Is there a such thing as a 100% female electronic artist that is good? There are a lot of mediocre ones...

Is there a such thing as a 100% female electronic artist that is good? There are a lot of mediocre ones, but every great one seemed to be a dude at one point.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pZ6viB_htwE
youtube.com/watch?v=hHoVNMjnlQg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Vicki Bennett

Holly Herndon
Bjork
Julia Holter
Laurel Halo

B J Ö R K
J
Ö
R
K

Yukari/Aseul

DUDE I HAVE NO MUSICAL ABILITY SO I AM GOING TO SLOW DOWN AN 80S POP SONG AND CALL IT MY OWN LMAO

Björk and St Vincent's later albums are really good

Machine Girl

are there any groups/solo artists in noise that are female-only?

st vincent falls more under the umbrella of rock music. still great though

Vektroid

>she

Fuck off right to tumblr you fucking degenerate piece of shit. This board is Sup Forums v2. So stay away from my board.

Shithead.

Delia fuckin' Derbyshire!

I guess both mostly rock with electronic elements?

>

Nina Kraviz bangs m8

He didn't even call her a she. In fact, he was implying that Wendy/Walter Carlos wasn't really a woman. Take some reading comp classes

annie gosfield is female, extremely talented and makes electronic music

>he took the b8

come on m8

nahoko kakiage

This tbqhwya

Machine Girl is a guy, you absolute fucking spastic.

>that short period where nin was a dude. Hahahahahaha. Daisy... Daisy...give me your answer soon.

bjork has to thank the thousands of producers that helped her (and theywere all male). Without them, she would begging money on the street.

Ikue Mori

Else Marie Pade - Early electro acoustic composer and unlike most others her music is actually enjoyable to listen to. She is also Danish and cool as fuck, check out her Faust suite!

Is Grouper considered an electronic musician? She is great.

This.

She's ambient so yeah

I swear if any of you faggots say grimes

Came here to post this. How the fuck can OP even say that shit seriously when she exists?

Grimes

Molly Nilsson

Not true by the way.

Medùlla is a masterpiece premeditated and organized entirely by her, made with a lot of different vocalists, but organized by her.

Also remember what Matmos said about Vespertine and how they worked: they didn't touched anything that wasn't already worked by her, practically 80% of Vespertine is elaborated just by her, the resting 20% is refined by Matmos instead. Sexism is a common phenomenon afterall.

>laurel halo
>good

Ruth White

she's commented about this for years ffs, the producers just add the finishing touches they do nothing and yet get all the credit

Caroline K
Eliane Radigue
Laurie Anderson
Pauline Oliveros
>Dorito hair
>good

Fuck off with that meme

All of these. Thanks for giving me hope for Sup Forums again.

Also Ursula Bogner!

half of the GROUNDBREAKING female artist being quoted here are only noteworthy for being female - if they did exactly the same music as males they would be dismissed as boring and more of the same

e.g. Laurel Halo, Nina Kraviz, Yukari

you know this as well as i do

Men are better at details and using computers so it makes sense

haha lol ;p

this, Björk

see: Also, interview with Aphex Twin:

Interviewer: Speaking of more commercial artists both Madonna and Björk have asked to work with you, haven1t they?

RDJ: (laughing) Yeah, off course! They all want it!

Interviewer:What is the difference between the two of them?

RDJ: Björk's loads more interesting. A million times more interesting personality wise. Madonna is pretty normal, she is like a very famous "Sharon".

Interviewer: They seem to have a similar interest in picking young and upcoming artists to work with.

RDJ: Yeah, it's pretty similar. I can't guarantee it because I don't know her [madonna] so well, but knowing Björk though, I think she does it out of (pauses)... Björk is like a little girl in a sweets shop. She's like: "Oh I love this, I love this! I want this, I want this!" Madonna is more like brutal. Like: "These are trendy, I can keep myself young and modern if I use them!" You know? Björk got that as well obviously but her motivation is that she just loves the musicians and would love to work with them. She picks people that aren't really that famous.

kara-lis coverdale
youtube.com/watch?v=pZ6viB_htwE

>RDJ: (laughing) Yeah, off course! They all want it!
RDJ gets qt art pop pussy

youtube.com/watch?v=hHoVNMjnlQg

>madonna
>qt art pop pussy

talking bout Bjork there

we both know who that user was talking bout

Tujiko Noriko

Electronic music turns people gay