Why is nardwuar so good at exposing hacks and frauds in the music industry?

why is nardwuar so good at exposing hacks and frauds in the music industry?

youtube.com/watch?v=jbYRsU4FHaQ
youtube.com/watch?v=bTZvZ4DThoc
youtube.com/watch?v=jrM-ehPsDY4
youtube.com/watch?v=E92qnnRlQ2w
youtube.com/watch?v=7WMnXg6GEmU
youtube.com/watch?v=W_14K0XgT_Q
youtube.com/watch?v=AkNvk2MgiCc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fetTQil8Bjg
youtube.com/watch?v=UL8PuPjYdyk
youtube.com/watch?v=ilKuJOe2goA
youtube.com/watch?v=4li6a_9P3y4
youtu.be/bTZvZ4DThoc?t=373
youtube.com/watch?v=n9gN_Krim7M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>not posting the Sonic Youth interview where they're total snobby 2cool4u cunts

1 job OP

oh yeah forgot about that one

there's also the henry rollins one but i think his later interview sort of made up for that.

man a lot of those artists actually have some very shit taste they keep to themselves

also whens he gonna review death grips??

Add Sonic Youth to the list of hacks

The interview Nardwuar did to the Butthole Surfers is absolutely hilarious

Also Kid Cudi

Fool literally just walked out midway

Edgelords and industry plants don't know what to do when they get jumped by the pure optimism that is The Nard

Holy shit the comments on the strokes video are fucking cringe

edgy artists can't into nardwuar, exposing them

>tfw Nardwuar will never break into your last.fm and RYM accounts and present you with an embarrassing but endearing album you loved years back

I just hate the theme song... So annoying. The Lydia lunch interview is possibly my fave.

>When you joined the band did you realize how down with hip hop he was?
>That's stupid
>What do you mean?
>That's a stupid question
Jesus, Travis, what a fucking hack. No sense of humor.

i love the theme song. fucks wrong with u nigga

Not watching all of these, explain what he says to expose them.

>do my homework for me

Honestly, for as serious of people the three of them appear to be, I'm sure the Nard could get some laughs out of them. Zach is easily the one who let's his guard down the most in interviews, but maybe that's why they'd never do the interview. Though they all clearly know how to have fun, as seen in various photos of the group.

In what way was Grimes exposed?

She was stoned during the interview

why is his face slightly disproportionate

he's canadian

He got kicked in the face by a horse as a young lad, wew.

I feel as though that doesn't prove that someone's a hack, perhaps a stain on someone's professionalism

Wiz Khalifa is always high and was high during his interview as well
youtube.com/watch?v=fetTQil8Bjg

Bump

remember when Nardwuar got that stroke earlier this year and nobody he interviewed gave a shit?

Don't forget the Mars Volta interview where both Cedric and Omar are tripping balls
That interview is funny as fuck btw, definitely a must-watch for Nardwuar

And Wiz Khalifa is a hack so point proven

The Mudhoney interview is cozy as fuck.

wheres the one interview where I think he's doing it with a rapper and the guy gets really pissed at nard about not letting him have some of the gifts

that was pussy ass nas
youtube.com/watch?v=UL8PuPjYdyk

4.25 is the best Nardwuar moment
youtube.com/watch?v=ilKuJOe2goA

cringing hard here

I know you didn't include it, but I still don't get why Joan Jett was such a bitch to him.

Fuck off. Nardwuar exposed Grimes as a very nice person and a real artist. Your hate is showing.

What I like about watching Nardwuar is seeing how in the 90's people were expected to have a total "I'm too good for you" attitude towards media people.

You were probably considered very lame if you didn't.

Yet he 'still cannot 'expose his mom molesting him. #thehumanserviette

go back to your containment thread loser

You're the actual loser for not accepting a different opinion.

>Oh shit a different opinion
>Better react with hostility!
dude

grimes is a fraud, as a fanboy you should accept that instead to defend muh waifu's honor

freak

>not posting the slipknot one where the sperg gets mad and storms off

that's the point mate, the whole character is annoying as fuck, his damn voice too, the theme tune just kind of encapsulates that

I don't defend her honor; this shit is in your head. I just stated some obvious things: the op put her on that list of hacks and frauds and I said he's wrong.

>grimes is a fraud
Prove it.

>freak
(You)

the media encouraged and rewarded it, nard was smart to leverage that

Oh you like totally stole the show
Fuck off
>inb4 you are just a waifufag blah blah

>samefagging

nardwaur is a fucking faggot

These idiot haters always, ALWAYS use stupid tactics like calling the Grimes fans waifufags.

You didnt post it either, retard mongoloid retard dumbass.

No. You're still a loser.

Grimezsz= marcel marceau + lady gaga = zzz.

>grimes is a fraud
>Prove it.
watch the video

>hater
hahaha

>photon

you = autist + neet + dumbass = zzz

Hey hey ease off him shithead

Indeed, your problems with your moms and stalking her butt, are sleepinducing.

>watch the video
I watched it. I don't see any fraud. She's always like that on her interviews.

Explain exactly why.

>said that while posting anime shit
That's rich.

why are grimes fans getting so angry itt lmao

none of the other acts had this reaction, only hers

Grimes is a graphic artist who got lost, and now thinks she's a composer. Resulting in her being little else than advertising fodder.

I'm gonna pump a big thick wad of cum up your mom's ass tonight kid

Nas wasn't pissed off about the shit. He got annoyed with Nardwuar who kept running over his questions and didn't stop when he tried to get a word in edgewise

Truedat

>I watched it. I don't see any fraud.
it's cus you've deluded yourself into thinking she isn't a fraud, that's what fanboys do, you can't be reasonable anymore when it involves the "artist" you are fanboying

it's true

t. not a huge grimes fan

youtube.com/watch?v=4li6a_9P3y4

She wasn't stoned, she was fucking rolling face on MDMA.

>hating on animes

>and now thinks she's a composer
But she's a composer. She composes music = she's a composer. It doesn't matter if she knows music theory or not, the end result counts.

>Resulting in her being little else than advertising fodder.
Your conclusion is completely wrong. Just in case you don't know, these are her skills:
- singer
- songwriter
- producer
- sound engineer
- lyricist
- live performer
- visual artist
- music video director
- dancer
- model

How many artists (especially female, besides Bjork & Kate Bush) do you know with all these skills?

sia

>the trans plants

literally who?

Also, that Lunch interview! Holy Jesus that was bad.

Sonic Youth might be the worst though.

Your argument is a complete fallacy. In that interview she behaves like she usually do = there's no fraud. She doesn't pretend to be something she's not.

Also your profile is exactly described here: >She's pretty hard to attack from a musical point of view, so most haters choose the easy way, ad hominem attacks to her appearance and her fanbase. Tbch I never saw a real argument why her music sucks. Not even once.

Prove me wrong. If you're still continuing with ad hominem attacks like a dumbass, I'm going to ignore your shitty posts.

No producer. At least on her solo albums.

Discarded.

I don't get it i watched the strokes interview and the worst i could say about them was they seemed a bit to uncaring. How does that mean they are in anyways talentless? Then again the first comment doesn't give me much hope as it leads me to believe nardwuar fans conflate having an undesirable personality with lack of musical talent making, which is a shame since he is a good interviewer.

The dream

>caveat
yawn.

LMAO GRIMES ADMITS TO SHOOTING GUNS
BUT RANTS ON TWITTER HOW SHE'S ANTI-GUNS
WHY IS SHE SUCH A liar

The producer credit is the most important to Grimes. It the thing she's the most proud. So, it's essential in that list.

because liberals are all liars

First, chill down (m/f)aggot.

>LMAO GRIMES ADMITS TO SHOOTING GUNS
Source?

why'd you hate on grimes and strokes based on those interviews? both seemed fairly pleasant

youtu.be/bTZvZ4DThoc?t=373

The thing is that trolls should step up their game. So far I've seen only childish shitposting passing as arguments. Attacking her appareance and fanbase is pointless and doesn't do any favors to you. Are you serious trolls or you're just memesters shitting yourselves?

Did you pay attention to the context? WHEN that happened?

shes an drug addict :)

She likes shootings.

>It doesn't matter if she knows music theory or not

Weak, kids.

literally nothing wrong with the Strokes one. Being literally the world's most popular band at that time probably tires you the fuck out

is there grimes internet defence force on Sup Forums

youtube.com/watch?v=n9gN_Krim7M

Yes, indeed.

It matters only that she did that great music. You listen to her music, not the music theory. In the same way you don't give a fuck if whoever designed Android knew all programming languages or what they ate last night. You just appreciate the product.

too bad she doesn't do great music :(

Mozart improvised his compositions. In order to improvise, you need to know all your theory. Mozart is the staple for; "the composer". The end.

>these are her skills:
congratulations

your waifu is the equivalent of tyler the creator

Shame she's not very good at a lot of them

Fuck, I actually like Teenage Jesus And The Jerks but Lydia Lunch is really a complete retard. I really think the band would've been nothing without James Chance.

Oh, come on. I'm not that guy and I'm not looking for a discussion about if Grimes' music is authentic and actually important but comparing her to Bjork and/or Kate Bush is stupid. She can be good or bad, but comparing her to some of the greatest pop artists of the past 30 years makes you seem dumb.

>In order to improvise, you need to know all your theory.
False. These are just artificial constructs. There's no right or wrong way to do music. There are people right now that appreciate music that consists of basically random pink noise.

You can improvise by knowing shit about music. It's up to people if they LIKE your music or not. SUBJECTIVITY.

(You)

Those that are supposed to know about music (critics) think she's making great music. Same for many listeners and fellow artists. The consensus is that Grimes is great.

>SUBJECTIVITY
But if a song is well composed or badly composed isn't subjective. If you like listening to it or if you think it sounds good is subjective.

How did you draw your conclusion? Tyler the Creator is just a talentless hack with a big mouth.

>le grimeth defener

Average fan everybody