capacitor is off the top of your head? probably not, but thats perfectly understandable & natural, & something you could learn easily if you tried. it simply hasnt crossed your mind to learn about that subject. neither has it occurred to ANYBODY to study music in any real depth, on average. do you understand how its condescending of you to call them asses, from this perspective?

>we go around and ask what each other's favourite type is
>I tell them Romantic-era classical
>everyone responds with something like "OH LIKE CHEESY FILM MUSIC??"
>I can't ever bring up Romanticism without someone mentioning XDDD MOVIEZ
Úr Liszt, carry me away from these uncultured swine

>Hurr chiptune is about videagames aint it
How about you go back to whatever Sup Forumscore you were jerking off to

Well, chiptune is video game music that doesn't have a video game for it to be played on top of, so, uh

Because that's what chiptune fucking is.

>I tell them dubstep
>everyone responds with something like "OH LIKE SKRILLEX??"
>I can't ever bring up dub without someone mentioning that shaven-headed one-trick-pony scenecore kid on his iPad
Where are all the real deep heads?

>the topic of games comes up
>I tell them VN's
>they ask what VN's are
>everyone responds with something like, "OH LIKE HENTAI GAMES??"
>I can't ever bring up VN's without someone mentioning XDDD HENTAI
>Known as the kid in class that plays "hentai during break"
Why are people so fucking dense

it literally originated from video game technology, it's safe to assume

WHY would you even listen to chiptune if you didn't care for its gimmick of using gameboys?

i hate to tell you this (that's wrong i actually love to tell you this) but, you're autistic

>one-trick-pony
you haven't listened to more than two of his tracks, have you?

haha wow you guys are fucking losers

Well assuming makes an ASS of yourself, and it's not a gimmick, it has a interesting timbre like no other instrument

there's literally nothing wrong with mario music and koji kondo is one of the most influential composers of today

do you like walking around town with your earbuds in listening to chiptune music and pretending you're in an old 80's arcade beat em up game?

imagine being this much of a loser guys

The show sucks

>chiptune

you deserve that humiliation and MORE castrated faggot

manchild

The fact that they're influencial has nothing to do with this THREAD. it's about how tone deaf can't tell the difference between this:
youtube.com/watch?v=00vYncpl0pk
OVER THIS
youtube.com/watch?v=NTa6Xbzfq1U

>How about you go back to whatever Sup Forumscore you were jerking off to

you are incredibly elitist yet incredibly pleb in denial at the same time

..it's ...perplexing

And do you like putting your earphones on while you walk downtown, pretending you're in a Wes anderson film

>Chiptunes are fuckin' gay BRO!!

that's a bummer, what's wrong with it?

is that a yes?

Nothing's wrong with it, Kyo-ani did some real effort with hibike

you're basically sperging out because you say you listen to metal and people are saying "oh like metallica?"

it's a fair comparison you faggot loser

The Super Mario Bros. Theme is the better of those two.

>I tell them emo
>everyone responds with something like, "OH LIKE BLOOD ON THE DANCE FLOOR AND FALLING IN REVERSE??"
>I can't ever bring up emo without someone mentioning subhuman trash
why do people make an ass out of themselves?

Except that's wrong you retard, Chiptune as we know it came around new york in the late 2000's based on DIY culture. The super mario bros theme was released in 1985 and for the sole purpose of being a game soundtrack.

>based on DIY culture
yes
DIY video game music culture

This.

>for the sole purpose of being a game soundtrack.
I don't understand how you can be so adamantly defensive of chiptune while also denouncing video game composers like this. Are you listening to yourself?

That makes no sense considering your premise. That equipment was used soley for making that kind of music for that medium. Woodshop wasn't developed solely for instruments.

You totally listen to video game music. You're just a bitch ass wannabe elitist that feels ashamed about the genre's roots. I don't know why, doubt you even make any kind of music.

>anime
>chip tune
It's time to kill you are self

>not explaining what chiptune actually was and instead getting triggered over the mention of video games

Stop assuming everyone knows music and be more patient next time

but they already knew what chiptune actually was

>I tell them Synthwave
>everyone responds with something like "user WHAT'S THIN THWAVE?"
why does my lisp make such an ass of me?

You are all a bunch of fucking faggots,
listen to and shut the fuck up

yes, chiptune isn't afiliated to videogames but it's mostly known for ressembling and remixing videogame themes (and no shit sherlock, videogame hardware and chipsets of the like are used to make it)

actually, early synth music has chiptunes on them which inspired the use of similar sound processing chips for computer and videogame hardware yet not everyone knows this, i bet many of you in this thread didn't knew either

It's video game-less video game music. It will never be more than video game-less video game music.

How could you NOT bring up video games when discussing chiptunes? Troll harder >>faggot

Except that it has its roots in videogames. Most of it is made using video game consoles. It emulates the sounds of videogames. It's videogame music you fucking mong. It's good, but stop being autistic.