Coat of arms

Show your coat of arms. Don't lie, show us the recent version of it, not the fanciest.

>a fucking axe

Revolution was a mistake.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aquila_(Roman)
fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Étoile_d'Italie
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What?
Is that French coat of arms?

Yes it is.

>he has no bird of awesomeness in his coat of arms

Isn't that symbol of fascism?
The axe?
I thought ((( progressivism ))) has won in France

>tfw when you had the GOAT coat of arms but now it's a fucking axe

>Isn't that symbol of fascism?

Yes, more or less.

We're secretly fascists

France is totally obsessed with Fascism, we've a shiton of antifas and athose faggots are fucking fascists

>Implying

Pretty nice, I like it.

be honest desu

t. roach

No, it's this one.

What's the robot head on the top?

This is our country's symbol, what the fuck are you on about?

Calm down, Mahmud

Skanderbeg's helmet

Coat of arms = country's symbol.

>tfw no based bird because of association with Francoism

This one is too boring

>Skanderbeg

Nice.

O, sorry I didn't know that. Always thought it was the symbol of a country's military.

HOW CAN ANYONE EVER COMPETE?

Well, Israel is pretty much an army with a state :^)

This one is pretty good
He said the latest ya ruskie

True. :^)

>that Jewish star on the top
(((USA)))

Are all Russians retarded?

Not bad but i still want one of the older versions

The current French coat of arms is still cool, as with everything French. It is pity the Italians, so entirely unoriginally, tried to steal the fasces for their own movement, but I guess they were just recognizing that France was greater than anything they could come up with.

jesus christ, wtf is with countries and these all the eagles garnishing the coat of arms?

Please don't lie, your latest is still pretty cool.

outdated ones don't count

It's called history

O wait

>tfw when you search for your country coat of arms and wonder should we be more ruthless to the traitors back in 1975

aesthetic

Psalm 72:8

Our Queen has quite a lot.

has inside it

The old informal French coat of arms during the IIIe république was pretty cool

>Psalm 72:8
kek'd

When will you shoot the commies?

The English lions, Scottish Lions, Irish Harp, and French Fleurs-de-lis represent the founding peoples of Canada.

>Isn't that symbol of fascism?
Yes and no. Both Fascism and the French Republic adopted the symbol from its original root: the Roman Republic. The axe reflects the authority of the state and the twigs tied around it the root of power: one twig is easily broken, but a large enough bundle of twigs unbreakable. An individual can be broken, a people can resist endlessly.

Same with the Roman Salute. The Nazis ruined it for everyone, but it originated in the French painting "the oath of the Horatii" and can be seen in some Napoleonic paintings as well (pic related, notice the Old Guard performing what we'd today describe as the Hitlergrüss).

As usual France demonstrates itself to be a true son of Rome while Germany is but a vile mockery of Roman legacy.

>"German" offended by Christianity

Not surprised.

st kitts is CUTE

>no Latin

lazy island nigs

I'm not offended by Christianity, but I know that Psalm doesn't apply to you. Also mfw leaf logo is based on German Luther rose

We

>his Queen's subjects are
Papuan tribes, emus and kangaroos

>doesn't apply to you

It's on the coat of arms Mehmet, I guess they don't teach Latin in refugee camps. It is the national motto of Canada.

Here's how it shows up on government letterhead
There was a push in the late 90s to stop government units from wasting money on their own separate branding so federal and state governments adopted unified style guides which of course cost 10s of millions

Hail Byzantium

Having a Christian motto is not very progressive, thankfully president Trudeau will change that you racist white cis scum bigot

And here's what the Beattie Labor government in Queensland adopted, at great expense, the "Beattie Burger"

Remove all the kebab user, Constantinople will return.

And here's what the Campbell Newman LNP government in Queensland adopted, at great expense, because fuck Peter Beattie that's why

>Je maintiendrai

I thought only UK had French on its coat of arms.

>using a shooped image

Why? Plenty of images showing Trudeau being an idiot and you chose a fake one.

It goes back to the Roman aquila, it was the symbol Romans carried into battle.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aquila_(Roman)

As most Western European powers consider themselves heirs to Rome in one fashion or another the symbol has endured.

The double headed eagle is a later symbol from the Byzantines and the Holy Roman Empire, thus it's used by those who consider themselves it's descendants.

The Arab eagles are suposed to be unrelated and represent Saladin, obviously the prestige of the symbol in the West must have had an influence.

The Khazaks and a few other peoples I think also have unrelated eagles.

Ours is Aztec, obviously being a Latin country the Roman iconography is also important.

Yours was taken along with other Classic Greco-Roman symbols (the Senate, Washington DC's neoclassic architecture) to also create a connection to Rome.

Other than Easterners most countries using the eagle are basically saying WE WUZ ROMANS.

Stop it please.

THATS AN EMBLEM NOT A COAT OF ARMS
REEEEEEE

Why should I care if it's shopped or not I google Trudeau and I pick the gayest.
About pic related: I'm very happy that this money was spend most of it directly went into our pockets for all the overtime and deployment bonus

I'm surprised but real Italian coat of arms is worse then ours desu. Why the red star?!

Also people trying to enforce the authority of state with symbolisations of power tend to be quite unoriginal.
>Eagles and fasces were good enough for the old country they're good enough for here.

>German """"comedy""""

We still use the Roman salute

Our original one was Concordia res parvae crescunt, but when we became a monarchy we changed it to this one for the "Belgians". Our first one was based on the Coat of Arms ot the county of Holland.

fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Étoile_d'Italie
Its the most ancient symbol of italy and after ww2 every single historical symbol of italy were considered fascist .Even our anthem is censured.,fucinkg communst they ruined italy

Stop shitting the thread up with Breitbart """news"""

based mexicans

We have an emu in our coat of arms because they are an unstoppable force

Eagles have been considered symbols of power in various different cultures. The apex predators, if you will. It was also the symbol of the roman empire, and later of the byzantine empire. They resonate with people the same way lions do.

At least they tryed

>There was a push in the late 90s to stop government units from wasting money on their own separate branding so federal and state governments adopted unified style guides which of course cost 10s of millions

Why can't we have anything nice?

British Passports for example, look like complete cheap mass produced shit. Put some effort in, I don't care if I get taxed literally a fraction of a penny more.

Aquilinity

>From Roma and Rus' it came,
>To Revolution and Reich it went,
>From the Eyri to the Marienburg,
>Was heralded it's Royal assent,
>Yet ay, across, despite its woes,
>A kinder Kingdom,
>Soon arose,
>A lion,
>In repose,
>And
>Froze-
>n
>In time,
>That Aquiline cry,
>Could not this beasts roar send awry,
>For here men hath no need of conquered sky,
>In England's sceptered eye.

>A FUCKING HARP

It's the Republic coat of arms.

I prefer the Turul bird on the Transylvanian coat of arms tbqh
At least I know why it's there

>England has the french CoA on
>France doesn't

JUST 1789 MY SHIT UP SENPAI

The shield looks far worse, ours har more lions

>Monaco in charge of drawing

Heraldry is pre-digital and wikipedia gets what it pays for
I work for an organisation that occasionally fucks around with its coat of arms

>professional coat of arms upfucking
wiki definitely can't into coat of arms

the swedish one is pretty cool, but it's a little over the top. Ours is very simplistic

I don't like ours

If we were a kingdom this would be good

at least the penis of the lion was not cutt of like on Sweden's

Thanks you based Dutch poster who always knows a lot about French History

Does that count?

Cucked