When I see how the US was in the 1950's and how it is now it genuinely makes me sad

When I see how the US was in the 1950's and how it is now it genuinely makes me sad.

Other urls found in this thread:

infoplease.com/ipa/A0873729.html
youtube.com/watch?v=XJ6zfN5iO9g
youtube.com/watch?v=DxyRoCGK2jk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's the same as it's always been, just the internet allows us to see the degenerate side of things.

It really isn't. In the 1950s you had the highest GDP per capita in the world and now you're 13th. Less and less are married. Americans used to get married at 20-22 now its 26-28. You lads even have metal detectors in your schools.

1) Ordinary Americans’ purchasing power was never higher, before or since: peak purchasing power

2) Wages continued to rise

3) Jobs were so plentiful that you could walk out of one, and the next day get a new job, and for most jobs you didn’t need a résumé; and you could house, feed, and educate a family on most jobs. Also, if you took a job you liked, you enjoyed every confidence you would work it until you’d retire comfortably on its pension and benefits. And millions of American teens and college students worked ample summer jobs, often menial jobs that taught solid virtues

4) Unprecedented numbers of ordinary Americans could and did afford one-family homes; and rents were also very affordable; and atop all that Americans socked away solid savings – the complete opposite of today’s spreading indebtedness, insolvency, and rash of bankruptcies. Up to about 1970, banks paid depositors 5% interest on deposits – try finding that rate today

5) College tuition was affordable – no one I’d heard of had taken out a loan to send their children to college

6) Pro sports were still a game. Yes, they were businesses, but no league would even think to hire criminals, or to pony up considerable sums to cover up players’ or coaches’ crimes or disgusting behavior. Even media of that time – as liberal as they were – maintained a probity that makes today’s media foulness and enforcement of p.c. (which has replaced genuine, cultivated virtue with a fascist code) look pretty awful

7) Movies and TV were not vehicles for smut or foul language

8) There was nothing of today’s burdensome, intrusive, obtrusive Anarcho-Tyranny

9) Everyone could and did speak freely, without fear of being penalized, because there were no Diversity Commissars or Social Media Shaming mobs. No one then was so “offended” by another’s speech that he telephone-summoned the entire neighborhood to mass en masse at the “offending” speaker’s home. And someone disciplined, punished, or fired for a speech “violation” was unheard of

10) The illegtimacy rates of Whites and blacks were much lower; and many more dads had jobs than dads have today

11) Schools (and media) had not yet become Indoctrination Gulags. Campuses were bucolic, safe whereon civilized and genuine free, open debate flourished. A well-rounded education in Western Civilization was the norm, and so was pride in America and in being American. Student misbehavior received well-deserved punishment – and the overwhelming majority of parents supported such condign punishment

12) Children – including high school students – were still regarded, rightly, as children, and not as “young people” with “something to say”; and no student of any race ever read aloud – or even in private silence – a pathetic ethnomasochist screed

>the 1950s you had the highest GDP per capita in the world and now you're 13th.
Only because oil states and Switzerland exists

13) The U.S. enjoyed massive positive balance of trade (a negative trade deficit would have had Americans up in arms), solid, steady economic growth, and widespread domestic prosperity; national debt was low, manageable, and still under control; and GDP per capita was (if I recall correctly) at an all-time high, as trade protectionism kept American industries humming and kept Americans employed

14) For all those liberal “The Sky Is Falling” books & films you listed, there were others that countered or refuted their doom-&-gloom: Strategic Air Command; A Gathering Of Eagles; The Great Escape; Ben-Hur; The Ten Commandments; The Alamo; The Robe; Mister Roberts; The Longest Day; & many more such

15) There was none of today’s nonstop saccharine worship, elevation, importation or imposition of inimical Third World “cultures”

16) Common courtesy was common; there was none of today’s knee-jerk indulgence in smearing, in contemptuous accusations of “hate” and “evil” and “Hitler”; and there was no such Orwellian thing as a “hate crime”

17) Americans enjoyed broad trust in one another, and Americans had faith in the future and faith in the affordability of attaining the American Dream through conscientious hard work: everything was Looking UP!

18) Standards held: there was no Affirmative Action absurdity or any other race-based set-asides or preferences – to get ahead one had to make the grade, had to show that one had the goods and could cut the mustard

19) Perpetual Adolescence was not the rule, but was the extreme exception. There were no Trekkies, no mohawks, no piercings or tattoos, no goth or zombie “lifestyles” – and, aside from some military men and veterans, anyone who wore a tatto or had any part of their bodies (except for women’s earlobes) pierced was rightly regarded as gutter trash to avoid, or as an oddball to be, at best, tolerantly humored

20) The overwhelming majority of adults didn’t enthuse about, or endlessly analyze, or even much discuss pop music, or follow the antics of pop group members, or jaw endlessly or ludicrously emulate pop stars or pop culture: adults had more important things to do with their minds and their time, and so did children. TV/mass media had yet to completely monopolize people’s attention, time, or energies

21) Appliances and other goods were often repaired or mended, often in the home (thrift was still a common virtue); or you took your shoes to the shoemaker, you took your radio or toaster to the appliance shop; much less was then disposable. Mending work employed millions, often in their own Mom & Pop shops

22) If you’d told someone in those days there’d be a multi-decades-long, multi-mega-billions of dollar taxpayer-funded War on Drugs because scores of millions of Americans would abuse God knows how many kinds of illegal and prescription substances, he’d have directed you to an asylum: “Why would Americans want to take illegal drugs?!”

23) Welfare was still an embarrassment; welfare rolls were much, much shorter; and the number of taxpayer-funded welfare programs you could count on the fingers of one hand

24) The middle class was large and growing; today’s rump middle class verges on extinction. The wealth inequality gap was much smaller than today’s vast wealth gulf – so too was the power gap smaller, and political power was far more balanced between the top and ordinary Americans. Our elites were note nearly so remote from or so alien to us as they now are, because they were still of us

25) Infrastructure was still growing: the Interstate Highway System became reality; the Verrazzano Narrows Bridge; the World Trade Center. Today infrastructure crumbles.

26) Last but not least: Americans were still 90% White and both Whites and blacks were overwhelmingly Christian – the Protestant Ethic held, but soon would perform its swan song. That much homogeneity was its own reward, its own most widely-ever shared blessing.

Compared to today, the 1950's and early 1960's were an American Paradise, a genuine Golden Age. By every measure of civilization – except those of improved appliances and today’s improved (though far more costly) medicine – for the largest proportion of Americans ever, those days had today beat by several parsecs.

>Less and less are married. Americans used to get married at 20-22 now its 26-28.
Good, marriage is a trap.
>You lads even have metal detectors in your schools.
Never seen one DESU, they're very rare

yeah but did they have memes?

We sold off almost all our assets in the states and Europe was in massive debt to them.
The shit irony is we own their pharmaceutical industry and that's shit for them and everyone globally.

>Americans enjoyed broad trust in one another
>infoplease.com/ipa/A0873729.html

hmmm the homicide rate back then was literally the same as it is now. really makes you think

The banks in London own something a like a 52% stake in the federal reserve.

Fortunately not

I kinda wish the spamming lad is Are autistic Riley.
I know it can't be but. Miss the old days.

Also large amount of serial killers came to light around that time.

The more things change, the more they stay the same

then why are you here nostalgia shill
go watch gomer pyle and relive the old times
youtube.com/watch?v=XJ6zfN5iO9g

When I say we. We don't own anything. Just based here.

Killing machines
youtube.com/watch?v=DxyRoCGK2jk

Reasons why I am trying to imitate the states
>first step, my flag
>senpainevernoticeme.webm
Now, I think you're just cuck'd by Jews and no longer a role model.

If women and men stick to their traditional roles, it will not become a trap.

Imagine how we (non-cucks) feel