What the fuck is "loitering" and why it is illegal in USA...

What the fuck is "loitering" and why it is illegal in USA? How it happened that in the country that symbolize freedom you can't be on street without a reason. Is "chatting with friends, eating sunflower seeds and drinking beer while squatting on road curb" a justifiable reason to be on street? When I was from 14 to about 25 my usual pasttime was wandering around the hood with friends and we called it "walking". What american teenagers do when they gather? Go to bar or someone's house just to avoid arrest?

Other urls found in this thread:

urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bogan
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's basically to give police a legal reason to move/arrest hobos and beggars on the street. It also prevents people from being in a store for an abnormally long period of time without buying anything.

Much like open-container laws, you won't be encountering the police unless you cause any trouble.

>What american teenagers do when they gather
>Go to bar?

kek

They go to the woods

They generally go to a friend's house tbqh.

>implying Americans give the slightest fuck about freedom
Americans unironically live in an authoritarian police state where the corporatocracy is constantly spying on their every move and doing what they want at the expense of everyday freedom.

They delude themselves into thinking they have freedom because "muh guns!!", ignoring the fact that, beyond the issue of guns, they have very little freedom nowadays (other than the freedom to get shot, of course).

Guns, and free speech, are the hallmarks of our "freedom". You're not wrong otherwise, although Anti-loitering have always been around, see

eating sunflower seeds = littering = illegal
drinking beer outside = illegal

I learned a new word today. Loitering. Took me also a while to learn what jaywalking was.

I'm in southern Mass and I literally saw a NO LOITERING sign on the wall at the bus station where people are supposed to wait for their bus to arrive.

Loitering is only slightly less of a meme than Jaywalking.

So if a group of gentlemen on the foto, that don't look like hobos or beggars and don't harass passersby will squat somewhere in american city for a prolonged period of time they won't be arrested or shot?

No, especially if it's a place like a public park or festival.

America is really big on cars and any friend group will generally have at least a few people with cars. No one will care if you're 16 and don't have a license but you'll start getting questions at 17 and it'll be kind of weird at 18.

The point is, cars are a really big part of life for American teenagers, so they don't really walk around for fun. Often, teenagers will have their first few sexual experiences in a car. It's kind of a stereotypical place to lose your virginity. They might do it in an empty parking lot at night, but more daring teenagers might even do it in their own driveway.

It's like their laws on jaywalking. Cars have primacy and right of way in America, so if you try to cross the road where there isn't a crossing you might get arrested. That I feel is more bullshit a law than loitering.

So they meet after school and socialize, chat, etc. inside cars? I mean groups or companies, not pairs. And what kids do before 16? Gather on designated playgrounds or their yards? I was in USA and there were "NO LOITERING" signs basically everywhere in downtown.

Also a very good point. Both are memes, even in the US, and both seem to reflect to an extent an autocentric culture

They do so either at School or at a friend's house. In any case "the streets" are often seen here as a hive of scum and villainy with such vices as gambling and prostitution, hence many of these laws.

Why would one even live in an environment like that?

There are ways to eat sunflower seeds in a neat manner, just like phistachios or oysters for that matter. Why on Earth having a pint of nice Trappist ale in some spectacular place would be illegal?

Indeed I agree, these things are not illegal where I am, luckily.

Teenagers generally own cars that seat 5 people, so it's not just for pairs. I'm not saying they live their entire lives in cars, of course they sometimes hang out at home too, but it's not uncommon for teenagers to drive aimlessly when looking for something to do. I don't think it's as common for teenagers to hang out at playgrounds here as it is in Europe.
What do you mean? Why would anyone live in America?

I think he means why would anyone tolerate or foster such an environment in America or any other place instead of changing it for the better

tfw i can drink alcohol in public and not get arrested

Feels good not to be a sunhuman yank or semečki munching slav ape

Glad to hear that about a country where Trappist beers come from. Do you like Chimay Blue? It's amazingly dry, I adore it.

as long as you stay out of the sharia zones

Anti-loitering laws are meant for places like stores, parking lots, and certain residential areas. Public parks and squares are obviously fine to just hang around in.

I mean why would one not go to some place where he can eat sunflower seeds and drink beer.

TFW when they ask you not to take your pint of beer outside when you smoke in Grobar or when no more than twelve patrons can hang around at The Crown.

What else does faux news tell you about yurope

*while

Have you been to Knightsbridge recently? Looks like Saudi enclave to me lad.

Don't get your info from these guys they're obviously from some kind of flyover state and they're borderline retards in those

Police mess with you for everything the trick is not being a nigger or stupid know how to talk your way out

Kids play in and around their houses. Teenagers all pile in a car and go to places like the mall.

I live on the other side of Hyde Park from knightsbridge (near rushin nouveau riche scum) but knightsbridge is know for disgusting rich gulf araps, not somalis. Tottenham is known for Somalis.

I wouldnt know.
All the people i called my "friends" were just guys i talked to at lunch to pass time. After that id go home alone and do whatever.

I'm not into distinguishing these. Looks like towelhead hood to me. Congrats on living in the zone I though.

Sounds so boring. In Russia it's a form of punishment — to keep kids at home and don't let go to the streets with their friends. But i can't deny that from parent's perspective it looks reasonable, kids are more safe at house or yard and less likely will join "bad companies" and start to drink, use drugs or get AIDS or such. Google image search show difference in mentalities.

I also wonder how does it feel to have your capital zoned like that. Like, 'This is some awkward line serving to Jamaican turf. Change here for Somalian hood'.

BTW, I'm into visiting bad hoods abroad. Is going to Canning Town dangerous? I weigh 90 kilos, wear buzzcut and have thick Slavic accent, most of the time no one fucks with me.

You don't need Fox In order to see what a shithole the U.K. Is desu

>to keep kids at home and don't let go to the streets with their friends.

Why are you presuming the latter follows from the former? Kids always have friends over, it's not like they're by themselves.

>Like, 'This is some awkward line serving to Jamaican turf. Change here for Somalian hood'.
London is very much like that in the sense that literally one side of the train line can be upper middle class and the other side a junkie ridden non-white shithole.

>Canning Town

Been there many times because of lithuanian supermarket, it's a working class area but not at all unsafe and nowhere like the true shitholes of London such as Deptford, Peckham, Hackney, Brixton, Harlseden, Tottenham etc. A lot of the residents are lithuanians and as a 1cm haircut slav pidor I'm sure you wont attract too much attention. Just don't speak Russian, but that's my advice for anywhere in London.

Yeah ok, I'd rather kill myself than live in the usa

That's good, we wouldn't want you here anyway. Brits are disgusting.

I'm not British you fat spic

>I'm not British
Paki's are British in my book

I dont think I have ever seen such law enforced

That's nice, I'm from NZ

The public isn't a place in the US, it's just a transit zone for getting from one installation to another.

My favourite part of this thread is every brainwashed American.

>muh freedoms
>everything is fine.

Wow Brixton is sort of legendary. Thanks, I think I gonna visit the places you've mentioned.

From my experience, speaking Russian can't get you in trouble anywhere in Europe proper.

I also think that 1 cm hair is plain stupid. I usually adjust my trimmer to 1 mm and shave my head twice a month. If I didn't do that I'd wear some sort of undercut or even a ponytail, but never 1 cm, it's only appropriate if you're a Brit wearing black shoes, an ill fitting shirt and Nike shoe bag at once.

Being scared of Lithuanians is pretty funny too.

Seems like the sort of rule that gets enforced in situations where common sense would say to do it...

If you had a nice shop you wouldn't want a bunch of drunk teenage boys showing off out the front, or if you were at the park with your kids you wouldn't want them to hear the bad language.

But if they're not hurting anyone I don't see why cops would ever enforce that law...

As for drinking in public, it's technically illegal here, but all the cops ever do is pour out your drinks onto the street. Same over there?

of course it's a fucking russian complaining he can't squat on the street 2 am

>free speech

enjoy being fired because you said you hated niggers on twitter. You have the right to express your opinion but only as long as they please everybody.

US is about freedom of trade. they give zero shits about any other kind of freedoom.

Social repercussions are different from outright legislation against so-called "hate speech", and there's really no way to really get rid of them.

>>free speech
>enjoy being fired

Free speech =/= freedom from consequences.

Freedom of speech guarantees that you won't be arrested for an opinion and nothing else

It's just American speak for "shoo nigger".

>From my experience, speaking Russian can't get you in trouble anywhere in Europe proper
A few weekends ago there were a group of Russians in Shoreditch speaking really loudly and swearing in Russian in the supermarket. I wanted to murder them.

Also most of those "lithuanian" labourers have names like igor, yevgenij and vitalij

What's wrong with squatting on the street 2 am? At that time you're not even in anyone's way.

You seem cool to me. I also enjoy visiting fucked up areas.
wouldsquatwith/10

>I also enjoy visiting fucked up areas.
Your entire country is fucked up

But it isn't, my friend. :^) It's a veritable paradise compared to the UK. I just read Trainspotting, do these kinds of places still exist?

Oh well.

On one hand, swearing out loud is bad in any hood is bad manners.

On the other hand, they did swear and you did want to murder them but you did nothing to them.

In fact, I've seen more badly educated Polish in London than Russians. Most Russians I get to communicate with in the UK are highly qualified and well paid software engineers and they tend to pay much more respect to your culture than I do.

Oh piss off. NZ is hardly much better than Aus.

>itt
American:Noone can beat me up. We have freedom here.
Russian: I can beat up anyone, we have freedom here.

Brits have chavs, we have gopnicks, in SA they have zef, what do you guys have?

Although I don't think I'll ever feel like flying that far away from my motherland I'm curious about how regular people live in Australia lad.

How the hell would I know

You haven't been to Bayswater which is full of disgusting rushin nouveau riche bydlo. I much prefer Poles.

It really is though.

>what do you guys have?
urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bogan

Well I've never really lived in big cities, so I don't know much about the culture there. But in the country we just have bogans. Kind of like rednecks. They'll drink copious amounts of beer and/or rum, drive around in utes and shoot kangaroos and road signs. If they're into illegal shit they'll manufacture meth in their sheds.

I have a friend from Sydney who says they have chav equivalents called lads.

It's more explaining why things are the way they are

Bogans.

Uneducated, violent, poor, bad relationships with substances, EXTREMELY patriotic.

Kinda like an American redneck only they're from the suburbs of cities.

We have something similar to chavs as well, we call them "lads" or "eshays"

Because "on the streets" is an expression meaning you're homeless. Google "Playing on the street" and you'll find similar results.

Man, I absolutely going to all these places you've mentioned next time I'm in London. All that nice tourist magnets are fenced by the time I'm done with what I do and get there anyway.

How do I go about taking photos there though? The company would buy me another phone when I'm back home but I don't feel like doing without citymapper in London for a week. Do they mug people there if they see something more expensive than a hundred quid or can you walk around and take pictures as if you were around that hotel you have by the Tower of London?

In my experience Bogans who live in the bush are just called Rednecks.

What a colourful and dynamic language

Nobody gives a fuck about these laws, I don't understand the Americans in the thread perpetuating this. Kids wander outside all the time, and if police were riding around looking for people littering or who might potentially litter, we wouldnt have so much litter. If you want to drink outside you put it in a paper bag.

Then again I'm white and live near NYC.

>drinking in paper bag like in the movies

This shit really works? It's more obvious than drinking without it

Don't look down on them, they are your compatriots. We have that stupid tradition here, too. I speak enough English to shitpost on Sup Forums and I don't do anything meaningful with my life and the rest of my country is populated by vatniks. Gross.

Yeah I think they are pretty much synonymous. I would only really use redneck to refer to full on outback farmers in Queensland or something like that though. I'm from country Victoria and bogan seems to be the go.

Oh I don't look down on them, many of my childhood friends are bogans. They are great people if you understand them and don't expect too much.
>tfw too intelligent to be a bogan

It's because we don't want lesser people hanging around stores or other areas causing trouble. If they want to hang around somewhere, they should go to a park or something. If I saw in front of the store, I would assume they were going to rob the store or steal someone's wallet

Yeah exactly, but you see it in the city so I assume it works.

>tfw too intelligent to be a bogan

That. I wouldn't say 'intelligent' though. They are intelligent, they're just intelligent in somewhat different way. But I think I understand what you mean.

I kinda look down on them, if you don't believe in God and you don't believe in yourself, usually you end up believing in your country. I think that's how this super zealous nationalism starts.

Personally I just try to do awesome shit and make something of my life, and what "those fuckin' moslim cunts" do has very little bearing on my life. I don't seek to preserve the way Australia used to be, I just try to be the best bloke in the joint.

I think it's a deep seeded self esteem thing 2bh

Loitering is basically the illegal act of existing while not spending money

I got stopped by a cop once in a semi rural area walking home from work with a king brown.
> mate, you can't drink in the street
> is it true you can do it if you get a brown paper bag?
> nah mate, that's just an American thing
> next day, pic related

I usually have some Campari in a Starbucks cup.