Basically Gold Soundz is the best song of the 90s right

Id agree

you mean all time
play this song at my funeral boyz

well i can agree that pavement is almost the best band from the 90's

Range Life as well.

>almost

Pavement IS the best band from 90s

Pavement is the best band, Guided by Voices came close but they are not as consistent, Modest Mouse could have been but they only made 3 albums in the 90s.

and MM kinda sold out

hello pitchfork drone. jk I love that song, and I've been on a huge pavement binge the last 2 days. Nothing like Pavement when it's 100 degrees outside

Yeah, Good News was really good but it's when their music started taking a dip in quality
Also check'd

my first quads

>almost

They're second to Built to Spill, so yeah.

>tfw i forgot about Built to Spill
kill me

I dare to say it's the best song of all time

built to spill have nothing on pavement

It's:

1. Royal Trux
2. Pavement

Which insanely where the first two Drag City releases.

Pavement are great, but they've never release anything on the level of Perfect From Now On

gonna have to disagree there man sorry

yeah me too. BTS where twee and insufferable. Pavement where aloof and witty.

>twee and insufferable
nailed it

Pavement are so influential that it spawned a whole generation of kids trying to be in a slacker band

I mean a lot of people (including Mark E. Smith) would say Pavement where a huge Fall ripoff.

what? they dont even sound alike

well slanted and enchanted did, but that was it

Mark E. Smith came right out and said it. I think Malkmus even acknowledged it.

When the early stuff was coming out it was a pretty common critique.

"It's just like music when you reckon it up. It's like, listening to Pavement, it's just the Fall in 1985, isn't it? They haven't got an original idea in their heads." -Mark E. Smith

what Fall album is that noisy and lofi? i just listened to Hex Enduction Hour and This Nation's Saving Grace. i really liked them

None, because they are not that similar

I just downloaded their entire discography and the deluxe edition copies the other day. What album should I start on?

Go chronological

Start with Crooked Rain. If you like the lo-fi/noisy parts go to Slanted and Enchanted next. If you like the clean instrumental listen to WZ

Well they are really close

You can hear the influence in malkmus's vocals more than anything else. Like in that one the fall song where he's chanting "get up! Make a bond!" or something like that.

fucking BTS couldn't even release anything of that level afterwards, they literally changed their sound and made the perfect album and weren't able to top themselves after that.

If kid a had come out a year earlier I might think differently but pavement are definitely he best of the decade

Listen to crooked rain first. If you liked the more traditional, serious songs then go to brighten the corners. If you liked the noisier parts go slanted and enchanted. From slanted and enchanted go to wowed zowee

ya gotta have a decent ear for both Pavement and The Fall, but you'll find this to be very true (and Pavement doesn't deny it)

are you a goofball?

If you liked the noisier parts listen to
Westing (By Sextant and Musket)