/daily/ - "the gang gets serious" edition

What do you do in /daily/? (Besides make jokes about the date)

Listen to your library, show off your backlog, babble about new music, tell us what you've been listening to today and what you will listen to in the following month, do tourneys (unless if you're Jangle, in which case they will crash and burn), post memes, talk about music, argue about opinions, fight with other generals, just let the good times flow.

neverendingchartrendering.org/
>topsters that actually works! GENIUS!

topsters.net/
>this link serves as a memorial

plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel
>shit gets hype but only when a lot of people participate

synctube.org/r/Some_dumb_synctube_channel
>plug for people who hate /daily/ but keep coming back for some reason

dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
>site with templates, OP covers, archive, & random stuff

discord.gg/s5Rv7zJ
>plug but with no avatars, music, memes, or fun

Ask about our secret Skype group. Nobody will tell you anything, but it's fun to try.

Most importantly, write reviews!

Previously, on /daily/:

Other urls found in this thread:

buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/g184460651
last.fm/user/mevnisfIItmvrdg
www85.zippyshare.com/v/OzeW9icm/file.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for die

first post for diamanda galas

second for quality posts and music discussion

Do you think Tina there had orgies with the rest of the band?

Also...Fourth

lol die nerd

u2

fifth for tell me when you started /daily/ if you haven't already

no but she did a lot of coke

Where do you guys go when you're having trouble finding a specific song? Definitely would prefer lossless but I'll take 320 at this point.

She once said that David Byrne had a micropenis and was super awkward during sex.

>it wasn't a discord meme

soulseek

Wait sshx is a grill?
t. Benji

fuck you weener/3woke. shaun's up to bat.

yes, thus follows her and nyar are the only people with good taste in here

>they added the discord to the op
wew lads, what next a daily subreddit or facebook group?

I don't know what her taste is actually. But Nyar has girly taste for sure
t. Benji

/daily/ facebook group aka my friends list

what is this from

a photo

This is true.

It's cropped from a photo by Letizia Battaglia. Pic related is from the same photo.

kik group, IRC channel, whatsapp group, chatzy room, the list goes on

yo
meetup when

Ben Zimmerman - The Baltika Years (2015)
>electronic

An album totally brimming with ideas, but with ideas that don't exactly stick. The breadth of sound Zimmerman gets with the limited sequencer & MIDI sound is impressive, but like a lot of works composed for MIDI it has a tendency to irritate. Specifically in the opener, the 20-minute "Phyllis". The track goes through so many styles and sections but nothing ever leaves an impression, everything just comes by and leaves as quickly as it came in a flurry of '90s video game soundtrack sounds. Luckily, it only goes up from there, but there's still a lot of spotty tracks succeeding it. It does end on a high note, however, the "Pausebreak" tracks are all really cool and fun to listen to, the MIDI sound actually meshes well with the jungle/breakcore rhythms. A very uneven listen, but an uneven listen with a lot of standouts.

2.5+

Henri Chopin - Audiopoems 1956-1980 (1980)
>sound poetry

Too deep for me? I think so. It's certainly interesting that some of these pieces were composed and recorded in the '50s and '60s, but their genius is just lost upon me. I like it when it goes more strictly electroacoustic and collagey, but all of the poetry bits are just irritating to me. They fail at the base level of what sound poetry should be, the way the words are delivered and their enunciation just isn't interesting, and I can't even fall back upon the words since I, well, don't understand French. This is 100% on me though, I can't fault the album for that, but it does hinder my enjoyment of the album. Poetry and spoken word in languages I don't speak can be wonderful if the words are just spoken in a sonically pleasing manner, with good enunciation and a satisfying voice, this has neither. He does certainly sound like he's enjoying himself though.

2.0+

my house tomorrow 7pm

I'll be there

hold on let me ask my mom if i can come over

>Playing pokemon crystal
>Battery gets really low
>Realize I have no idea where my charger is
>Don't have one in my entire house
>Forget to save
>Lose hours of progress
>Have to go out into the world to buy another charger
>mfw
music for this feel?

>/daily/ facebook group
I seriously thought about how neat this would be for a second, but then realized how terrible of an idea it is.

k b rite there

me=angry

get rekt

haha annihilated

Suicide - s/t

why the long face, mr gun :(

Stop posting forced memes and get listening to music
t. Benye

>Stop posting forced memes
>t. Benye
t. Jim

>it's a Fishmans towel
>on a Japanese bidding website
>It's $13
>Probably closer to $20+ w/ shipping/handling
>Two days left
>It's white and purple
>It's very absorbant
>It's seriously just a fucking towel
And you bet your ass I'm gonna get it too
buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/g184460651

hmm i'd say depends on you, or whether there's any bands coming through
now if i had you to dm on skype or discord or else that'd be easier to manage, too
actually last tho
last.fm/user/mevnisfIItmvrdg

if you want something done, you have to do it yourself i suppose

Stop listening to music and start forcing memes.

she said no

My mom won't let me come over until she can talk to your mom on the phone

do a meetup at wave-gotik treffen next year

top fry

dry season

;)

me on the left

the fuck

did you just bid on my towel just to spite me

???

I'll probably go next year, this years line-up was nice, but I had other stuff to do at that time :/
also it's quite expensive
I'll make a skype or something

I'm honestly laughing my ass off right now

Did you already have an account or did you really just enter all your info in in the course of a few minutes

this is great

I was just havin' a jej, I honestly wasn't even planning to get it. Hope you stay dry this Long Season!!

:/

how do I undo

ill try to make my mom call your mom and explain we'll be polite

i'll get mom on skype

do you have wave-gotik clothes?

Dear user,

Holy fuck what????

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you're gonna have to fork over that $25. Even if you could you'd have to speak to customer support person, in which case I hope you can type in Japanese.

You fucked up, pal. If it means anything I got a hearty laugh out of it!

Love,
Fishboy

nah, I'll be the weirdo that comes in normal clothes

>Roberta Mameli - 'Round M: Monteverdi Meets Jazz (2016)
An interesting idea that is surprisingly well done. The arrangements are fantastic and bring together jazz instrumentation with Mameli's classically-trained singing and some harpsichord. It works really well and this was quite enjoyable.

Rolling

replacement (if u need it):
Oceania LTD - Big Ol' Brain

a cassette psychedelic rock release from burma that i can find no more info about

of course its fucking dank

Thanks

you'll probably get beat up

Unfinished review but I'll let you read what there is of it. Depression or whatever making me really unmotivated right now :/

I don't know many bands that can combine meticulous and intellectual music composition with the typical light-hearted nature of rock music quite as masterfully as Television did on Marquee Moon (February 1977). Television were obviously culturally informed, as Tom Verlaine's poetic lyrics (featuring art references to Venus de Milo in Venus) provide evidence for, along with the iconic album cover reportedly inspired by Andy Warhol's Marilyn Diptych. But in addition to this artistic side to the band, they were still "true" to punk, performing at CBGB in New York City, a blues club which went on to become a classic venue of punk and hardcore. Another CBGB performer, Patti Smith, dated Tom Verlaine and would show significant influence in his vocals on this record.

I'll go with a friend who'll wear goth clothes, does that save me?

The album opens with See No Evil, which has a static and repeating riff establishing the time signature, developing into the melodic guitar lines from Verlaine and Richard Lloyd interplaying to provide two sides to the track's melody. The singing seems contrastingly free, not only because of the unique timbre but also the way the words alternate between accompanying the guitar playing and filling in the gaps between the notes of the melody. These are characteristics of one of Marquee Moon's greatest achievements — Television manage to create complex music which isn't hindered by unnecessary ornamentation. The music is by many definitions progressive, but is not at all hindered by the melodrama and self-indulgence that a vast quantity of late seventies and eighties progressive rock suffered from.

There is nothing wrong with the conventions of punk, but Television subverted any traditions and approached the inception of post-punk with their replacement of fast-paced angst with anxious melodies (such as the opening of Elevation), and lyrics that are decorated with cryptic and often philosophical wordplay. Where typical punk would utilise hard-hitting power chords, Marquee Moon contains shimmering twinkles of guitar (8:42 to 9:09 in the title track) and spiky yet dancing guitar motifs, likely taking influence from jazz.

UC Berkeley Chamber Chorus et al. performing Morton Feldman - Rothko Chapel; Why Patterns? (1991)
>modern classical, chamber music

"Rothko Chapel" is absolutely stunning. Just a beautiful piece of music, and it's beauty is only intenstified by the choral work, my god. Everything sounds so distant, like it's something so sparse and far away, but yet it's still so intimate, which just makes me want to come closer and envelop myself in its sound further. And the string melody on the last movement is just the cherry on top of this already beautiful piece. Sadly, this segues into "Why Patterns?", which is certainly one of Feldman's weaker works. It's just an uncomfortable and somewhat irritating work, it certainly can't match up to the stark beauty of what preceeded it. I like certain elements of it, like how it's certainly the polar opposite of "Rothko Chapel" in its sonic scope, and it certainly does sound nice, but the juxtaposition in quality between this piece and its predecessing piece is very obvious, and makes this album very inconsistent.

3.0-

to be perfectly fair i only added it because our boi Vinter was pretty insistent on doing so.

and the logical conclusion is obviously an SMS group chat

we're trying to cut down on the memes tyvm

Here's a fresh new meme for you.

>Vintage leftist Italian memes

What's next? Futurist memes? Dadaist memes? Lettrist memes? Cubist memes?

>Lettrist memes?
Old hat.

maybe if you bring a top hat for yourself

>Lettrist memes

Cunt does look similar to Isidore Isou.

I only have a fedora :(

nah

>tfw can't find a decent rip of Traité de bave et d'éternité anywhere

>Venom and Eternity
>Decent quality

It's intentionally a mess. And it's on Ubuweb last time I checked. Or Karagarga if you really care about seeing an intentionally distorted and fucked up 35mm in 720p.

Le Coeur a Barbe, though - THAT'S impossible to find.

i don't see it

give DL pls

I think we have a bunch of those already actually

It is intentionally distorted but the versions I could find on streaming sites were literally unwatchable. I should be able to do better than that. Haven't checked streaming sites so I'll look into Ubuweb. Does it have English subs on there? I barely know any French.

>haven't checked streaming sites
>the version I found on streaming sites
Nice. I meant torrent sites.

>ၼၢင်းၼၢင်း - လက်ရေးစဉ် ဝေားများ
www85.zippyshare.com/v/OzeW9icm/file.html

its dreamy, charming and
a lot of the melodies unironically not too shabby with the lo fi atmosphere in combination with distorted female vocals creating a strangely uplifting and beautiful atmosphere

probably a bit too long for its own good but I can't helpt but not mind it.
highly recc'd

K checked, it does. I'll watch it there. Thanks for the suggestion user.

Discord is literally mem heaven
We can all leave Sup Forums now
t. Benji

wow Marquee Moon is actually pretty good
I think I "get" it now
thanks to

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. If you're not, thanks

will daily finally be kill?

hope you feel better and get that motivation, good review!

i wanna hear your thoughts on something though. how do you feel about Marquee Moon often being considered a post-punk album? it certainly takes a lot of characteristics of punk music into a much different direction than expected, but i don't think that something from 1977 could ever be considered a post-punk album.

I'm not
I've listened to it like 3 times before and always thought it was average at best, but now I'm giving it another try and I'm really feeling it now

Thank you very much

RIP

filthy discord scum

it's actually amazing

i'm not surprised you're liking it

Why does everyone bully Benji?

because he deserves it

he secretly likes it
t. Benny

He's an Alberto Barbosa.

this

I know this is a meme, but Alberto is actually not that common expect in the old generations.

Link to discord pls
I'm finally home

nvm I found it

TFW part of shitty brass band, all the little autists want to play trumpet and you're forced to play baritone horn.

I played the baritone in middle school orchestra. Wish I followed it through tbqhwy

>some favs
>Tim Buckley- dream letter 1969
>Doesn't even know the year it was recorded in
You're fucking dead to me ruggles

Ole is top tier Coltrane.
And no, he doesn't have any bad albums.

>drink pbr
Might as well listen to Miley Cyrus too baka

April 2016
I am babby pigger

OUT TO LUNCH IS GOAT

>meme
we fukin bitch

Every once in a while I think you're a normal, passionate person and then I see things like this that remind me you're about 40% on the insane scale.