Make black metal violent again

I've compared the two eras in black metal.
1. The church burning, suicidal, murderous, and overall violent black metal.
2. The cartoonish, "edgy", and hippie cuckold having black metal.

Do you think in these current times this art will become reality again?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cNJpQwvEVno
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

get off Sup Forums varg go to bed

Hey when you get a chance, check out MYFAROG :D

What is an example of a cuckold black metal album?

if you say Liturgy or Deafheaven you haven't developed a good enough argument and should go back to Varg's youtube channel.

I kinda agree with you, I prefer the 90's era by far, even though I like some of today's bm.

It's primarily certain black metal groups or fans that fall in line with SJWs. This actually exists.

I thought it couldn't go so far as Christian Black Metal

Kvlt against hate

There hasn't been a good black metal album since 1994-1995.

Either bands want to be black metal because they read its cvlt and are edgy or they're bunch of speshul snowflakean hipsters.

Metal Injection is part of my argument

Vice Noise as well

Doubt it. I think Varg, Fenriz, Abbath etc were a bunch of dorky, depressed, nerdy kids who were able to create a mystique in the 90s that had just enough technology to spread the music around without their personalities being widely spread. Wheras I think nowadays you can write off dorky kids who are trying too hard pretty quickly, and that kind of isolation seems more calculated now.

Varg isn't even violent anymore I'm tired of this meme

He has two kids and lives on a farm in France, he denies burning the churches and hates black metal now

Metal injection

Vice: Noisey

>and that kind of isolation seems more calculated now.
Isolation by choice isn't any less valid emotion, it's just a different than isolation not by your own choice.

Sorry if that doesn't makes sense, i don't speak English as my native language.

The necro-sound and the original 90s black metal felt like it had more heart. I can't get same genuine feel from modern black metal. Fuck, the things they call atmospheric black metal right now reminds me more of post-rock

Point being...

The question is:

"Could it become violent again?"

No, I get what you're saying. I'd agree, but it's just that stuff like someone who isolates themselves like Xasthur working at Staples comes out and some of the mystique is lost.

I don't know if it could become violent again. I think it'd take several bands in a scene to find some kind of injustice or topic they feel strong enough against to go to crazy lengths, which I'm not sure will happen.

This album put an end to black metal anyways.

It'll never happen again. See those metal sites that speak for the "metal community" and complain when someone does something they don't like

the point is black metal is a retarded genre that made some good albums once in the 90's

there are much better violent genres out there, you just have to dig harder to find them

Troll harder

Only if you're a jew or a muslim (mainly jews tho)

It's the perfect final chapter in my opinion. I cannot figure what more to add or evolve with the necro sound and the mystery it held.

If only we come to find out their aggression is brought by their influence of black metal, then I guess it has already happened Lolz

I see it coming from primarily NSBM groups, Mexican groups, and Saudi groups.

>much better violent genres
like what?

Deathcore of course.

>if you say Liturgy or Deafheaven you haven't developed a good enough argument and should go back to Varg's youtube channel.
But that's the right answer, shitfag.

This board is off the deep end with post-irony and they celebrate mediocre artists like them

Point made/10

it will be what it will be, that's music, that's passion. Don't let passion run you into the dirt, and don't let the dirt be something you're even trying to avoid.

It's music and I play it because it feels good, I write it because it feels right, I put time and money into it, yeah, but I wouldnt be kicking the hundreds of dollars I've spent releasing cds for bands if it wasn't something I enjoyed.

The 90s Norwegian scene was fucking retarded. They were racists and anti-semites who were burning down historical churches that were hundreds of years old, and they were gang beating vulnerable people. It's one of the most idiotic things ever in rock music.
Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see things get raw again, and for the bands to become genuinely pagan, nature-focused, and angrily political. The quality of the music has gone down - I'd like to throw out the shitty indie/hipster BM and get back to the chaotic Deathcrush-era Mayhem, early Bathory, and Gaahl-era Gorgoroth. But the stupid hate is useless.

I concure with that, however, if there's one thing that is known throughout history and what makes it is blood.

fuck the circlejerk

black metal is pretty great

One thinks one is above the rest, one thinks one is dominance, one thinks one is fury, one thinks one is king, but that is where one is not, for one is insecure in that one is concerned for how other look upon thy.

tl;dr - Nobody cares tacobell gave you 13 tacos in your 12 taco box

Your tastes are fucking milquetoast.

>Gaahl-era Gorgoroth

Really shows how much you know about black metal when you can name the two most popular "hipster" albums in the genre, homo.

The point is that you're just another normal elitist black metal fan who worries about "muh hipster corruption" and "mainstream killing BM" when in reality by your own autistic dumbass standards black metal died as soon as Dead an hero'd himself.

Truth is that black metal was never violent. If you mean "satanic and raw" then spend 15 fucking minutes on bandcamp and you'll find a metric shit ton of bedroom evil black metal albums recorded with a fucking contact microphone. And even back in the 90s when you were probably born, you probably would have fucking hated the more popular BM artists. "Ulver is taking away from the true kvlt sound by using folk influences!" or "Summoning are nerds who are obsessed with LotR", or "Silencer sounds like a dolphin being castrated with a sharp strand of seaweed:. Don't act like you're some fucking purist visionary of black metal, because in reality you're just a guy who bitches about a subgenre not being satanic enough to a bunch of 20 something white guys on Sup Forums, the same website where le Anonymoose came from.

If you want violent, go listen to some fucking goregrind.

The point isn't they're UG bands but they're marketed with hipster aesthetic and are in *hipster* publications.

But there's not enough suicide and murder irl :(

Make it happen peeps!

if I hadn't said Gorgoroth you wouldn't be whining... either that or you're a hipster BM nu-male

Hey man, no sense arguing with them. They are metal heads lol.

i always thought this cover looked fake for some reason even though it's not.

t. nu-male

Cuz the story goes the person who found it staged it a bit.

watain is the current face of black metal, and with good reason

True, the knife and gun were moved before the picture was taken.

Trve/10

You mean Ghost Bath.

>Ghost Bath

They're so fire!

I've also heard that Dead was laying face down originally and Eury propped him up on his side

thats why the brains aren't in a clear "falling trajectory" (for lack of a better term) with his head hole

lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Dude if you enjoy shit tier black metal and want to listen to a band that doesn't expand on any ideas in a genre ok then.

And that hair though...

heheheh wiki's article on Ghost Bath literally says all that I need to know when it compares it in similarity to Deafheaven

fuck you Alcest-loving cuck

Am I the only one who doesn't think Ghost Bath is that much similar to Deafheaven? Like, yeah they're blackgaze and all that jazz, but Ghost Bath has a cleaner, DSBM sound that is distinctively different from Deafheaven.

All these assumptions about my tastes and none of them are correct.

I'm the guy you're replying to

I actually regret my earlier statement, because this is actually pretty good now that i'm listening to it

I apologize

Eh, kids aren't as angry as they used to be. Plus, all these kids were outcast with serious mental issues. Add that on top of the fact that they felt their culture was being stolen from them by Judaic christian overlords.

Varg may have some intense racial views, but his thoughts on the destruction of traditional culture and values is pretty interesting.

Trvly Based

youtube.com/watch?v=cNJpQwvEVno

bring back these two

I find what Varg says fairly rational and well argued. He isn't stupid by any means.

Fucking go burn down a church then instead of complaining like a bitch on an Azerbaijani carpet weaving forum. Be the change you want to see in the world.