Anyone else think this album is over-rated? Upon first listen, I wasn't really feeling it

Anyone else think this album is over-rated? Upon first listen, I wasn't really feeling it.

>using the term overrated
>thinks overrated is a valid criticism

>judging an album after one listen

jesus christ this board is shit

Listen to it a few more times and then come back here and make a whole new thread about how it is underrated and you got it the whole time, fuck off wanker

You'd have to be very slow and basically retarded to not be able to judge something off first exposure to it

The fact that some consider this the best Radiohead album is laughable and I do agree it does tend to get over-rated

That being said, give it another try because it's still a great album. Just not Kid A/OKC tier.

radiohead has never made a consistently good album, ok computer had some high points but even that was mostly just polishing a turd of cliches. the only thing this shitty album is good for is the twilight soundtrack (literally kek)

music doesn't work that way you stupid pleb

What did you think of AMSP?

Holy fucking shit dude

It does, unfortunately. I know that underages that throw around "pleb" and "patrician" unironically don't actually know any music knowledge, though. I know that you like to *Feel* smart or complex in your thinking but don't actually know how to do either, as your idea of it is relistening to the same trite and convincing yourself this somehow does anything.

>just listen to it again, maybe something will change :^)

why is this place full of r/indieheads marxist ways of thinking?

My ranking of the Radiohead albums rn goes like this:

Kid A > OKC > Amnesiac > AMSP > In Rainbows > The Bends > King of the Limbs > Hail to the Thief > Pablo Honey

For what it's worth I personally prefer electronic Radiohead over rock Radiohead.

Or maybe I just like putting time into deciding if I like something or not. I can't tell you how many times I've disliked an album on the first listen and eventually grew to like it

>grew to like it
>disliked on first listen
>""""""grew to like it""""""""""

let me guess, because others told you how good it was and you wanted to fit in? :^)

>bad quality bait

It's good but yeah, I think the praise for it is a bit overblown. Probably the band's most refined pop effort, I'll give it that. It's still like a lower-mid tier album from them at best IMO.

EDGY
D
G
Y

That's a nice looking ranking you got there user

What is bait in particular, the fact that radiohead has been in several twilight movies?

>gets called out for being a retard poser
>wow dude youre just being edgy!

pls go

I disagree with this notion. I generally don't get an honest feel for an album's quality until around the third or fourth listen. I don't even try to judge albums objectively on first listen anymore because there have been times when I absolutely hated a record on first exposure, but then developed an appreciation for the record on subsequent listens as I digest their nuances. Amnesiac is actually a good example of this to draw specifically from Radiohead - I think it's a very good album now but I absolutely despised it the first time I heard it.

ITT: pseuds that think they are smart or more "analytic" for being so dumb they have to literally relisten to something for... some reason before judging it?

the way i see it, you either just flat out missed stuff which means youre unobservant/dumb, or you cant process things after only a single exposure, meaning you're slow and lack critical thinking.

>hurr durr, im da REAL music fan bcuz i listen to stuff TWICE XD

leave

only women have such withering viewpoints and opinions they drastically change after mild changes in exposure. put down that soy latte, faggot.

No, I just don't have autism and ADHD and can handle sitting down and listening to an album more than once. Then again, who knows? Maybe you don't have autism, and maybe we just live in a world where people differ from each other. As crazy as that would be

so... you're saying that i'm a retard poser because like 99% of the people I have to listen to an album several times to decide if I dig it or not. makes sense.

you are kind of sad.

get cancer plz

Ok Mr. Supreme Intelligence

Enjoyable, but nothing too special in my opinion

All I Need is my favorite track off the album (probably because it sounds exactly like Roygbiv from BoC)

Kid A was the paragon of their work

BoC