postmetakolsti.tumblr.com/post/93431295505/300-words-i-wrote-about-yeezus
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's his best desu

that's not tlop

No that would be graduation

nah its graduation

trips of truth

one of his best. graduation is the worst

Fuck no, it's his second best and Roses is still the best song he's put out to date.

Roses isn't even the best song in the album

Fuck yes roses

this

eveything else besides College Dropout, Late Registration, and Yeezus can go die in a fire

808s > Yeezus > TCD > LR >WTT > Graduation > TLOP > MBDTF

This is his best album

808's > LR > TCD > MBDTF >>> TLOP > Graduation > Yeezus

>Yeezus being listed as the worst
>MBDTF being listen as the worst
You both have shit taste, here's the correct list:
MBDTF > Yeezus > TCD > LR > 808's > Graduation > TLOP

BUT THATS FUCKING WRONG

Nice b8

Give me your list then user

Yeezus>>>>MBDTF>LR>CD>808s>TLOP>Grad

All are at least 7/10 tho. On a Scaruffi-type scale. On a p4k-type scale they're all at least 8.5s. Yeezus is a true 10/10 eternal masterpiece. MBDTF is a top 10 hip hop album. LR and CD are classic hip hop albums. 808s, Graduation, and TLOP are solid albums but not on the same level as the others.

Unpopular opinion: It's my least listened to Kanye album by far, and I do love this album.

WHO THE FUCK IN THEIR RIGHT MIND CALLS YEEZUS HIS BEST 10/10 ETERMAL MASTERPIECE BOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IF YOU DONT

yeezus is interchangeable with mbdtf but everything else seems in order

this is a respectable list as long as you can switch between Yeezus and MBDTF like said

this desu

Graduation over TLOP. Besides that I agree.

It was alright but this brought it to a whole nother level

Purely musically I like MBDTF the same as Yeezus but desu in a completely subjective personal sense Yeezus is like a piece of literature for me it blew my mind when I first heard it and it still does. Not, like, sonically. I get that Kanye is similar to Radiohead in that he's best at taking existing innovation and curating it and he hasn't done much actual original experimentation. But just in terms of all the metamodern storylines and meta-narratives. To me it's the truest postmetamodern art ever conceived. It's Hamlet, whereas MBDTF is like Julius Casear or something.

we can all at least agree that TLOP was the biggest letdown experienced in a while
everything from the release fuck ups to the over hype to the slow realization that its high notes didnt excuse its shit lows made it just depressing
those ultra light beams are still god tier though desu

For me, I loved MBDTF right since the first listen, from start to finish. I honestly didn't even like Yeezus at first and thought it was garbage. Took me a couple listens to realize how good it actually is, but I can see where you're coming from.

Dude what the fuck are you on? I honestly want to know so I can get some.

postmetakolsti.tumblr.com/post/93431295505/300-words-i-wrote-about-yeezus

Jesus, you are dense for someone into literature. You’re thinking on the surface level. You’re thinking, “If Kanye says something that comes across as clever or insightful, it’s deep.” But that’s such a pre-modern way to look at art. The way he interacts with the listener, building and subverting metamusical expectations, commenting on multiple metamusical, sociopolitical and personal subjects with single lines is brilliant. What work has played jump rope with the line between irony and sincerity as effectively as Yeezus? From the opening seconds of On Sight, to the chorus of I Am A God, to the final spoken sample of Bound 2, no other work of any medium has worked with such an ambiguity of awareness of its context. I’m not saying Yeezus is brilliant because it showcases great technical compositional proficiency or especially novel aesthetic innovations (though autotuned Chief Keef, Justin Vernon, ’80s guitars and trap beats have never been fused so artfully), I’m saying its ability to project outwardly from itself and work in a space so self-aware (yet somehow sometimes simultaneously ham-handedly solipsistic) that it shatters any post-post-modern dichotomy between affectation and sincerity sets it apart from other works of art. The whole album skips back and forth over the “is this dude serious?” line, only for Bound 2 to answer with a resounding “we have no fucking clue.” Where the recent metamodernists have decided that continual sinusoidal oscillation between critical points of intense sincerity and irony is a valid solution to the nihilism inherent in extreme postmodernity, Kanye instead manipulates for the oscillation of the listener’s perception rather than affecting a self-defeatingl y earnest oscillation of himself. In this way, Yeezus can be seen as a work of meta-metamodernism. To call the album “ahead of its time” would be a vast understatement.

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy is Kanye's Led Zeppelin IV
808s and Heartbreak is his Unknown Pleasures
Yeezus is his Filth

thanks for the new pasta material

>.tfw you dont know if serious or not

MBDTF > College Dropout > Graduation > Yeezus = Late Registration > WTT = TLOP > 808's

808's is not good you tards

Why all the hate for graduation? The highs are some of his best work and the lows are at least decent.

old blog post by a music blogger on wordpress

however applicable

808's might not be good but it's definitely not worse than the trainwreck known as TLOP

oh come on
even though these rankings are wrong theres no ye album thats not good
they are all at least 6.5/10

There are enough quality songs on TLOP to excuse the filler imo. There was more filler in MBDTF (though the highs were better in MBDTF so I'm not saying TLOP >MBDTF or anything, but it's not a bad album by any means.

~9/10 = mbdtf + yeezus
~8/10 = late registration college dropout
~6/10 = pablo, 808s, graduation

old blog post by me on tumblr, actually

(it's actually a literature blog and this is just something I wrote as a monologue for one of the characters in a novel)

but nah I legit believe that

why do you guys consider WTT a Kanye album?

You're all a bunch of dumb fucking cunts.

MBDTF>808'S>Yeezus>Graduation>LR>Dropout>TLOP

>Why is this so hard to understand

>caring about muh flow muh full album experience
Holy shit
TLOP is a collection of really good songs, what more can you ask for?
It's the digital age grandpa. The album era is over. You can listen to albums in any order you want

what was the filler on MBDTF?

808s is 10/10. Get your ears checked, faggot.

Honestly MBDTF=Graduation=Yeezus. They're all 10/10s

So freshman adjustment and I'm good are his two best albums
>LR is better than CD
Hahahahs no

>liking incoherent albums with no direction

1st of all post better memes, u fkin chode.

2ndly TLOP is way fking better thn fking Graduation

u know u gonna be on Pablo's dick - get @ me, flex nuts

>albums
Albums are dead
Go listen to Sgt Peppers or Dark Side of the Moon dad

>College Dropout being this low
>Late Registration being better than College Dropout
>808's being that high

while I agree with the general post-structuralist death of the author listen to what you want how you want attitude, there is something nice about a greater-than-sum-of-parts album's album like MBDTF or Yeezus or 808s. But you're right that sometimes it can get annoying and overdone.

Tlop has a lot of call backs

I like that

Well okay all of the lights (interlude) and Who Will Survive in America are the only real filler tracks but Gorgeous and Blame Game are pretty shite so I included them.

Put down the thesaurus son

its a disjointed album and it will be judged by its rockiness
it was released as an album

I once got a blowjob while smoking a blunt and Gorgeous was playing so I have the ultimate authority to say that Gorgeous is the best

>better memes
Implying there are "good" memes.
Memes are used for passive aggressiveness and shitposting, and that's it.
>TLOP is a good album
Jesus Christ

And don't forget the last half of Runaway.

the vocoder solo was the peak of the album you illiterate fuck

Get out of here with your rational thought, you dumb fucker. Kanye is about emotion. Fuck YOU. I bet you know Taylor Swift. You are a dick.

>not bumping Red
why deprive yourself of something just because its popular

Gorgeous is the best song in the album you double edged nigger

But that's not Devil In A New Dress, user.

the worst one of his awful discography

what the fuck are you talking about?

Are you one of those "Real hip hop""Hopsin is the best rapper alive" fag

Go fuck yourself, I die for my colors.

MBDTF > LR > College Dropout >>> Graduation > Yeezus >>>> dog shit >>> 808s >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> TLOP

DID THE MAN WHO INVENTED COLLEGE

Can't understand what I mean?????? Read it again, then again, and maybe purchase the companion guide on Amazon you stupid fuck. $9.98. Fuk u.

No, I just don't consider hip-hop music at all. As long as niggers were introduced to samplers, they threw away all the real instruments and that's what we have now.

Shut the fuck up - my little brother plays trumpet, I play the trombone - we're called the Brass Boys - who do you think you are - I bet your dad is a bad person

Why are you even on this thread then?

That's a natural on Sup Forums

shit contrarianism

>not liking mbdtf
kys senpai

Then why you got in a hip hop thread

How did three of his albums got on 500 top albums by RS?
I guess we should expect him in Rock and Roll Hall of Fames in two years or so?

holy jesus christ

MBDTF>LR=CD>Yeezus>808s>Graduation=TLOP>WTT

this is objective btw

>They threw away all the real instruments
One of the biggest rap albums of the 2015 was basically a jazz album with raps over it

I cannot believe you didn't think to predict my cat had gotten dead today. My feelings are hurt, and I hope that makes you feel like a dick. People like (You) are the reason why I dropped out of school. The next time I rub my face on the cement wall, I'll think of you, Dr. Faggot.

good album but yea i agree. i was so excited for it you don't even understand

I dunno, I'm one of the few who didn't really like Yeezus. I'm not even trying to fuck around here, maybe I didn't like the beats or the lyrics but I can't listen to Yeezus back to back. That is what brought me down to the bottom so when I heard Pablo that's what brought me back up again.

I wanna be like the cool kids and find what's there in Yeezus but the only songs I like are literally "On Sight" and "Bound 2", and that's it.

Pablo I can easily listen to constantly and it's frustrating knowing I'm going left when it appears everyone else is going right.

This. I didn't even know people were shitting on Graduation until I came to Sup Forums. I had no problems listening to any of his albums until Yeezus.

STOP hiding behind cartoons. I haven't watched one since I was 4. Sometimes - in the hard knocks life - you just gotta get up & get out. I'm so frustrated right now. Way to rile me up before bed.

I hope you drink a lotta water and tomorrow have to pee a ton, and it makes your day shitty.

Sincerely, a mad lib. Because that's all you've ever been able to understand.

Dickbreath.

>staying up that weekend waiting for it to finally release after the MSG show

dont remind me

it's okay user everyone has different tastes you don't need to like what everyone else does

I think The Life of Pablo's release may be the worst album rollout in history.

Thanks, user. Like I said, it's frustrating. It's like everyone likes this album and I'm trying to see it too but I can't, it's like wading through a gold mine blind.

Fuck you it's a near masterpiece.

Wow, that's great! Do you think it's gonna be a new trend in modern hip hop?
>My ass it would

Masterpiece of shit that is

so disappointing

Since Kanye is shit, nothing he produces can be any better than shit