Perhaps Swans if not Radiohead

true they're still bretty good though

probably

100% agree.

New Swans is a little overrated but overall? niggawhat.jpg

The Beatles

was just going to post that

>people are actually falling for this meme

Y'know how I know I'm getting old? Every time I see threads like this I start to think more and more that posters who feel this way are just underaged.

Radiohead were one of those once in a lifetime type of acts, and watching them grow and growing with them as they make music is something that I'm just happy happened.

I adored AMSP and it's really cemented my respect for them. I mean, they gave me like a solid 8 great records and one good one. Sure, there's more experimental and boundary pushing music out there, but I don't think Radiohead's ever thought of themselves as true musical innovators outside of the pop/rock realm.

Let's just let them become a classic artist and appreciate the phenomenon they were. Not everything's a musical taste superiority pissing contest.

THE FACT THAT

ACDC

you've heard their whole discog after two songs

If you think what's special about The Beatles is how they started and not what they grew into becoming, that's pretty sad.

Love that band. Calling things "overrated" is just a waste of time, desu. It's either good, or not.

The Rolliing Stones, ughh.

well said

No way are the Beatles or Stones overrated.

Queen are easily the most overrated band of all time.

The problem is that no real modern band has hit the same balance of critical acclaim and popularity as Radiohead.

this

to each their own, i've just never found their music enjoyable. i like music that's influenced by them, so i respect them in that sense, but i think it's more either you like a band or you don't, not necessarily if they are good or not

fuck Radiohead they suck like shit

Guns & Roses, of course.

Umm... Queen?

Also, yorke's voice is fucking unsufferable

Music for faggots and normies

With the way consuming music has changed, I really don't know if another band really will.

Not that their won't be great, great new music, but the whole "legendary career" thing--with most non-casual music listeners eagerly anticipating the next release--is just not something we do any more.

The way we consume media is too fragmented. It's less about "the band" and more the album or the single. And there's not anything inherently wrong with that, btw.

Muse. Wow that was hard.

Kek

I am not underaged, I grew with Radiohead, and it's still shit for pseudo-intellectuals, accesory music.

It is pop-rock with "d33p" lyrics and "sad" vibe, perfect mix for the average angsty suburban teen.

Not that user but fair enough. Personally though I can't imagine someone listening to Rubber Soul, Revolver, Sgt Peppers, Magical Mystery Tour, the White Album or Abbey Road and not enjoying them. There's everything in there, from psychedelic rock to Indian music to classical to heavy metal to drone to doom metal to blues.

No real music critic thinks anything positive of Muse though.

You're just attacking a minority of the fanbase

You make it sound as if their only albums are The Bends and OKC.

and you're entitled to that opinion, but I really don't think that should be the general consensus

>Indian music to classical to heavy metal to drone to doom metal to blues.

You are trying way too hard, and in the process, making yourself look like a total ignorant self-righteous prick.

Theres is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING drone, doom or heavy metal, much less "Indian" music unless you think "Indian" music is using a fucking sitar in a pop-rock song.

I despise Beatles fans.

They're only overrated on Sup Forums. The portion of humanity that has functioning eardrums (and, coincidentally, has never heard of this place) realizes what an inexcusable shitheap Radiohead is.

No one in this thread is over 18 years old.

By Indian music I was referring to Love You To off Revolver. That is quite obviously a raga rock song. Helter Skelter is heavy metal, I Want You is doom metal and Tomorrow Never Knows is drone.

now THIS is trying way too hard, f@m

>They're only overrated on Sup Forums.
Reddit loves Redditohead though

No, Radiohead's music is appealing because it is pop music thinly veiled as "deep". I do not like Radiohead, and I particularly do not like their fans who defend Radiohead as some sort of avant-garde geniuses.

Their latters releases are weak, I do like some of their songs, but overall lack the pop mixed with gloom vibe. Also, they tried different directions and did not succeed like they did with OKC and Kid A or Bends.

Yes, I am trying to defend my opinion.

literally arcade fire.

No one gives a shit about them anymore.

>After the festival, Reich explored Radiohead's music for the first time.[7][9][20] He describes them as "an important and innovative rock group"[7] and "definitely one of the best bands around,"[15] stating that "their melodic stuff is very beautiful."[10] He found two songs were particularly memorable: their classic "Everything in Its Right Place," from the 2000 album Kid A, and the more recent and upbeat "Jigsaw Falling into Place," from the 2007 album In Rainbows.[7][9][12][15][20] Reich describes "Jigsaw" as "a beautiful song" featuring "elaborate harmonic movement."[9] "Everything" he calls "a very rich song. It's very simple and very complex at the same time."[21] "It's three-chord rock but it's not, it's very unusual."[9] He explains that although the song is in the key F minor, the F minor chord never appears.[9] Reich also comments that the word "everything" is sung to tonic–dominant–tonic, echoing, probably unconsciously, the dominant–tonic chords that form "the end of everything in classical music ... it's perfect, it is everything."[9]

>Helter Skelter is heavy metal, I Want You is doom metal and Tomorrow Never Knows is drone.

I really do not know what to say about this. You are just stretching definitions way beyond reasonability just to defend your "le superior band XD".

You are delusional.

Jigsaw falling into place is perfect

pic related must be the most overrated band, always have been making the same boring blue's/rock music atleast bands like radiohead and the beatles experimented with their sound and style

oops

So what does it take for music to be genuinely "deep" to you, user?

One of the things I respect most about Radiohead is they don't even really seem to become active unless they feel like can genuinely tap into something creative or meaningful to them. I mean, they can take forever between albums.

Also, they way Thom slept on a song as great as True Love Waits for 20+ years before he came to a place where he felt like it could work... And the reason he thought it could work probably being something very personal, like his separation with his long-time partner.

I mean, you may not connect with it, but I think there's genuine, "deep" feeling there.

It doesn't "take" anything. Radiohead's lyrics andmusic seem mundane to me, extremely mundane, appealing to the average angsty teenagers, nothing impressive, nothing inspiring.

I have tried many times to get into them, but I honest to god cringe at some of their lyrics (I like reading lyircs). I do love the song No Surprises though, not that I think its is specially profound or something, I just like its simplicity.

How does it feel to have shit taste, user?

I dunno, maybe you can tell me :> ?

>Helter Skelter, with its screamed vocals, manic drums and percussion, thrashed guitar and THIS fucking bass playing (youtu.be/r8GOFbETxWI), is somehow not heavy metal

kys

well, what's a deep artist then?

give me some reccs dude

I love Stars of the Lid, for example. Curiously enough, no lyrics. I also like HANL and Brian Eno a lot.

I feel like I should say that I also like "dumb" artists, specially when they do not take themselves too seriously and pretend to be something they are not.

>Caring about lyrics
Why not criticize the actual music for once?

Do you know anything about how heavy metal harmony works?
Helter Skelter is along the hard rock line, but even then, that wasn't that original at the time.

>Not caring about lyrics
Why don't you go back to listening to fuccboi EDM?

it only makes sense for those bands to be overrated considering how much praise they receive, it shouldn't come as a surprise honestly.

I like when people play around with definitions so that it fits their delusions, you're basically the progressist of music.

At best, this song is an average Rock song.

Sorry to break your Beatles bubble.

The music, like I said, is mundane, nothing special or breaking.

Lyrics and voice is a criticism that people mistakingly use to label music "bad".

>band becomes success
>'overrated'

get outta here with your hipster shit sonny jim

Do you really seriously believe this? Do you honestly believe voice is not another instrument? Do you really believe that lyrics do not matter at all and do not add to the artistic value?

Also, like I already stated, I love non-vocal music too. My problem is particular to Radiohead and other similar bands.

Just to throw this out there...

>"Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there"

...is like one of my favorite lyrics ever. It's so simple, but there's an ocean of meaning there. And man, the way it's delivered.

That's a great line to me.

>it only makes sense for those bands to be overrated considering how much praise they receive
wew lad, I'm so done with this board. You're all hipster faggots who only "appreciate" "obscure" music.

>implying vocals aren't part of the music

I really think you should learn a bit about how music works there bub

this

the fucking description

Retard

Nice discussion there, user. Really adding to the conversation. Retard.

Retard

Retard

Retard

not him but idk man
saying helter skleter "wasn't that original" is pretty disingenuous considering how heavy it rocks, literally MC5 or LZ tier

This is one of the few opinions that is unforgivable and completely wrong.

kys

they should call them overatiohead

if anything, underrated

The thing is that MC5 for example was already around, so it wasn't that original.

No Surprises is like their corniest song you fucking nerd.

pseudo-intellectuals? so what band is for REAL intellectuals? I'd be really interested to hear your opinion, because anyone could make that exact same shite argument.

This sounds like an average case of, "I don't like that band, so anyone who listens to it is stupid af. This music is stupid. The music i like, though, is really smart, and makes me smart because of it. God damn, I'm such a fucking genius because i listen to X or Y."

This could not have been said any better.

>mfw somebody still hasn't posted Nirvana

I think they deserve the praise they get, it's pretty good

Pablo Honey is my favorite album of theirs. Fight me.

youtube.com/watch?v=GIWwfWaWuaE

..Are you saying Nirvana DESERVES the praise they get, or doesn't? You're making no sense right now.

It's more heavy rock than heavy metal. I'm a Beatles maniac bro, but I think you're reaching in this case. They're still definitely influential, but they didn't create metal.

Anyway, thanks for the bass tracks. Those are pretty cool. Got anymore?

I say they do deserve it, but typically Nirvana is mentioned a lot in overrated band threads

Micheal Jackson

nigga you dumb. you pointed out the bass, as if that couldn't fit any genre of music. the first thing that comes to my mind, tho, is not heavy metal.

>Not everything's a musical taste superiority pissing contest.
Do you know where you are?

Honestly What's Going On only has 3 good songs on it
I kind of prefer his Motown stuff

I feel like everyone here is assuming overrated means bad.

It doesn't.