Best albums of their genre

>dream pop

>that's not Souvlaki

>that's not Cocteau Twins

that't not even Beach House best album

As long as this exists

I honestly thought this for a long time too, but song for song this is better.

without souvlaki space station, souvlaki would be on par with any ride album. and i love slowdive.

you start

>this thread

Jazz.

What about When the Sun Hits or Alison?

>xiu xiu
>experimental
>whatever

Anime soundtracks

holy god damn shit

slowdive is a funny band i think - they have loads of great singles across a few albums with one really strong song per album. whole album-wise, they can be kinda inconsistent.

art pop

Yeah I can agree with this

Departure, man.

Industrial hip hop

This is the best Trip Hop album ever made.

That's very understandable

>drone / ambient-drone

i want to die

Neofolk

I think you mean this.

Even if Trip-Hop is a genre filled almost entirely with garbage.

That's not trip hop though.
It's ambient. Or something.
But it sure as fuck ain't trip hop.

Just give it a few more listens. It'll grow.

Good jokes lads.

i love that album
it's not trip hop

>Loveless
>souvlaki

>Indie Rock [?]

B E S T K R A U T R O C K

hey welcome to Sup Forums you must be new here.

>synthpop

NAW!!!!!! COCTEAU TWIN NIGGA

this gem from last year (A dream outside - Gengahr)

Souvlaki and Pigmalion are both incredibly consistent and those two are their most acclaimed.
I like Beach House but they are the definition of inconsistent, their only consistent one is Teen Dream.
Bloom is massively overated and sucks ass outside of 3 or 4 GOAT songs.

Two people were trying to tell me I was an idiot for not thinking Grouper was straight dreampop in another thread, I really have no idea what they were on about.

agree

indie rock

>what is cowboy bebop

>avant-noise

>what is FLCL

>slowcore

It's way denser/ambienty than most other dream-pop though, maybe because of that.

Pic related for noise rock.

close

>screamo

I wouldn't even call it dreampop, too dronish to be in that category I think.

No.

the blue one is better though
also this guy is right
still both are fantastic

pygmalion was regarded by both their own record company and critics as a "fuck you". they were dropped because of it! but you knew this already.
again, one astonishingly good song, then 8 songs that are above par, but mediocre in comparison.

souvlaki we kinda covered.

That's not Treasure nor Heaven or las vegas

avant-pop

Nope, here it is.

nah pygmalion is a 9/10 you're wrong

ha! iI was deliberating between the white birch and low's the curtain hits the cast. but i felt none of what low did could touch on what codeine achieved with this the white birch.

>avant
does know one know what that means?
you meant shit pop

nigga it's the best of experimental pop

Almost

Those are great albums, but not the best.

that's not sweet trip

pygmalion has 9 tracks...

also a 9/10 where?

>Ska

>big beat?

these are good, but...

dude grimes is shit meme lmao xd

>Psyche rock

>hip hop

fuck off

Not at first but many consider Pygmalion to be on a similar level of Souvlaki now.
Not mad at all, I just honestly believe your opinion is one of the worst I've heard on this site for years.
I can see someone who is into dreampop MAYBE not like 2 of the songs, maybe sing or melon yellow.
Lazuli is shit and anything after the hours is mediocre, and it's a bad album with 3 GOAT songs and 1 or 2 good songs, that is it.
I've never heard someone try to defend Bloom as being a consistent album nor have I heard someone try to say Slowdive is inconsistent, they are far more consistent that most shoegaze and dreampop acts, the only album that isn't is Just for a Day.

nah red house painters have one flaw - lead by mark cuntbag.

plus i feel codeine achieved the sound of slowcore perfectly, even if a couple of years later than what red house painters started off.

>nu-TSL
>best of the genre
Off yourself

I agree

I really like this record, but i've always thought of it as hardcore punk tho.

This would be my contender btw

my vote for dungeon synth tbqh lads

This meme isnt amusing

>cloud rap

are you a fucking idiot OP you should break a glass bottle into smaller shards and then eat every piece until you bleed to death from your neck.
The best dream pop album is Heaven or Las Vegas by Cocteau Twins.

not even the best Cocteau Twins album

Sorry guys wrong album I meant to post cLOUDDEAD

hahahaha

you're sort of missing the mark, and it seems you're gathering all your opinions from the wrong places.

my roots are in dreampop and shoegaze, and they have been a staple of my life for like 25 years. additionally, all i'm arguing is the consistency of slowdive's records.

take loveless as a comparison. although not strictly a dream pop album at all, song for song it is near perfect - with each song almost on the same par as the last.
slowdive had a strange trait of creating a genre defining and/or breaking songs. pure genius which couldn't be replicated (souvlaki space station, catch the breeze, blue skied an clear). each song sparked a new wave of bands trying to copy what they themselves couldn't replicate to the same level.

bloom however manages to fluke something slowdive couldn't do and create a whole album of similar outstanding quality with that same feeling of not even trying as those aforementioned tracks.

Explain which other album of theirs is better than Heaven or Las Vegas

nah, clouddead is mediocre, the thing I posted is better

NEET-pop

eat piss faggot

>he's angry
wew, just accept that Treasure is the best

no it isn't Heaven or Las Vegas is the best, you aren't listening correctly

FWOBHM

>psych-folk

incorrect

no it isn't Treasure is the best, you haven't listened it

these are far too different to even compare.

DIANA DIANA KICK YOUR FEET UP

Who dat? I'm a post-pleb

God tier album

good but nah

you're post-retard if you can't google this image

true, psych/avant/freak/free-folk is too big of an umbrella. i just love the album and wanted to post it

yeah i'm a fan too, but i still prefer nsb in terms of that folky-ish sound.