Why does the majority of /mu hate on Black Metal?

It seems like everyone on this board (even on the /metal/ threads dislike Black Metal.

18+

Giv me some meems

come back in november

It's just reactive counter culture considering that black metal was the reason /metal/ even got started it makes sense that it's cool to hate it now.

Is that you?

i love it

idiot

Is jus a meem bro

Black metal is the best kind of metal.

Also this

Because /metal/ is cancer. Left that shithole a long time ago

No, this is.

why don't these say "my feet hurt" anymore?

This. May as well call it /hottopiccore/ I can't believe how easily influenced by obvious shitposts they are. They all unironically listen to slam and brutal death exclusively now.

The majority of Sup Forums doesn't hate black metal, the majority of Sup Forums is contrarian and /metal/ even more so. BM is probably the most liked genre of metal on this board, but shitposting is what you do on Sup Forums

They don't. The entire board is just full of shitposters that "hate" on everything.

love BM. I BM every day.

Sup Forums loves black metal and doom metal

what Sup Forums doesn't like is death metal (apart from /metal/)

Don't take shitposting as serious/genuine opinions.
Except for Slam, but even then i think it's just ironic shitposting.

i read that as why does the majority hate black people my inner racist has come out in my dyslexia

/metal/ loved black metal not long ago, IDK if it changed

I remember someone was trying to force a meme there that black metal is shit, maybe it worked

it did
/metal/ is kill desu

Yeah he's still trying to force that meme. That gets posted in every thread. It did work though. Now anytime someone tries to bring up black metal in those threads, the only response you will get is 't. Blackie' or 'black metal sucks'.
>inb4 one of those responses

black metal is great

I'm listening to Mayhem as we speak
Man these vocals are funny, awesome riffs though

yeah attila's vocals took me a while to get used to, but i love them now

When did he say that stuff about Grimes?

it didn't work, it's the same 2-3 faggots samefagging every thread

alcest is terrible

i hope this is the case. either way, discussion of black metal in that general is pretty much impossible now.

great album btw. i always prefered BAN's more traditional stuff

I like that they actually used a human drummer, it made a big difference. but then again I guess the drum machine is fitting for the surreal atmosphere of their more experimental albums

Some of their early stuff is good. I listen to their later stuff in summer because sometimes I need to go out in the sunlight and hot weather.