Robert Fripp disbanded King Crimson in 1974[248] and said later that the genre had gone "tragically off course."[249]

>Robert Fripp disbanded King Crimson in 1974[248] and said later that the genre had gone "tragically off course."[249]

>Robert Fripp dismissed progressive rock lyrics as "the philosophical meanderings of some English half-wit who is circumnavigating some inessential point of experience in his life."[22]

What did he mean by these?

He's right

>the philosophical meanderings of some English half-wit who is circumnavigating some inessential point of experience in his life.

These sound exact like progressive rock lyrics.

He's just mad he can't talk without sounding like a faggot.

He means that progressive rock has gone tragically ofs course and that the lyrics are the philosophical meanderings of some English half-wit who is circumnavigating some inessential point of experience in his life.

It means we should aquire his music exclusively through thepiratebay

Fripp was just a contrarion

lmao

Whatcha going to do frippy boy?

This means "laughing my ass off" if you didn't know.

Fuck

Who?

Fripp Usurps Cuck King

Roger Waters > Robert Fripp

thanks bro

Syd Barrett > Roger "The Wall" Waters

Robert Fripp > Syd Barrett

>the philosophical meanderings of some English half-wit who is circumnavigating some inessential point of experience in his life.
It's true. Have you ever listened to VdGG lyrics?

>philosophical meanderings of some English half-wit

Isn't this all British Prog-Rock

>who is circumnavigating some inessential point of experience in his life

So Pink Floyd then?

He was going through some spiritual stuff.

I bonded quite deeply with the lyrics to childlike faith many years ago because they describe something which I have always felt but never really heard referenced to in culture.

Later I have connected those lyrics to Mckenna's theory of escathology and it is pretty much the same idea.

It is the feeling or idea that the whole of existence is a process with a goal in mind, the culmination where everything is complete and "every dot is connected" as Mckenna describes it.

It begins with an attraction to "another world", where all dreams and fantasy comes from deep down in the collective unconscious, and this attraction give a very distinct heartache when you look at how far away and faint this magic seems, or "the peaks distance breaks my heart" as van der graaf says. That line I identified as this yearning immediatly and I rarely find any cultural references to the same feeling anywhere in the last 10 years.

He basically meant that Prog-Rock had gone from being like Old-School mecha anime, which is fun and cool looking but not very deep, to being like Evangelion, which is up its butt with trying to be 2deep4u and getting caught up on existential philosophy and shit

>all dreams and fantasy comes from deep down in the collective unconscious

because the collective unconscious knows the whole of existence and also ses very well the end of "time" (the culmination or goal of existence) where everything is perfect and this shows up in our minds and consequently human culture, as an attraction to magic, fantasy, beauty etc.

Second quote is just him mocking Peter Sinfield

Which of the main 70's prog groups had the worst lyrics?

Gentle Giant

Search your heart, you know it to be true

really? always though their lyrics were pretty comfy because of how charming and innocent they could be.

ding ding ding

He's 100% right. Nigga predicted how shit the genre was gonna get before it really happened.

shiiieeeettt

FUCKING DOWNLOADIES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Fripp's a dinosaur, somebody's digging his bones

literally all of a dogs life is the cringiest shit ever