I love Beach House, but does anyone else think they fell off hard after Bloom...

I love Beach House, but does anyone else think they fell off hard after Bloom? I tried to get into their latest two albums, but they just seem to be missing something that made Teen Dream and Bloom so wonderful. The vocal melodies on Depression Cherry and Thank Your Lucky Stars just feel so unmemorable, and perhaps even lazy.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wFyTqpJ5lh8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Depression Cheery is the only album I listen to by them anymore. All the others sound the same while its a lot more hazy and clouded.

Maybe I'm just insane.

try songs like bluebird or she's so lovely
i really like both of the new albums, but ya if i had to pick favorites it would definitely be devotion
also i fucking love beach house in general, and really enjoy everything they've done so maybe im a bit biased

>all this shitty grammar
Kill yourself.

ops sry ill try to satisfy u more next ,time? ;^)
thanks, yoiure doing the lords' work

All of their albums are boring as fuck. It's background music at best.

nah Bloom is great

I will admit their other albums aren't anything noteworthy

Depression Cherry is their best next to teen dream

TD>DC>BH>B>D>TYLS

Teen Dream basically built upon their solid songwriting from Devotion and debut with great production. Bloom relied too much on that production. They're trying to go back to their roots sound, so no more dreamy production or drum set, just plain synthesizers and drum machine with built in reverb.

Nah, "sparks" was the only good song off it.

nigga please

Sorta. I like Depression Cherry for the most part. Very, very good first half. Thank Your Lucky Stars wasn't very good at all. All Your Yeahs is their worst song by far and I have no idea what that's doing in the same album as Majorette and Somewhere Tonight.

For fuck's sake when Spark was released all my fantasies came true, something that seemed like a childish wish suddenly didn't seem so far away, a shoegaze Beach House album, that's all I wanted for Depression Cherry.
Really disappointed that it turned out the way it was but it was still good, of course less memorable but if they repeat themselves one more time it's gonna be SUICIDE.

i never understood the hype behind Bloom it's my least favorite release of theirs Teen Dream, Depression Cherry and TYLS are my favorites.
.. i think they're in their prime and probably one of the best bands out right now i guess the reason why a lot of people on here and critics have started to dislike them is due to their lack of experimentation but regardless of that they are still putting out some really amazing stuff

What don't you like about Bloom? I thought it had some strong songwriting and better grooves than TD.

sparks and elegy to the void are the best songs off the albums

prove me wrong

[spoiler] i saw beach house live at the start of the year and it's been the highlight so far. it was outside and raining and i was feelin hard [/spoiler]

Never understood the hype for Bloom (except for Myth ofc) but I love Depression Cherry a lot.

Space Song, PPP, Beyond Love

DP AN TYLS are fantastic m8. Just because your pop-catchy-dream pop-suckings ears can't handle experimentation doesn't mean it's bad.

No

Yoir opinion is dogshit

Listen to DC ten more times and come back

>i wanted a band to sound like something they arent and im disappointed when they released an album in their own style of musoc

Go listen go shoegaze if thats what you want so badly you fucking faggot.

am i the only one that really loves 10:37

i really love that song

>mfw I waited a year to hear that song after this video came out youtube.com/watch?v=wFyTqpJ5lh8

DC=Devotion>TYLS>TD>Bloom>BH

>what is Beyond Love

Am i the only one who thinks devotion is their best album?

>Dat guitar tone on gila

I don't understand how more people don't talk about Days of Candy. Some days I think it's easily the greatest song they've ever made.

depression cherry is my favourite beach house album actually

TYLS is pretty good too