/daily/ - @yamir edition

Date

Listen to your library, show off your backlog, babble about new music, tell us what you've been listening to today and what you will listen to in the following month, do tourneys (unless if you're Jangle, in which case they will crash and burn), post memes, get your dick out for Harambe, talk about music, argue about opinions, fight with other generals, just let the good times flow.

neverendingchartrendering.org/
>topsters that actually works! GENIUS!

topsters.net/
>this link serves as a memorial

plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel
>shit gets hype but only when a lot of people participate

synctube.org/r/Some_dumb_synctube_channel
>plug for people who are cooler than cool

dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
>site with templates, OP covers, archive, & random stuff

discord.gg/s5Rv7zJ
>garbage, but fun garbage

Ask about our secret Skype group. It's a myth.

Most importantly, don't write reviews!

Previously, on /daily/:

Other urls found in this thread:

usadba-jazz.ru/sankt-peterburg-programma
youtube.com/watch?v=Nb0iIHkQpOc
bleep.com/release/73753-tristan-perich-noise-patterns
rateyourmusic.com/release/unauth/slew_dem/grimetapes_com__slew_dem_volume_one/
youtube.com/watch?v=ohdRK3uoPas
m.soundcloud.com/miner-monster/tuu-bii-tuu-tii
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for jumping the gun ya smark

>mfw i was creating a new thread with the junkcity comin

2nd for SJ is trash

post your music players again

b-but it hit the bump limit
whoops

next thread will be Jerkcity hopefully

I think I just might go and listen to Strawberry Jam, I have shit taste and nobody is going to stop me...

That picture is fucking great when you add more heads and shit

haha itunes amirite

>Ask about our secret Skype group. It's a myth.

You mean this?

Alternatives to Melvins?

suicide

Nirvana, u baby

Eyehategod

Not sure who made it desu so dunno if that request can be fulfilled.
:O
classic memesex man

wtf did I write tho???

But the real question IS: is there someone good in here?

usadba-jazz.ru/sankt-peterburg-programma

I could go but I don't wanna lose money for shitty jazz bands, pls answer fast because it's tomorrow.

foobar is pretty cool

Just got a new laptop so i'm transferring all my music over to it, but the biggest external drive i have is a 2gb flash drive. Life is suffering.

>Not transferring the files over network
u retarded

hey i'm back
i burned myself out, listening to too much shit in too little time
ill finish that shared chart whenever

Empire1 Empire1 I Was a Lonely Estate (shit band name to be honest) - What it Takes to Move Forward
Fucking awful, what appeal it would have from any textures or appealing melodies/rhythms created by the bass guitar, rhythm guitar or drums are sucked out by uninteresting and obnoxiously present noodly guitar riffs, shite singing and bad mixing... It sounds like they're trying to impress me, they aren't doing such a swell job.

nouns - Still Bummed
I kinda expected this to suck shit, it didn't
was about 80% more gruff than expected, which is to say, not very, but ever so slightly as to not feel emasculated for enjoying it, I think it might be the bombast and crunch of the instrumentation

what next?

Softies

tbla

Space Age Pop desu

youtube.com/watch?v=Nb0iIHkQpOc

hey, had to replace you on the tourney, will hold a spot next tourney if you're interested

thats cool dude, and yeah sure whenever that happens im down

What are you listening to today, /daily/?

Pick the best album(s) from pic related for a 2 hour car ride QUICK
or on this jazz chart Hiya, glad to have you back

Doopees and Doyle

I'm currently 6 discs deep into pic

DOOPEES

Ur right i am retarded. Transferring over network now. Thanks for convincing me to google it.

If you have strong enough router (antenna/band) the only limit will basically be your write speed in hard drive/ssd.,

Dude you don't have to force yourself. If you get burned out and don't want to meme then discuss other people's reviews

The Brain Police - s/t 1968

Was gonna post the cover but google image search had this guy in the results

awwww

>@yamir edition
why

all correct

bad

that's spaghetti

that's the joke

@cuck

>not frequenting discord

WAIT IS THE HYPOG POP GUY FROM LAST THREAD STILL HERE
I HAVE RECCCCCS

Cuck

Hello my lovely /daily/ boyz.

I'm back in Riga and in dire need of a good bleep album. Please give me one so I can make my alcohol-less girl-less laundry night a little bit more exciting.

Alright, it's a day late since I got more unexpectedly busy and honestly just tired of the last four weeks yesterday and decided to have some sleep for once. But anyway,

Folk My Shit Up: John Fahey Edition - Day 2

Death Chants, Breakdowns & Military Waltzes

In this one the main changes from before that I hear in Fahey's music outside the obvious i cleaner production is that there's more bluesy stuff going on, with a bit less classical influence. There's also what I think is folky chords/progressions that he's basing some of the parts off of? I am not sure, but they sound far more...weirdly exotic than the parts on his first album. This is something I'll need to do more research on. Either way it sounds cool though! Oh and When The Spring Time Comes Again; it has a certain phrase that I have heard on something else by Fahey by I can't remember what exactly.

So yeah overall a cool more bluesy with some sorta weird chords stuff with Fahey happening here.

3/5

So far:

John Fahey - Blind Joe Death: 3.5/5
John Fahey - Death Chants, Breakdowns & Military Waltzes: 3/5

(outside of Fahey)

Devo: No Wave Edition, also known as

The Coneheads - L.P.1. Aka 14 Year Old High School PC-Fascist Hype Lords Rip Off Devo For The Sake Of Extorting $$$ From Helpless Impressionable Midwestern Internet Peoplepunks L.P.

sandwell district - feed forward

thank you very much!

hmm

Yeah hey, this is 100% not cool

If anyone joins the group without speaking to me about it I will kick you so fucking hard, I don't care who you are. If you ask about the group I'll let you in but you can't just join, or just post a link to the group. That's why I post my own username instead of the group link.

That said, if anyone wants to join now, I'd be more than happy to work it out while I'm here.

>the musicians way, quotes, quips and words of wisdom
that is a nice touch

my copy of Heavier than a Death in the Family arrived in the mail today, the disc is so obviously bootlegged that it's hilarious also I love the fact that it says something to the effect of
>due to the sheer obscurity of the music that we reproduce, sometimes we regrettably are unable to contact the owner by the time we release a CD, if you are the owner, contact us, we'll totally give you money for it
half of the teeth holding the CD in place broke in the mail (as is often the case), somehow it still holds the thing in place
this is the most ghetto thing I've held in my hands ever

pics tomorrow? it's kinda late, anyway what've you purchased recently /daily/
still waiting on:
>Double Heads Boxset
>Escape From Noise
>Even Oxen

think I might buy something sunday in a store, it's been a while since I've had human interaction outside of my family and colleagues

don't do it!

>it's kinda late, anyway what've you purchased recently /daily/
well I just bought karenin's rec but I also got this before my flight
bleep.com/release/73753-tristan-perich-noise-patterns

looks like such a meme, excited to hear it

>Pharoah Sanders - Live at The East
I think I've finally found a jazz guy that I like. More of the same goodness that was in Karma, but this time it includes a drone track in Lumkili (or Memories of J. W. Coltrane, my download says one thing RYM says another). I like it a lot. 4/5

>Van Morrison - Astral Weeks
I didn't like it much at all. Sweet Thing was decent but I don't love his singing. The biggest thing though is the extra instrumentation. I sound like a broken record when talking about most chamber folk/pop but get yer extra shite out of my Folk. I've probably upset a few people with this but it's just one of those things for me, most of the time the strings and horns take away from the songwriting and just sound cheesy. 2.5/5

whoops

>>Van Morrison - Astral Weeks
>I didn't like it much at all.

that's why discord is better

Keep tellin yourself that bud. Hope you enjoy shitposting :^)

>Joseph Spence - The Complete Folkways Recordings 1958 (1992)
This is great Blues - Spence's vocalizations/singing really add a ton of color. A great record

Rolling

rateyourmusic.com/release/unauth/slew_dem/grimetapes_com__slew_dem_volume_one/

Thanks

>Alex G - Race
This is so good. Everything about it feels so real and genuine. I love all of the strange quirks that come out of nowhere. The contrast between the more subdued quiet parts and the explosive noisy guitar parts is fantastic. green diamond/10
Favorite Song: The Same (This is one of my new favorite songs of all time it's so good)
youtube.com/watch?v=ohdRK3uoPas

Brave Little Abacus - Masked Dancers: Concern in So Many Things You Forget Where You Are (shit album title by the way)
Y'know, this'd be a good album if the singer(s) shut the fuck up, there's enough going on texturally and dynamically in the instrumentation to support itself... Basically fuck the vocals, and fuck the fucking sampling, was that Japanese, what the fuck are you doing? It's not even like it's just a short sample either, it happens more than twice, and it's obnoxious each time
that horrendous animu grunt as well (you know the one if you've heard this) actually made me cringe hard.

The Softies - It's Love
I think a lot of the problem that I have with twee is that it often does little to deviate from the established formula of chorus guitar // Vocals, this is much the same but it's Just the guitar and vocals, it works, but it's really not that special

That's me for today, Goodnight and good luck, will do some tourney stuff in the morning

Hey welcome back. I'm glad to see you.
No worries about the shared chart. It's a whenever you feel like it kind of deal.

Nyar listen to Sweet Trip
Kthanxbye

if you hated the vocals on that one you obvs haven't heard discomfort lel

Nah
It's kinda groovy but it's not for me
I'd probably enjoy it at a party

:(

>Pharoah Sanders
>I think I've finally found a jazz guy that I like.

I threw up a little bit.

Sorry Darklands but i agree with the user that is quite the cringe. There are many Jazz guys who are just as good

Why did you throw up?

Anonymously meanposting :(

I don't really care desu, I haven't liked the little jazz I've listened to and he is the first one I've really loved.

vocs are worse on that album m8
reminds me of The Front Bottoms, only more eugh
Discomfort sure is less subtle if you spell subtlety like pic related, it's more cocksure on the mathy parts, which they don't really deliver on
also the electronic elements of it (and they are there) are totally un-neccesary and dumb

I've half a mind to remove the vocal track from this and see if it holds up

sorry darklands but if this is the first jazz guy you like then youre a @yamir

The synths reminded me of Jesper Kyd a lot. Maybe of Laurel Halo too, but hey it's minimal techno. The pummeling bass kick is nothing too mindblowing, but I really liked the atmosphere built up by shimmering synth sounds in the background. Pretty comfy.

I thought it was a very solid record that felt like wet pavement at 2 am and that is exactly how I'm feeling right now. Thanks Karenin.

That's okay, I'm comfortable with my taste in music.

Using a tripfriend's name as an insult: Rudi behaviour

Doing it anonymously: hampus behaviour

gaaaah fuck you and your finding of fahey stuff, i want that so bad...

I've only been able to find a tribute album (with a decent track from Sufjan, of all people) and the split he did with Kottke and Lang in person, the rest I've had to order.

Fish I am anxiously awaiting your Grand Mal onions.

you better fucking like I Don't Think I'm Ever Gonna Figure It Out bc that's like a top 5 elliott song.

oh slew dem kicks ass, nice pick.

I'm feeling edgy and sad fuck everything. I will release the Songs of Leonard Cohen impressions later. I'm hooked, he is amazing

>I'm feeling edgy and sad fuck everything
this might be the record for you rn

Nah i calmed down i tend to say stupid shit and get edgy but now i'm feeling normal. Btw you are very handsome Terminus. Most people on /daily/ are

Tetsu Saitoh - Stone Out (1996)
>chamber music

One of those albums that you need a few listens with to get fully accustomed to. I still have some major issues with it, but it definitely grew on me quite a lot. The major issue here is the production, without a doubt. It's not that anything here has been boosted higher than anything or buried so low into the mix you don't even know it's there, but this album definitely has a tendency to just put every instrument together into a mess of sound, and this is very obvious on tracks where the percussion gets the limelight. These moments with the complete waves of sound, hard to listen to as they may be, do definitely have aspects that I love, mainly when these waves are broken up into a swell of really pretty koto strumming or piano playing. While my major issue is the muddy production, I also have a few issues with the composition, a lot of time it just seems a bit too unfocused. I'm sure that this was the intent, but the very erratic start-stop dynamics just don't appeal to me that much. Despite all these complaints, the album really shines when one instrument is given the spotlight. The delicate koto playing; the beautiful, energetic piano; the stand-up bass taken to extreme limits (I can't help but draw comparisons to Arthur Russell when the bass starts getting more overdriven), whenever a single instrument is given the spotlight it starts getting really good. I don't dislike any aspect of this album, but it's very obvious to me what this album does well and what it does poorly.

oh me oh my only 8 albums left! thinking Olatunji Concert next. i'm saving Flynt for last.

and man this is the fastest i've ever gotten through a chart i think.

isn't he? have you heard Songs of Love and Hate yet? also still listen to it's a good album.

Btw I love you all guys :(

i love you too

Hey guys I'm new so I am going through a noob-friendly jazz chart this month.

I agree with you on Brand New, never really got why people liked it so much. Who is in the background?

Cluster is GOAT

I actually agree, I don't think the pop elements mix very well with him. The album is definitely overrated.

I don't understand the hype around Dinosaur Jr. It sounds like a confused record between Counting Crows and noise rock. What do you like about it?

Pharoah Sanders is pretty good at the least, why do you not like him?

There are some great stories on that album, do you have a favorite song?

>lists rows by letter
>columns are listed by letter
what

its still a pretty great chart, great jazz in it. nice opinions so far too

>part 1
nevermind lol

I love you too

ty bb

qt

Right yea it is a little confusing, there is a Part 2 but it seems like it was made to go after this one rather than completely horizontal across the rows.

m.soundcloud.com/miner-monster/tuu-bii-tuu-tii

Check out dis funny memo

And that's that

I just thought it was a really solid noise rock album with some groovy rhythmic stuff throughout. I don't really know why i like the sound of some noise rock more than others, but the guitar stuff on that album just sounded awesome. It's not super distorted the whole time so it makes the noise more impactful when it does come in. Also i really like the lead singers voice.

hey guess what

but why?

SUNN O)))
released a live album from the shows they played in russia
and it's so fucking good. possibly my AOTY, despite it's triple LP runtime. I am absolutely fucking DYING to see this band live now, and just that much more butthurt about levitation festival being cancelled in april.
Atilla totally commands, with weird strangulated growls, and some outright jumpscare style screams. SOMA and Greg have rarely sounded so good.
As good as Monoliths and Dimensions.

Lambchop is criminally underrated on this board. Why aren't you people listening to lambchop? Incredible songwriting, affecting lyrics, all in a gentle, somewhat bucolic package. Think Seven Swans dipped in warm chocolate, rolled around in crushed walnuts. no, wait! Crushed pecans!

this chart rules so far.
now what?

What

On Fire
always nice to see opinons on that one