Hip hop listener here. Just finished listen to this and im not impressed at all...

Hip hop listener here. Just finished listen to this and im not impressed at all. I kept hearing how this was the pinnacle of indie rock and its really bland
thought modest mouse and pavement is much better than this shit

am i missing something?

>>am i missing something?

Good taste

It's the Led Zepplin IV of indie rock music; people either really love it or really hate it

not really. I mean, it can be a fun album to put on at parties or whatever, cause everyone knows it, but it's not by any means great

I agree with this user

I love it but I think that may be because it was a big thing for me growing up, I'm not sure how much I'd love it if I heard it for the 1st time now.

>I kept hearing how this was the pinnacle of indie rock

lmfao from who this is trash for teenage girls

I'm just kinda "eh" about it personally

>modest mouse and pavement
>op is literally deaf

Rock listener here. I agree.

Never really understood the hype around The Strokes.

The premise is that it's supposed to be generic and not accomplish anything profound but be really solid on all fronts

Personally I just couldn't get on board with it. Maybe I need things to be different to be enjoyable.

Pavement examplifies that idea better IMO but I still get why some people wouldn't give a crap about pavement

>bunch of diapers who were 5 when The Strokes were playing trying to dissect ITI

lmao

im 22 m8

>who were 5 when
I was 15 tho

I mean... It's garage rock. It wasn't even fresh when it came out. But it was extremely influential, allowing bands like The White Stripes, The Vines, The Hives, The Kings of Leon, The Arctic Monkeys, the Killers etc.. to become popular.

lol so you was 7

I don't get this album. Angles and come down machine is way better. t b h. Angles was also the first album frim them i listend

it's a good indie rock pop album

but it's by no means the pinnacle of it

ahah holy shit, for a music board you guys are plebs

This album is massively overrated t b h

>Hip hop listener here

>Hip hop listener here

you're not entitled of having an opinion

It's by no means a masterpiece or the pinnacle of anything, it was just a new sound that everybody jumped on. Surrounded about the hype of their second album, I went back and listened to it and really enjoyed it. I can understand why people hype it, but don't think the masterpiece mindset is good while listening to it; -- or any album for that matter. Go back to it in a while.

Tl;Dr go back to it after a while

>Hip hop listener here.
Stopped reading there

>if music is sufficiently old you're not allowed to have an opinion about it

I'm so sorry you're 30 and have the taste of a highshcool girl

>Hip hop listener here

Whoever told you this is the pinnacle of indie rock is a fucking idiot. This is the Bud Light of indie rock.

Check out Broken Social Scene's LP 'You Forgot It In People' from 2002.

THIS ALBUMS IS GREAT FUCK ALL OF YOU

Samefag

sorry for you but nope

Rock listener here. Just finished listen to this and im not impressed at all. I kept hearing how this was the pinnacle of hip-hop and its really bland
thought literally anything is much better than this shit

am i missing something?

No
Musically it's also a rip off of Marquee Moon which is like 1000x better and much less bland

>Is This It
>new sound
wew lad
Read a history book

Listen to it again. If indie rock isn't even the genre you're used to listening to often, how are you going to get everything the album has to give in one go?

Is This It is anything but bland, the whole album is back to back beautiful melodies (oftentimes with counterpoint) and great musicianship, regardless of whether the record is original or not it is well composed.

If by pinnacle you mean nadir then yes, yes it is the nadir of indie music.

Literally ruined 2000s indie music on its own.

fpbp