When I listen to this album, I hear very little studio effects...

When I listen to this album, I hear very little studio effects, yet it still sounds much more "psychedelic" than its phaser and delay drenched peers such as Sgt Peppers and the like

Why is this? Did Brian achieve psychedelic music purely through writing? Or is it the bombastic tonal colors ?

I don't know but Sgt Pepper was better

Two of the tracks on Sgt. Pepper's are just a band tuning their instruments and a guy screaming. The only 10/10 tracks are A Day In The Life and She's Leaving Home. There are a few 9/10s, but the album is not as cohesive as SMiLE.

>tuning their instruments and screaming
Literally what?

How the fuck can you say that an album with fucking "When I'm Sixty-Four" is better than SMiLE?

Sgt. Pepper's and Reprise are actually the same track, but Reprise is sped up and made louder. All it is is Paul screaming and the orchestra tuning their instruments.

Smile is a compilation album that was made in a span of 40 years. The suite format wasnt Brian's idea and it was never intended to be like that.

Sgt. Peppers sounds pretty cohesive, I love the transitions between the first three songs.

What the fuck album did you listen to? 'Cause it wasn't Sgt. Pepper.

How exactly does one listen to an album that doesn't exist? Just listening to the demos?

when i'm sixty four is a great song

but smile is still better

You may be slightly retarded.

you know when you listen to music with the headphones just barely plugged in and you're not getting that full lush sound? that's what this album sounds like to me. and for someone who was obsessed with that wall of sound 50s and 60s music you'd think he would produce the fuck out of it.

this album is like drinking soda that lost its carbonation

>When I'm 64 is better than Cabin Essence, Wonderful, Heroes and Villains, Surf's Up, Good Vibrations, Do you like worms, Vega-tables

ahahahahhahahahhahahaahahhahaa

tfw you don't know if you'll ever find another album that works inside of you like SMiLE does.

Van Dyke Park's arrangements make SMiLE a far more engaging listen than the enjoyable, but often gimmicky pop songs of Sgt. Pepper's. He's just as much of a genius as Brian Wilson, and I will continue insisting that Song Cycle is a Pet Sounds-tier masterpiece.

Jump is better than Song Cycle

Is it just me or is this """"album"""" shit? Why does Sup Forums have such a boner for The Beach Boys?

Brian wanted to make a scary album.

Brian wanted to make an album that would make people SMiLE

Go to bed van dyke

Sup Forums likes to fantasy about being a misunderstood genius

Van Dyke Parks here, guys*