>

Other urls found in this thread:

scaruffi.com/music/essentia.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

sorry i fucked up

>Sup Forums doesnt hate /lit/ anymore
what happened

look into panda's eyes and it will reveal the answer

/lit/ seem like a bunch of mean, pretentious non-nu-males in their mid to late twenties and they ridicule me for nothing. It's weird because literature and music are almost equal for me (music might be a little higher, which /lit/ would rip my fucking head off for saying,) but I just can't relate with the people on /lit/ at all. They just seem like exactly the kind of people that I never want to be like.

what books do you like, user?

>/lit/ seem like a bunch of mean, pretentious non-nu-males in their mid to late twenties and they ridicule me for nothing
lmao look what board you're on right now

people on /lit/ generally have nothing meaningful to say.

Was /lit/ ever good?

Siddhartha, One Hundred Years of Solitude, and the Prophet are probably my top three.

lmao no wonder /lit/ ripped you a new one

Reminder literature is the highest form of art, music requires no actual talent or particular skillset to digest and properly dissect

t. virgin non-musician loser

Frank Stanford's The Battlefield Where the Moon Says I Love You

they're not as bad as Sup Forums, but they're still shit

someone has never heard of music theory

please completely disect Mahler's 9th for me if it's so easy

>non-musical

I play the viola, guitar and balalaika to get in touch with slav roots. Fuck off, I already am more musical than you. It's not hard. Anyone that doesn't play an instrument/know music theory is on the level of a top 40 listener.

>I'll namedrop the most obscure stuff I know and found off RYM because I think it makes me credible!

lazy, lazy attempts at looking cultured. only retarded underages do this.

>Mahler's 9th is obscure
Learn your classical, user

Fuck it, I knew I was going to get ridiculed for answering that question from the start regardless of what I said. You just can't expose your taste in literature without some pretentious fuck attacking you for it, even if they don't have anything better, in which case they can just spout book you're supposed to like.

Then with this damage control! every single time.

no, you thought it was something people didnt commonly know about, and now when you're called out on your shit you do the whole
>dude its not even that obscure :^)
damage control to play it off. like white people that pretend they were going to scratch their head when they get left hanging on a high five.

It's not obscure at all. That's like saying Radiohead is underground. Mahler is a well known composer.

>Siddhartha
Baby's first Hesse

Now you know this, good. Make sure to find something actually credible next time when trying to fortify your paper walled classical """connoisseur'""" image, underage fag.

that dude isn't even the same person who made the original comment (me)

anyway, obscurity has nothing to do with it. that's a beautiful complex piece that someone uneducated on theory couldn't possibly understand with any amount of effort, which was the only point I was trying to make. you're the only one who's bringing up shit like obscurity and droning RYM, sorry you're so insecure about whatever form of entertainment you prefer

>viola
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yes, that's right, I assumed it was a thing about an underage trying to look credible via security through obscurity. He is not one of the greats, and that's not even his best work, so I could only assume that you did it in hope nobody would know who it was

scaruffi.com/music/essentia.html
>tfw
ahh I see, had your pedo backing :^)

we all have to start somewhere and base our taste off something, I guess.

Yes, what is the problem here?

It's really dumb to ask a board what their favorite art form is.

If you ask /lit/
They'll say it's books.

If you ask Sup Forums
They'll say it's music.

If you ask Sup Forums
They'll throw their own shit against the wall.

Calm the fuck down clearly the dude's literary exploration hasn't gone outside AP Lit yet so what?

From what I've read of Hesse so far it's pretty close between Siddhartha and Demian for me, but Siddhartha is definitely the most beautiful thing I've read. Every sentence in there is a gift. Fuck you, people who have read the entirety of his work and favor other books of his will still often cite Siddhartha as his technical best work. I'm just going off of what I like the most. This is what I hate about literature. It's just crawling with absolute cunts like you. I definitely preferred Siddhartha to Narcissus and Goldmund, which just felt like a template for Hesse to make a few points and wasn't that effective for me.

>They just seem like exactly the kind of people that I never want to be like.

this whole post is a passive aggressive salving of your wounded ego because you value literature highly but when you go to /lit/ you are reminded in no uncertain terms that you simply don't read enough for all this supposed veneration of it.

i'm an older poster and more mellow in my ways but i see right through this wounded bullshit, son.

enjoy "winning" this arguement if you want, I really do feel bad for you man. must be lonely

>This is what I hate about literature. It's just crawling with absolute cunts like you.

that user is no doubt a cunt - anyone who uses that tired old "babby" line absolutely is - but could you please be real with yourself for a second?

stop all the ressenitment and straw-manning, what you really hate about literature is all the work that it takes.

you might be a nice guy and you might have good taste but i can tell from those few books that you really haven't explored literature that much. which is fine. seriously. i'm not an elitist like that. but don't find straw-manned aversions toward literature and things that you "hate about literature", because it only reads like someone who is making excuses to avoid the work.

again, you might be a genuinely good dude, but be real here.

I don't really hate anything about literature it's just the elitist mentality that it attracts. And it's not just literature, I've been attacked on /lit/ for meaningless insipid things that have nothing to do with literature. So it's not literature, it's the people that gravitate towards it. If literature and music swapped out I suddenly wouldn't be able to say I like Music From Big Pink without getting shit for it.

>I don't really hate anything about literature it's just the elitist mentality that it attracts.

mate thing is just an age thing. you have a lot of bored, frustrated and disenfranchised young people at the tail ends of their formative years. of course they are going to sling shit at one another. this happens on literally every board.

>So it's not literature, it's the people that gravitate towards it.

again, all i see here is ego-addled ressentiment from a guy who claims that it's his second favourite form but knows that he doesn't put enough work into it.

just relax with the externalized frustrations. read or don't.

lit listens to a lot of classical theyre pretty cool dudes

Yeah but a lot of them are your average muh Mozart and muh Beethoven listeners